+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 7/18 Show Discussion**SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by happyblue
    The Canucks are getting the spotlight on this episode.
    Yeah, I thought that was great, until I realized it probably means one of them will blow it tomorrow night. They have already taped the next episode, right?

Loved seeing the Canada shirt though!

I didn't get to watch the show tonight.

However I can tell you more of the song list: Sweet Home Alabama, Summer of '69 and there is a Hoobastank (sp) song.

Yes the other show was already taped and I was not the only FORTer there.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Regular
    I wish they didn't keep showing Suzie and Tara and showed more of the other contestants (and Tara, lose those glasses). Yes we know almost getting booted off is stressful but you don't have to beat us over the head with it. J.D. looks like he's set for another awesome performance and I hope Deanna manages to make something out of nothing -- she's my favorite female performer so far.

Got to say it again. That House Band rules.

AI doesn't even admit that the House Band practices with the Idols (and maybe they don't?) This show knows well enough how important that is and celebrates it.

Once again... SCREW YOU AMERICAN IDOL!

Man... Walk This Way is a hard song.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

AI shows the band practing with the idols. I have seen that quite often.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    AI shows the band practing with the idols. I have seen that quite often.
    Maybe I'm misremembering, but I think they only show them with the vocal coaches. And I think they may have only started doing that last season.

Could be wrong. But even if so, this show has bothered to make the band characters--who get to speak and have opinions and identities. That's certainly not the case on AI, where the focus is all on selling Coke and Fords and inane chatter between Simon Cowell and Paula Ab-fool.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Cool show; I enjoyed getting to see the contestants "at home," rehearsing, and so forth. I'm going to second Krom's saying that the house band (and the presentation of them) rocks.

They all got free Gibson Les Pauls! That's wild!

I don't think that Tara will be able to pull off "Paranoid," and I have my doubts about Deanna this week, as well. She was a bit of a whiny thing, eh? I guess we'll see how everything turns out tomorrow!

Paranoid is the Black Sabbath song right Mantenna? I am trying to get ahead of the game for tomorrow.
    -Bono

Yep, that's correct, JLuvs.

For those of you looking for me tomorrow, , I am pleased to inform that I am on camera row. So you should get to see me at least once. I am at the end of the runway for the contestants and on the left side of it....if you are the singer. Right side if you are me.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast