+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 7/13 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Oh good lord. I'm watching Wil assault the microphone right now. I'm so glad to hear he's gone.

Boy, if nothing else, watching this show has reminded me how much I LOVED INXS/Michael Hutchence. I actually liked Shabooh Shoobah (?) better than Kick, but it's all good.

But it's bittersweet. Hearing those songs again brings back all the sadness and shock I remember feeling when I heard that Michael had committed suicide.
    Last edited by jasmar; 07-14-2005 at 12:49 AM.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

I've liked every performance tonight! I really couldn't be a judge for this show. I agree about remembering how much I love these songs, Jasmar. Time to hit the used CD store!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I agree about being reminded how much I love these songs. After listening to the Kinks all day today, it's time to bust out the INXS CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    The CBS website shows Tuesday's episode being rerun on Saturday, but so far no mention of a rerun of Wednesday's show.
    The press site gives us this info:

Wednesday, July 13, 2005
    SATURDAY NIGHT'S ALL RIGHT FOR ROCKING
    Released by CBS

Encores of Tuesday and Wednesday's Editions of "Rock Star: INXS" Will Be Broadcast on Saturday, July 16, 9:00-10:30 PM

CBS will rebroadcast Tuesday and Wednesday's installments of ROCK STAR: INXS on Saturday, July 16 (9:00-10:30 ET/PT), following the Saturday debut of BIG BROTHER 6.

Tuesday's ROCK STAR: INXS competition show will get an encore broadcast from 9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT followed by Wednesday's elimination show from 10:00-10:30 PM, ET/PT.

The following is CBS's revised programming lineup for Saturday, July 16:

Saturday, July 16
    8:00-9:00 PM BIG BROTHER 6
    9:00-10:00 PM ROCK STAR: INXS (R)
    10:00-10:30 PM ROCK STAR: INXS (R)
    10:30-11:00 PM THE KING OF QUEENS (R)
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Nice work heppy!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I got so frustrated watching tonight.

When INXS tells you to work the room, work the room.

I think that if Wil had shown that he was capable of following hints and pointers given by INXS he would still be around, even if he follow them well. He didn't put any effort into it. At least I am spared of listening to him this week.

JD
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Regular
    I was surprised to see Suzie in the bottom three. I liked her singing Tuesday night and I thought people like Mig and Jessica had weaker overall performances. Wil was an obvious "pick" for the bottom three and I can understand why Tara was there even though I wouldn't have put her there myself since her performance was bland compared to most of the others.

Tara did alright on New Sensation but she still has that honky tonk/country sound to her voice and I don't like INXS is going to want that sound in their lead singer.

Wil was as bad as before and I'm glad he's gone. I really don't think his heart was into this competition for whatever reason. He always looked like he was just going through the motions. He did have a classy exit though.

Suzie was really good and I thought her singing was even better than on Tuesday though she started off a bit shaky. Unfortunately she has some brutal competition on the female side so it's always going to be an uphill climb for her.

I think the reason Suzie ended up in the bottom three is that she's still getting flack for forgetting the words on the first night. People unfortunately (or fortunately) have memories and that kind of thing can have a lasting impression. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens to her next week also.

Will, however, was the right choice. I'm happy that the audience chooses the bottom 3 and INXS decides who goes. I mean come on! It's their livelihood!

Tara
    She was kinda *meh* to me. Her rendition of New Sensation felt like it was missing something. I just couldn't get into it.

Will
    I love the song Need You Tonight. When he started I actually thought I might like it, but then it fell flat and he was so BO-RING. He couldn't even manage an obvious "slide" move with the "..slide over here" line... I would really like to see one of the other competitors sing this song later on!!

Suzie
    She was obviously the best of the night and her Never Tear Us Apart wasn't bad. However, now that I have heard a female singer do an INXS song, I don't know if I would listen. It just didn't 'fit' for me. Maybe I'll change my mind when I hear Jordis!

+ Reply to Thread