+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Moving Rockstar Monday Night to VH1

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    It's on VH1 right now @ 11:00 p.m. CST.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Well, crap. We don't get CH here in BC, at least not where I am. Oh well, I'll have to rely on you guys to give a good recap!

It's unfortunate that RS:I is struggling. I don't think they will do another dbl elimination. I think they'll just get rid of Jessica before the next show starts! Kidding aside, I think they'll have a final 3 and then the band will decide who will be their new lead singer. The remaining 3, I predict, will be Mig, Marty and JD. I don't see anybody else worthy or suitable for INXS.

As for the ratings, I find it hard to commit 3 nights in a row for this show, with different time slots! I have missed a few already including the shift to VH1. They should also make this earlier around 8pm or 9pm for all 3 shows and also combine the Monday/Sunday show with the Tuesday show. 10pm for the performance show is very late even my co-worker who is an avid reality show fan cannot stay up that late.

I really like the show's format and it's what AI should emulate. It's just a victim of timeslots and bad scheduling. Or maybe they should just replace Brooke with Dick Clark or Casey Casem, but seriously I prefer that Brooke girl from Dog Eat Dog.

BTW, I missed the Sunday show, anyone know if they are replaying it tonight or tomorrow on VH1?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    Well, crap. We don't get CH here in BC, at least not where I am. Oh well, I'll have to rely on you guys to give a good recap!
    CH (channel 11 Hamilton) is owned by Global. You should check any of the Global affiliates you get Sweetpea.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by JonasGrumby
    BTW, I missed the Sunday show, anyone know if they are replaying it tonight or tomorrow on VH1?
    Sorry for the late notice, but I've been out all dang day with my Mom shopping....I do see it scheduled tonight (Monday 8/8) for 10:30pm on VH1 as well.

giz
    I get CH (Global) in B.C., but it's showing 2 episodes of Two and a Half Men (though one is more than enough). The listings are wrong sometimes though, so I'll check then anyway.

I think the biggest problem with the ratings has been the time slots. One night it's on at 9:30, another at 10:00, and another at 9:00. How can you expect viewers to tune in regularly when they have to keep track of what time it's on and what night? And now we also have to tune into a whole other station for one of the shows? Not how to build an audience, CBS guys!

Big Brother is on at different times on different night, but they're all on the hour and that's an established show. They don't mess with moving Survivor from it's 8:00 slot. With all the competition out there, they need to make shows more accessible.

Saw the show, they got drunk and that's about it.

Again, R.E.M songs...Nirvana songs...I'm getting sick of it. Saw a song called Crazy, thought it was finally an Aerosmith song but no...

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    CH (channel 11 Hamilton) is owned by Global. You should check any of the Global affiliates you get Sweetpea.
    Thanks, Q, but no such luck. Oh well...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast