+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The House Band

The article SHOULD be called "10 Reasons Why 'Rock Star' is Better Than Idol", and the House Band should simply be #1 on that list.

I swear, you really get the impression from Idol that they hardly give a cr@p. Heck, their judges even reflect that mode, since none of them are even working musicians any more (although hasn't Paula indefinitely been claiming to have been working on another album?)

However hard we come down on the Rockstar "judges" for occasional incoherence, at least the "Supernova" guys don't convey that "do what I say, not what I do" thing which comes everywhere from Idol.

And Mirkovich? Had me the first time they showed him shaking his head and giving a pained look at Zayra.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I would like to suggest to CBS and mark Burnett that, next year, make the contest about finding a lead singer for The House Band and turn THEM into a full time group. What better way to really audition someone than to have the band that plays with them make the decision. You could still have guest "Celebrity Judges" but make the House Band the star of the show... like they are now.

Just a thought...

I would love that idea, hypnoboy! The House Band is my favorite part of the show and why I tolerate some of these singers.

Now this is a GREAT idea!

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LiteWeightLiz View Post
    These guys continue to impress me to elevated levels.... Here's my vote for next season:

Rockstar: HOUSE BAND!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hypnoboy
    I would like to suggest to CBS and mark Burnett that, next year, make the contest about finding a lead singer for The House Band and turn THEM into a full time group. What better way to really audition someone than to have the band that plays with them make the decision. You could still have guest "Celebrity Judges" but make the House Band the star of the show... like they are now.

Just a thought...
    I said it first---naaaner naaaner!
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by LiteWeightLiz View Post
    I said it first---naaaner naaaner!
    I was actually saying it last year after INXS was done... I just didn't POST it and now I can't PROVE it!

(You could ask my wife. I know I said it to her!)

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hypnoboy View Post
    I was actually saying it last year after INXS was done... I just didn't POST it and now I can't PROVE it!

(You could ask my wife. I know I said it to her!)
    It's all good, dude.... you can have it. ((HUGS))

Peace.out.
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

I'm sure most of us have thought it; we just didn't say it here.

FORT Newbie
    While I'm all for focusing on the true stars of this show, I'm not completely into the concept of finding a lead singer for OB: House. I mean, Paul and Jim sound GREAT on vocals. They're great as is -Can't they just have guest vocalists once in a while?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234