+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 7/13 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Fanatic
    Bit shocked the stripper (jessica) wannabe wasn't in the bottom 3 but I'm supposing Suzie's blunder on night one was in everyone's mind. Or...the lads voted for her hoping that she'll take something off next song.

I was worried we were going to lose a Canuck tonight. Wil had to go. He was looking for dates not captivating the room.

Class way to go out though.

Something else that really impresses me is the contestants themselves. It seems like it's just one big jam session for them and they are genuinely having fun. Could it be a maturity factor?

I think this is a fantastic show. The contestants are all very talented (go JD!) Dave Navarro and the members of INXS seem like great guys. And there's nothing hokey or overdramatic about it. Too bad it's not getting better ratings.

I really wish Tara was voted off. I was not surprised at all that she was in the bottom 3. She has no real range and seems to have a hard time going above or below what she is comfortable with. She doesnt look like a rock star to me either. I. am. not. impressed.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Hey Blondie.

I hated Monday's show and swore I wouldn't watch it anymore, but I was bored last night and tuned in after all. Glad I did, because the singing and performances were vastly improved.

Both Tara and Wil are boring as hell as performers, and there's nothing special about their singing (in fact, Wil pretty much sucks as a vocalist). Glad to see Suzie stay in spite of her bizarre conversation with Marty (who happens to be my favourite) on the first day. She's very likable and down-to-earth, but not really right for INXS.

Heather, Mig or JD would be the best fits for the band's vocalist, IMO.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Both Tara and Wil are boring as hell as performers, and there's nothing special about their singing (in fact, Wil pretty much sucks as a vocalist).
    AJane! Always, good to see ya!

I agree Wil and Tara are boring! All Wil did was stare down at the ladies, trying to "caress" them with his voice. I'm not into it.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Well, I thought INXS made the right call by eliminating Wil tonight. Of course, I don't think they exactly need to consult me before making their decision, either!

Wil, although I give him props for a very classy exit, did a horrible job with "I Need You Tonight." Comatose, I say! He tried to seduce his microphone, and it screamed in protest!

Tara wasn't great, but not as bad as Wil. Meh. She looks like a soccer mom.

On the other hand, I loved Suzie's rendition of "Never Tear Us Apart." That was a really heartfelt performance, and I thought it was stunning.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    For anyone that might have stumbled in here this evening after missing last night's show....there's a replay this Saturday right after Big Brother.
    hey Libs, are they going to replay tonights? Because. I freaking messed up programming my VCR AGAIN! I got 3 minutes of the show I think, before the tape ran out as they called JD to the stage. AAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

I am saving my pennies (literally, in a jar) for TIVO, and I am placing a 10 dollar bill in there everytime this happens to me. I should have TIVO by the end of the month.

Thanks everyone for the commentary. Yes, I do love this short, sweet, to the point biz. So glad Will is gone. Tara didn't belong there, Jessie did.
    Could does not mean should

Veronica, they didn't mention replaying tonight's results show again....only the performance show from last night. EEEKKK! I know for a fact that they mentioned the replay on tonight's show, but I'm not even seeing it listed on my tv guide for this weekend. Maybe they are shuffling programming to fit it in? I'll give a holler if I see it listed in the next couple of days.

The CBS website shows Tuesday's episode being rerun on Saturday, but so far no mention of a rerun of Wednesday's show.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread