+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Who do you think will win...

Quote Originally Posted by Pono
    If INXS wants to play venues bigger than county fairs, they would be wise to pick JD. Without doubt he is the best possible choice of all the contestants.

JD clearly is the best choice for a multitude of reasons. Like it or not, he has a raw sexuality that appeals to a large percentage of women, and indirectly, men. People can nit-pick about his nose or mouth, but Freddy Mercury had similar "flaws". If anything JD's semi non-conformist image is very appropriate for INXS. JD's vocal tone has a crispness and clarity that is unmatched by any of the others. He has a masterful control of his vocal tool. He doesn't pop his "p"s, he doesn't draw breath into the mic. His musical skills beyond singing are superior as well. His writing and arranging abilities are HUGE advantages that have a signature aspect to them. You can hear JD's voice and know without doubt that it is JD. Something that cant be said for the others. That is an extremely critical component for any musical performer. I am stunned by suggestions that Mig is "easier to get along with" than JD, therefore INXS should choose him. Great logic if your looking for a soul mate, not so good if your looking for a person with the proper vocal and performance talent needed to sell CD's. Some feel JD has an attitude problem. What I have seen is defensive reaction from the contestants who are intimidated by him, and redirect their fears as being "his bad attitude". A perfect example was Susie saying JD's criticism - of her criticizing him on the show - hurt HER feelings.

Finally, the non-verbals of the band very strongly point to JD as their personal favorite. The one-on-one interview with the band very much revealed them to be mentally rehearsing arguments as to why JD should be the singer, as opposed to their post-interview discussions with the other three which revolved around what each of them lacked.
    If I was a betting man with $100, I would put $90 on JD, and keep the other ten for myself.
    Right on. JD is the obvious choice and I can't get enough of him.

In regards to the issue of Australians voting for their own...
    I have a few friends living in Melbourne, so after the show started, I asked what they thought of the whole idea of the show. Basically, I was told that INXS no longer has much credibility in Australia (keep in mind, they bounced around with a few other singers in recent years with little success), the show is being aired on cable there (which apparently is pretty expensive-no one I know there has it!), and quite frankly, they don't really care what INXS does.
    I myself, was a huge fan back in the day. I love MiG, I also love JD. But truth be told, I probably wouldn't pay to see either of them front INXS, because let's face it, Michael Hutchence was a BIG part of their appeal, and I don't think there is anyone they can pick that will capture the same magic they had before. Would you go see U2 without Bono??
    I truly hope that all of the final 5 in this show go on to great solo careers-they are talented, and stars in their own right.

Quote Originally Posted by pmf1970
    Would you go see U2 without Bono??
    I truly hope that all of the final 5 in this show go on to great solo careers-they are talented, and stars in their own right.
    That's a really good point. I loved INXS back in the day. While I loved those days, I have a hard time believing that INXS will be able to see lightening strike twice.

After that point, I'm thinking that MiG might actually be the best choice for INXS all along, because he's the only contestant left in the competition that has very little chance of having a sucessful solo career as a "rock" star. As an adult contemporary artist, he'll definitely succeed!

I strongly hoping for Marty to win it but I fear that JD might possibly win. I don't love Mig, but he is a good performer.
    Visit Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    http://www.sotrfamily.proboards103.com/

After scolding ones cat, one looks into his face and is seized by the ugly suspicion that he understood every word and has filed it away for future reference.~Charlotte Gray

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dharma
    After that point, I'm thinking that MiG might actually be the best choice for INXS all along, because he's the only contestant left in the competition that has very little chance of having a sucessful solo career as a "rock" star. As an adult contemporary artist, he'll definitely succeed!

Dharma, this reasoning doesn't make sense to me...MiG is the least likely to make it as a rock star so he should be picked as INXS's Rock Star? I think I know what you mean...but I don't think INXS is going to pick the guy they think is least likely to succeed without them! This isn't a charity contest!

I want MiG to win...I think Marty is going to win. He seems to be the strongest songwriter, something INXS really needs...

That said, I will probably change my mind in about an hour.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    I'm torn. After the house show tonight, I think Marty has a great shot. He's got good ideas, he's mature, he takes the business seriously because he is a professional musician. He's always writing songs, based on the way he's feeling in his life. INXS would be well-served to take my lovely Marty, because it'd be a growth opportunity for both them and him.

But I think they are going to take JD, who is just too into the image of being rock n roll.

This would work out fine, as I'm more than willing to support the Lovehammers.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

OK I've been posting like crazy tonight, so I promise this will be my last...

Siryn got me to watching the old INXS videos on their website, and one thing I notice about OB and Michael Hutchence... they like to dance, a LOT.

All their videos have them showing rhythm; not just a couple moves here and there, but a lot of steady rhythm. And we know from watching the taped shows this season that the band does like to shake it a bit when they are feeling the music.

So, I think the person who wants to prove they are the best fit for the band should incorporate some more grooving into their act. I don't recall any of these 3 finalists dancing while they perform. I feel like they're all performing, but not necessarily dancing.

I think when the music gets to you so that you can't help but move with it, that's a successful track. This group of guys has stayed together all these decades because they love creating music, so I think if a contestant got so wrapped up in the music that they couldn't help but dance, then that would be complimentary to the band, and they would look more favorably on that person.

Just an idea.

Of course, I suppose it's hard to dance while you're trying to work both sides of the stage. I never saw Michael Hutchence live, so I don't know how he peformed during actual concerts.

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    I'm torn. After the house show tonight, I think Marty has a great shot. He's got good ideas, he's mature, he takes the business seriously because he is a professional musician. He's always writing songs, based on the way he's feeling in his life. INXS would be well-served to take my lovely Marty, because it'd be a growth opportunity for both them and him.

But I think they are going to take JD, who is just too into the image of being rock n roll.

This would work out fine, as I'm more than willing to support the Lovehammers.
    I think the editing is showing a leaning towards JD so I've been thinking it would be JD but Marty is by far selling the best of all the rockers. No one else in the top 3 has more than 1 or 2 in the top 20. When I look at it week to week, Marty has been close to the top very regularly. Since INXS said Marty in the bottom 3 was 'a crime', they might like him more than they let on and they're trying to make it more interesting by not giving him standing Ovations and criticizing him.

It's kindof fun to check out INXS's initial extended deliberations from week 1. They weren't very complimentary of Marty esp. and I think they were faint in MiG praise as well.

JD - good, missed a few verses?
    MiG - awesome song but ... (didn't finish the sentence), best crowd reaction
    Marty - interesting moves, insect like (didn't sound complimentary), needs to think about his voice not his moves

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    So, I think the person who wants to prove they are the best fit for the band should incorporate some more grooving into their act. I don't recall any of these 3 finalists dancing while they perform. I feel like they're all performing, but not necessarily dancing.
    I don't think any of them can freestyle dance very well. If they do a choreographed routine, they'll be accused of being 'N Sync. MiG dances a little bit, but when he does he gets accused of being a boy band wannabe. Marty looks like he's doing Jazzercise. And I haven't really seen JD do anything that resembles dancing...

I've seen Hutchence in concert several times. He didn't dance so much as he slithered across the stage (and I mean that in a good way). He was very fun to watch.

WE HAVE A VIEWING PARTY SITE!!!! Here is a link: http://proofnyc.com/index.html

Please join all of us everclearians to a finale viewing party in New York City. I love Marty too so you're invited even if you drink Kool-aid or Milk and Cookies.

Place: Proof (Sports Bar)
    239 3rd Avenue
    Downstairs bar
    Time: 9pm to get acquainted with one another, get drinks and get ready for the finale.

The have a full bar and menu in case you want food with your drinks.

Please rsvp by responding to this thread or email ROCKSTARINXS@yahoo.com if you plan to attend. If we have over 60 people, they will bring in another bartender and waitress. I need to let them know by noon on Tuesday.

COME ONE, COME ALL, EVEN IF YOU LIKE MIG...LOL

DIRECTIONS:
    Directions: 3rd Street between 19th and 20th. BY SUBWAY: You can take the N,R,4,5,6 trains and get off at Union Square. Head east to 3rd Avenue and go left. From Penn Station: you need to take two trains. Walk over to Herald Square and jump on B or D south and change trains on Broadway/Lafayette St to the 4-5-6 trains north to Union Square station. From Times Square: take the N-R south to the 14th Street station and then walk east to 3rd Street and north to Proof.

I am sure there are many other paths you can take. That is a few off the top of my head. Here is a link to the MTA Subway map: http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/nyct/maps/submap.htm

+ Reply to Thread