+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Who do you think will win...

What are these "radio performances" everyone is talking about??? What am I missing??

Quote Originally Posted by Juls2
    What are these "radio performances" everyone is talking about??? What am I missing??
    Can't remember the exact website, but I am sure someone will post it, but there are solo INXS songs that have been up there from JD, Suzie, MiG and Jordis. There have also been two duets, a JD/Suzie duet and a MiG/Jordis one.

The solo ones are gorgeous as is the JD/Suzie duet. The MiG/Jordis duet is a little painful.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Juls2
    There have been two radio performances so far where two contestants drew names out of hat to decide who would be on them. The first one was on LA's STAR 98.7 with J.D. and Suzie doing Mystify (J.D.), Need You Tonight (Suzie), Never Tear Us Apart (duet).

The Never Tear Us Apart performance can be found on the radio station's site at:

http://www.star987.com/pages/audio_c...article=317684

The other radio performance was a recording for Westwood One with MiG and Jordis doing Mystify (duet), Need You Tonight (MiG), and Never Tear Us Apart (Jordis).

The official INXS.com site has all three Westwood One performances available for listening. You can do a search to find the other two radio performances.

Trippy .... Thank you!

I'm back and forth on whether INXS likes Marty or not. The fact they didn't give him a standing O when they gave it to almost everyone else makes me wonder.

I think Marty proved this week that he can be flexible but I think he's not so good at taking criticism. His immediate reaction was to fight back but in the end he showed he could do what they wanted. They still criticized much more than most people the result last week (based on those who saw the full rather than edited version). Then again the 'criminal' comment when he was in the bottom 3 showed INXS does like him.

My guess:
    1. Suzie
    2. MiG
    3. Marty
    4. Jordis - I think they're not giving her the feedback because they aren't expecting her to win.
    5. J.D.

J.D. or Jordis are most likely to go next week, depending on how well they do INXS songs. One of them may not be in the bottom 3 but, given the fact that only 2 will avoid it, I can't see both escaping.

Sorry to all the Suzie lovers out there, but I just don't see a female lead for INXS (and contrary to popular opinion I thought her rendition of BR sucked -lots of off notes, etc). I think it'll come down to Marty or Mig.

FORT Fan
    I thought Marty's performance Wednesday night was a good example of him meeting the band half way. He gave a soft vocal performance with no screaming. At the same time he did go ahead and do his scary conductor thing. I agree it's hard to know just how much the band likes him, especially compared to Mig and Suzi. Assuming the decision hasn't been made a long time ago, it may come down to who they think is the most complete performer. They probably don't want to have to do a lot of work with whoever they choose just to bring them up to their level. However, I don't see any way that it won't come down to these 3 in the end. Thanks

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by attagirl
    Sorry to all the Suzie lovers out there, but I just don't see a female lead for INXS (and contrary to popular opinion I thought her rendition of BR sucked -lots of off notes, etc). I think it'll come down to Marty or Mig.
    Whether or not you or I thought she did a superb job on BR, the band gave her big props AND gave her the encore. Apparently they think a lot of her, and I would not be surprised if she walks away with this.

Betting odds

Betting on who will be the next lead singer of INXS.

Mig Ayesa 1.60

Marty Casey 3.00

J.D Fortune 7.00

Jordis Unga 7.00

Suzie McNeil 15.00

These are the odds given by a betting site in Auistralia. Sorry but I was asked to remove the link

+ Reply to Thread