+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Who do you think will win...

Quote Originally Posted by Downsey
    Thanks to PurpleCat for bringing it to my attention and Sun_up for posting the version of JD singing Mystify. Now I feel a bit better about making a proper guess.
    My pleasure...I've been listening to it more than I should admit to.

Suzie...I really like her tv reality personality. Seems like a really nice person. Technically her voice has blown me away a few times. Seems too nice to be the lead singer of a famous band. No mystery. No layers for fans to peel off or want to know about. Good on yeah lass...you did us proud (Cdn bias aside).

Jordis...don't like her. Too Goth...Too Young...has a bit of an attitude. JD has taken a ton of heat for his attitude but she's as bad. Well that's not true, she's has subtle way about her. If you're producing a TV show, JD's giving you clips on a platter...Jordis bats her eyes and takes people aside to get her way. She'll have a very decent career in the future...possibly opening for Our Band: INXS
    I think Suzie outlasts Jordis unless they need to pull a Jessica "you've been here too many times" deal. Jordis is too young, too immature, and not right for oh so many of OB:INXS songs. I didn't like Suzie at the beginning but would now by her album. I liked Jordis at the beginning, now I know why she lost Star Search. I have thought about the opening act thing myself.... I can see the runner-up opneing and perhaps some of the other finalists doing background vocals for OB.

JD..."the Villain" of RockStar. I think that fans of reality tv love two things above all else 1. Chance to cheer someone on. 2. A chance to cheer against someone. JD has been anointed the baddie. I don't really get it. He hasn't tripped anyone on the way to the stage. He hasn't scrubbed a toilet with someone's toothbrush. He hasn't blatantly lied to cause a fight between two people in the house. He hasn't slept with another contestant just to get their vote. He's a spoiled child at times but in the Put Up or Shut Up grading system he's always Put Up. Fantastic rendition of Mystify. He has a better handle on the Blues groove Our Band: INXS can produce than any of the other male contestants (I think Jordis could have it but I don't think she has the experience to emote it as well). Extremely talented if volatile pick...if the public opinion counts, he could be in trouble.
    Thank-you. I am married, 36, with two kids under 6. Yet I find the man (he's 31 after all) great eye and EAR candy. I love his sound. He's been truthful most of the time (and when he has lied, he's still been letting the person he's been lying to get their way, he just made himself look better in the process), he's been as upfront as Richard Hatch as to why he is there and that he knows he has to mow through everyone else to do it. Too many people just want a Kum-Ba-Ya kind of show and that isn't real.

I like Marty, and would buy an album, but he's not right for OB. MiG...I'd love to see in the Queen show.....
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

FORT Fogey
    I say JD, Mig, or Marty will win. I couldn't even begin to guess which of this group will prevail, though. I think I'm leaning toward Marty - not out of persaonal favortism but because he seems the most compatible with the band - both musically and in demeanor.

I think Jordis is the best female but she has a Nirvana style - not an INXS style. I think she'll go on to have a great solo career.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    MiG has this sown up.

His voice is more refined than Marty's and his stage presence works. Both factors will appeal to a broader fan base and potentially generate more sales.

I personally prefer Marty's energy and rock vocals.

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Definitely Marty, IMO.

FORT Regular
    After week seven:

MiG (1/1) - Not a great performance Tuesday but did show some more of his musical skills.

J.D. (2/3) - I don't know if INXS likes his Michael-impersonation but I'm still giving the edge to J.D. over Marty because of J.D.'s excellent radio performances (impersonation notwithstanding).

Marty (3/4) - Given their comments Wednesday I guess INXS thinks the grunge/nu/alt metal sound could be the right one for the new INXS though the idea of INXS moving towards the sound of bands like System of a Down (mentioned by Marty) is just appalling to me.

Suzie (4/5) - The last of the remaining contestants to get an encore. INXS still seems to love Jordis more but Suzie has proven that she can sing INXS songs well (the best of the remaining contestants IMO) unlike Jordis, though I've only heard Jordis and MiG's Mystify performance so far.

Jordis (5/2) - Her worst performance ever on Tuesday and only a so-so radio rendition of Mystify has dropped her down big time. Hopefully this will shake her out of her complacent attitude these last few weeks. I feel that the other contestants just want it more than she does at this point. Her popularity with the voters may keep her out of the bottom three for a while longer, though (if Dream On couldn't do it I'm not sure what would).

Ty (6/6) - Still isn't connecting with voters. Don't think there's anything he can do at this point to save himself since he gave the best vocal performance from a technical standpoint on Wednesday but INXS still liked Marty best.

Reality junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippy
    After week seven:

MiG (1/1) - Not a great performance Tuesday but did show some more of his musical skills.

J.D. (2/3) - I don't know if INXS likes his Michael-impersonation but I'm still giving the edge to J.D. over Marty because of J.D.'s excellent radio performances (impersonation notwithstanding).

Marty (3/4) - Given their comments Wednesday I guess INXS thinks the grunge/nu/alt metal sound could be the right one for the new INXS though the idea of INXS moving towards the sound of bands like System of a Down (mentioned by Marty) is just appalling to me.

Suzie (4/5) - The last of the remaining contestants to get an encore. INXS still seems to love Jordis more but Suzie has proven that she can sing INXS songs well (the best of the remaining contestants IMO) unlike Jordis, though I've only heard Jordis and MiG's Mystify performance so far.

Jordis (5/2) - Her worst performance ever on Tuesday and only a so-so radio rendition of Mystify has dropped her down big time. Hopefully this will shake her out of her complacent attitude these last few weeks. I feel that the other contestants just want it more than she does at this point. Her popularity with the voters may keep her out of the bottom three for a while longer, though (if Dream On couldn't do it I'm not sure what would).

Ty (6/6) - Still isn't connecting with voters. Don't think there's anything he can do at this point to save himself since he gave the best vocal performance from a technical standpoint on Wednesday but INXS still liked Marty best.

What Trippy said. The only thing I am not sure of whether I agree or not is to swap Ty and Marty (but that could be wishful thinking).

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jjj5
    I think either Mig or Marty will win, possibly Ty. Wild card: Jordis
    I don't think Ty or even Jordis are really in the running to win this things anymore.

Still think Mig or Marty, had been giving Mig the edge lately, but now I don't know after Marty's performance of Don't Change. I think it'll come down to how much of a new direction INXS wants to go in. Also we have to see everyone sing an INXS song, and an original song if they haven't yet, soon.

Reverse engineering this:

Ty – the next to sent home. He does not fit well with the band. He does not fit well with the voters. He is a great singer and I predict a stellar career on Broadway for him (minus the Mohawk)

In no particular order of dismissal, such will depend on who had an off week:

Jordis – This girl has a great career ahead of her…as a solo artist. she is talented and with a little work can be the next big name in music. That said she isn’t’ right for OB:INXS and will probably be sent home the first time she does land in the bottom three

JD – fan base aside and my own opinions about his talent aside. The guy has shown he is not a team player and what band would want a prima dona? OB:INXS is looking for a new lead singer not to become a back up band.

Marty – not long ago he was my pick to win it all. However, recent weeks have show he is not as strong as once thought. The phrase “one trick pony” has been brought out to describe Marty and sadly, the term fits.

This leaves MiG and Suzie

Which one of these two win depends on a piece of unknown information, namely what does OB:INXS really want to do.
    If they are being up front about wanting to take a new direction and return to the cutting edge of music then the choice is Suzie. Suzie has shown (repeatedly) that she can handle and excel at the old INXS songs and going with a female lead will move the group into a whole now world of music possibilities and expand the bands fan base.
    If on the other hand OB:INXS wants to have one last waltz down memory lane before packing it up and fading into music trivia then the choice is MiG. MiG is safe and reasonable and would fit well with the image of the band and its current fan base would accept him without question.

Gut feeling…OB:INXS just wasn’t quite ready to retire and wants another ride round the carousel but they really don’t want to challenge themselves or anybody else….so its MiG to win.

I still think Marty...but the band sure seems to like Suzie. I feel JD is incredibly talented but does not seem to be a good fit with the band.

I hope Mig wins.... i just plain don't like Marty, i don't know what's so great about him. I don't like JD's attitude... i like Suzie though too...
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

+ Reply to Thread