+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 7/18 Show Discussion**SPOILERS**

I'm confused JLuv but I will be looking for you.

Loved the style portion of the show.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

FORT Fan
    JLuvs I think it is awesome that you were at these tapings.

How do you find out about them?

Watching the recap from the last show reminded me how annoyed I was by Tara's choice in clothing. I'm pretty sure the white tank top she was wearing was maternity wear. It had pleats under the bust line to make the belly more "roomy" and the fabric hung much lower in the front than in the back. Sorry, but maternity wear is not the best style choice when you are trying to look thin/sexy and not pregnant!! Maybe that's why they decided to highlight "personal style" in this episode !!

Quote Originally Posted by bethw12000
    JLuvs I think it is awesome that you were at these tapings.

How do you find out about them?
    The same site that gives out the tickets to American Idol gives out tickets to about 20 TV shows. Plus there is a link on how to get tickets at the official site.

I don't really know how to explain where I am any better It just depends what camera they show me on. If you are Mig and performing on the runway and come out I am on the left from his persepective. However, if you are in the audience, I am on the right at the end of the runway.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Once again... SCREW YOU AMERICAN IDOL!
    Not that I really care, but it's like comparing apples and oranges. Two different shows, two different target audiences. Then you can throw Nashville Star into the mix too. The only thing these shows have in common is it's about singing and there is a panel of judges.

I'm going to keep an eye out for you tonight, JLuvs.

I find this 1/2 hour Monday show rather pointless and not terribly interesting, so far anyway...though it was kinda funny to see Suzie dressed like she'd bought out a garage sale at Stevie Nicks' house. I mean, I like big earrings and funky boots as much as the next girl, but that was a bit much.

Quite an eclectic bunch of songs for them to choose from...REM to Black Sabbath. Wow. Tonight's show should be very interesting.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Ace
    Ya know, if J.D. wasn't such a mimbo with horrible dance moves and a ridiculous stage name, he might stand a pretty good chance of winning this thing (he's got the right look). Too funny that he's now obsessed with rearranging his songs after they complimented him on his version of "California Dreamin'" (which was horrible). Dude: giving a Bo Diddley beat to "Hand in My Pocket" does not genius make (it does make the song suck, though).

Jordis: this band needs a frontperson with great style if they stand a snowball's chance in hell of making a comeback; your lack of interest in fashion is not a plus. This is pop music (INXS "rock 'n' roll"? Puh-lease.) - get with the program! Not that they're gonna choose you anyway (you're too young and they'll choose a dude).

Neal: you're a "musician" and you don't know what "melodic" means (perhaps this is because - based on the little snatch you sang in the billiard room - you can't sing anything melodic?)? You'll make for a scintillating interview.

Suzie: Even though you have all the sex appeal of a Kathy Lee Gifford, don't worry about sexin' it up - I'll be the lead singer of this band before you are.

Deanna: I don't blame you for not "feeling" "The One I Love"; it's a boring, minor-key song with crappy lyrics. But they won't pick you in the end, either.

And am I the only one who thinks it's hysterical that they make Tim say "our band, INXS" every time? I mean, wouldn't just "our band" or "INXS" suffice? He's already stiff as a board reading those cue cards.

I wish I had been able to see last night show. I would have loved to know why certain people picked certain songs. I think this show is becoming an addictive stimulant to me. I simply can't get enough of it.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    I'm going to keep an eye out for you tonight, JLuvs.

I find this 1/2 hour Monday show rather pointless and not terribly interesting, so far anyway...though it was kinda funny to see Suzie dressed like she'd bought out a garage sale at Stevie Nicks' house. I mean, I like big earrings and funky boots as much as the next girl, but that was a bit much.

Quite an eclectic bunch of songs for them to choose from...REM to Black Sabbath. Wow. Tonight's show should be very interesting.
    I think this is why I find these forums so addicting. Different viewpoints about everything. I found last night to be interesting & loved the insight as to why the songs were picked. I like the interaction with the band & enjoy the fact that Burnett has chosen to make them a part of the show. I have to feel for Deanna & the REM thing. I may be in the minority here but I have never understood this band. In my opinion they are the most over hyped band ever. I don't feel their songs either & if Deanna can sell me on this one then she has accomplished something. Tonight should be interesting to say the least. I also found it funny that Neal didn't know Melodic. Geez!!

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    I wish I had been able to see last night show. I would have loved to know why certain people picked certain songs. I think this show is becoming an addictive stimulant to me. I simply can't get enough of it.
    Last week you alluded to the fact without saying so that we were going to find one person that we didn't like. Then I think we all pretty much agreed that Wil was that person. So, can we expect the same this week either good or bad? Also, if you are going to be there next week you should wear a FORT tshirt or something so we can pinpoint you in the audience.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast