+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Moving Rockstar Monday Night to VH1

Am I interpreting it correctly when I say, Canadians won't be able to catch the Monday portion of the show? I really hope this isn't true.

Maybe Monday Night show will continue to run in Canada? I hope so...I like the preview of what songs they are going to sing...And this show pretty much has spoiled Canadian Idol for me. CI looks like amateur hour compared to Rockstar. Its driving me crazy that so few people are watching it!
    meh...

Canadians: At the moment, online tv guides are saying that there will be a Monday show on CH and WIVB (CBS). I guess, we'll have to wait till Saturday or even next week before we can count on anything definate.

I don't usually watch Monday nights, but like someone else mentioned like that I could if I wanted. I enjoy the recaps!!
    I'm surprised also that the show isn't doing too well either?!?!?
    That's just crazy....one of the best singing type shows I've ever seen.
    ---------------------
    opps....

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    econdly, the show is tanking? I'm confused. I love this show! It sooooo kicks AI's asssss. I can't believe other people don't like it -- much better talent, much better music, much better performances, much better judges, much better audience interaction, much fewer commercials... It is concert-quality work, every show. How can this show possibly be tanking? I feel horrible about this. This is one of the best values on TV right now.
    You said that perfectly. It's exactly what I was thinking. How on earth can this show be failing?? It's the best talent-based show I've seen. It's the only show I go out of my way to watch right now. I agree that losing Brooke would be helpful, but aside from that, what is up with people??

And pttthht on moving to VH1. Now I can't watch it.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

FORT Regular
    I don't get cable where I am at the moment so moving Monday's show to VH1 is a bummer for me.

I'm also disappointed that this show isn't doing that well and they cut two weeks off since that means two fewer performances from Jordis (yes I think she's making the finals ). I blame CBS for part of that since they are promoting Big Brother more heavily and have given that show the better time slots (e.g. 9pm slots, Thursday's before CSI).

It is hard to believe that this show is tanking and "I Want to Be a Hilton" isn't. How can that be?
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    What? This thread surprises me!

First of all, I love the Monday night shows because I enjoy seeing the background on these contestants and how they interact with each other, and what they say about each other. It's great!

Secondly, the show is tanking? I'm confused. I love this show! It sooooo kicks AI's asssss. I can't believe other people don't like it -- much better talent, much better music, much better performances, much better judges, much better audience interaction, much fewer commercials... It is concert-quality work, every show. How can this show possibly be tanking? I feel horrible about this. This is one of the best values on TV right now.

I'm confused...
    I think there are several contributing factors to the demise of the Monday show, and the poor ratings of the show in general:

1. It aired opposite Hell's Kitchen.

2. There is already an hour-long Tuesday show and a half-hour long Wednesday show. Expecting viewers to commit to yet another hour on Mondays (with no performances) is simply overkill. They could've incorporated footage from the Monday show into the Tuesday show, making time for it by starting out with less contestants.

3. Better judges??? At least Simon, Paula, and Randy have personalities. The INXS band members are downright boring, and Dave comes across as an arrogant, prima-donna, rock star prick (I know...Simon can be a prick at times also, but he does it in a likable, entertaining sort of way). Brooke is absolutely horrible and adds nothing to the show.

4. As far as talent being better than AI goes, I'm not sure I 100% totally agree with that statement either. If they would've started with 8 or 10 singers max, then I'd probably agree with that statement, at least for a half dozen of them. Fifteen was waaay too many to start with, especially when half of them flat out suck. Stiffs and posers like Neal, Wil, Daphna, Jessica, etc. wouldn't have even made the final 10 on AI. They had no business being on this show in the first place.

5. The contestants should have more of an input into song selection. They should either be allowed to select their own song, or base it on their previous performance (i.e. most number of votes gets first pick, and so on). This would help improve the overall quality of performances each week.

6. I think.....no, I KNOW there are a lot of INXS fans who are offended by this entire process of how the band replacing Hutchence by "selling out" to Mark Burnett. They are staying away from this show in droves.

7. Call me a chauvinistic, sexist pig if you like, but sorry ladies....I'm gonna' say it anyways: women singers don't belong in this comptition. A few of the women are very talented and entertaining to watch, but this should've been an all-male competition. By choosing a woman to become their lead singer, INXS would totally lose their identity (see #5) and become another 10,000 Maniacs or something like that.
    Last edited by Mr Beefy; 08-04-2005 at 09:40 AM.

FORT Regular
    Time slot, time slot, time slot. They're most likely losing a ton of viewers because the most important show (Tuesday) has the worst time slot (10-11pm). A lot of people don't want to stay up that late, so why bother watching the Monday and Wednesday show if you're going to miss the performances? I personally have to get up at 5am to go to work, so I don't make a habit out of staying up that late. It always amazes me when networks put good shows in bad time slots, then cancel them because of poor ratings. A good example is The Family Guy. Fox moved that show every other week to a new night/time, so it was impossible to catch and made the ratings horrible. Fox thought it was due to low popularity and cancelled it. Then it comes out on DVD and sets records for sales. At least Fox realized their mistake and brought it back with a good time slot in a lineup it fit in. If RS moved the Tuesday show to 8 or 9, I think all 3 episodes would rise in ratings. We'll probably never know though.

Thanks Esco 452 for the Canadian TV info. I hope our stations continue to broadcast the Monday show. I like seeing the preparation for the big night -- you know, will J.D. tank with We Are the Champions, can Ty pull of Everlong, etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast