+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Who do you think will win...

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnINXSFan
    I've heard that Australians have to text vote, no internet voting so they have to pay for their votes. I think MiG fans are (or were up to last week) fewer but more fervent or more likely to vote.

Can anybody tell me how to get the stats from msn downloads? From what I've heard, the download stats show Marty and Jordis in the lead for downloads with JD's Pretty Vegas in the top 2 as well and MiG only having one song in the top 20. MiG's fans vote but they don't buy his music as much. That could be because msn downloads are US only though Canadians and Australians can't buy the songs.
    I don't see how anyone could know that Mig fans are more likely to vote or less numerous than JD fans or Marty fans. JD fans and Marty fans posting seem pretty rabid themselves, and obviously have access to the internet.

Reality junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Pono
    I am not Canadian, I am Hawaiian. I have no allegiance to any performers nationality, but I do believe that many Australians do. The early results have had Mig in the bottom three, only to have a huge number swing his late in the voting window lift him out of the bottom three. I don't think I need a Cray computer to analyze that. His image IS something that I can be critical of and I find its feminine-factor to be high, and incongruous with the style of INXS.
    Funny how people assume the worst in another race. I would say Aussies are some of the LEAST patriotic or parochial people in the world while Americans APPEAR to be some of the most. I actually admire that in the American population - that you'll do the national anthem at ball games, you'll defend your country to the bitter end, etc - so please don't take what I'm saying as an insult.

Although, Pono, it appears you don't to care how you might be hurting other people's feelings in the way you're saying things here.

As I have said many times elsewhere on the forum, Aussies will be voting for a selection of performers just like any other voters around the world. I also posted somewhere the statistics in terms of population, but a quick summary - the TOTAL population of Australia is LESS THAN the population of Los Angeles. We have a very small proportion of people who have pay television which is what Rockstar INXS is being broadcast on and Australians have to pay for every single vote - no internet voting at all. All in all, you're talking a few thousand people all up will be voting in Australia.

How many people would be voting in the US?

The EARLY voting is shown based on the live audience. They see a heck of a lot more than the edited view we all see and so are basing their vote on something different to what we experience.

Personally, I'm an Australian, I voted for Suzie more times than Mig over the course of the show and I like JD. I'm offended by your remarks shoehorning all Australians into a closeminded race that could only possibly vote for their own countryman just because he's a fellow Australian.

Thanks... I think I'll leave now - I can feel myself getting worked up about this.
    Are you a parent or teacher wanting to know more about computer and video games? Take a look at GAMEparents.

I AM CANADIAN

But I prefer wine over beer, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by jjj5
    I don't see how anyone could know that Mig fans are more likely to vote or less numerous than JD fans or Marty fans. JD fans and Marty fans posting seem pretty rabid themselves, and obviously have access to the internet.
    I know, I like to come up with wild theories (we'll call them postulations so they sound academic) when numbers don't seem to be making sense. Why do there seem to be fewer MiG fans than JD fans on the boards but JD's was in the bottom 3 for 2 weeks before MiG got there? How did Marty end up in the bottom 3 when his downloads are doing so well?

FORT Fan
    I would be happy if Marty was the new lead singer for INXS.But I have a unfortunate feeling that someone of Fortune may be their selection.Mostly feel this way because often on these reality shows the person who is my favorite does not win.INXS has to consider alot of different aspects of each performer before making a decision.If I was in their shoes I would consider both past and present history of each performer,and what this reveals about them as individuals.I think their sense of personal integrity is very important,professionalism,work ethic,teamwork,and communication skills are qualities that should be considered besides musical skills,and performances.But most likely the bottom line will probably be who OBINXS has the best chemistry ,vibe with.

FORT Fan
    Here's a new twist on this question:

Since there are 5 members of the band, they must have their own opinions. How do you think each band member is leaning? Here's my view thus far:

Kirk: I think he is firmly in JD's camp. He told Marty the band wasn't too much into screaming, and truly seems to have liked Pretty Vegas.

Garry: Not real sure on him. I could see him leaning to MiG.

Andrew: Haven't really gotten a good feel for which way he's leaning.

Tim: Seems to be leaning JD's way, but could see him in Marty's court as well.

John: I also see him leaning towards JD.

Also, who do you think carries more weight in the band? Is this a strict majority rules, or do some votes count more heavily than others? Obviously they'll try to reach consensus, but that's usually achieved by convincing someone else to join your side.

Just curious what others think, I'd love to be a fly on the wall during these final discussions.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan
    Here's a new twist on this question:

Since there are 5 members of the band, they must have their own opinions. How do you think each band member is leaning? Here's my view thus far:

Kirk: I think he is firmly in JD's camp. He told Marty the band wasn't too much into screaming, and truly seems to have liked Pretty Vegas.

Garry: Not real sure on him. I could see him leaning to MiG.

Andrew: Haven't really gotten a good feel for which way he's leaning.

Tim: Seems to be leaning JD's way, but could see him in Marty's court as well.

John: I also see him leaning towards JD.

Also, who do you think carries more weight in the band? Is this a strict majority rules, or do some votes count more heavily than others? Obviously they'll try to reach consensus, but that's usually achieved by convincing someone else to join your side.

Just curious what others think, I'd love to be a fly on the wall during these final discussions.

I think Tim and Andrew carry the most weight in the band, followed by Kirk, Garry Gary and Jon (in that order). That's the impression I always got during their hey day (of course Michael had enormous input (as he should have!) back then as well).

Reality junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    I think Sweetpea and LAGuy and JLuvs and I are going to tag team wrestle to see who should be the winner...JD. Or MiG. Or maybe that guy from the Village People is available after all...
    Just as long as you don't start singing INXS like Suzie.
    Are you a parent or teacher wanting to know more about computer and video games? Take a look at GAMEparents.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    As you can see, most of us don't take this competition (or board) as the be all end all. We like to watch the show for entertainment and make silly comments to each other when we're sitting around with a little free time. I think Sweetpea and LAGuy and JLuvs and I are going to tag team wrestle to see who should be the winner...JD. Or MiG. Or maybe that guy from the Village People is available after all...
    I'm in!

Seriously, I could never find the energy to take this whole thing too seriously. I love snarking away with other fans of the show, whatever their favorite. Us JD-lovers have developed pretty thick skins, so the JD-hate kind of bounces off us, much like a superhero.

(off topic for a moment: I remember first coming to FORT during the big Ian/Matt debate during Meredith's Bachelorette show. Man. Wanna see polar opposites go at it and fur fly? Still, fun was had by all...*I hope*...)

Now, Lois, if I could arrange for that little wrestle to be Me, MiG AND JD, well, now we're talking

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    Now, Lois, if I could arrange for that little wrestle to be Me, MiG AND JD, well, now we're talking
    Sweetie, that'd have to be pay per view!

+ Reply to Thread