+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rock Star: INXS 7/12/05 Recap: Elvis may be Dead, but Rock and Roll is Alive and Well

A life-size model of Stonehenge?

Yo, Dawg, That Was Hawt, Dude! You Made it Your Own, and . . . What? I’m Just Not Cool Anymore?

Pass the eye-bleach, please!

Your recap goes to 11, Mannolito! You're great with this show.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

FORT Newbie
    I love these reviews. I can envision myself seeing the show again as I read them.

As far as my favorite: I loved Jordis' version of "Heart-Shaped Box". And I totally agree with Dave's statement about it being her and not someone trying to imitate Kurt Cobain.

Great recap Manny! You made me feel like I was there in the front row!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Great recap!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Another rockin', recappin' performance, Manny! There were many quotables, but here are a few of my favorites:

Elvis may be Dead, but Rock and Roll is Alive and Well

This show has great performers, a phenomenal backing band, knowledgeable judges, and a hot hostess—for what more could you ask? A life-size model of Stonehenge?

Clearly a fan of energetic performances and no shoes, Dave gives Brandon props.

How to Suck all the Energy From a Room Without Really Trying

Last night, Deanna forced Dave Navarro to take a cold shower with her Janis Joplin soul singing, but can she do it again tonight with a cover of the only band that matters, The Clash?

Rowr! Dave’s tattooed arms have chills.

Next up is Wil, who did a fine job of turning David Bowie’s masterpiece, “Heroes,” into a heart-throb crooner piece. In case you’re wondering, no, that’s not a compliment.

He makes “Conjunction, Conjunction, What’s Your Function” sound positively anthemic in comparison. Yeah, disappointing, to say the least.

From a “Peaceful, Easy Feeling” to “Raw Power” in less than a Minute

Now, there are two sides to The Eagles—the peaceful, strum-strum-acoustic guitar side, and then there’s the rockin’ Joe Walsh side. Where will Tara stand in the spectrum? It seems she’s going the more polite route

Now it’s time for our next performance of the evening, and . . . oh my gosh, it’s Iggy Pop! Wait, wait, no . . . it’s just a shirtless Neal. Pass the eye-bleach, please!

Unfortunately for Neal, he’s going to need some dance lessons and collagen lip injections before he can be like his apparent idol, Mick Jagger.

Ty, the man of the golden voice, sharp clothes, and flashy mohawk, is now up on stage, and he has chosen—oddly enough—Pat Benatar’s “Heartbreaker” for his performance.

“What!?” you may be asking? “What sort of a ‘rock’ song is that folksy thing?” Well, J.D. has arranged the piece, himself, and he has done a bloody fine job of it!

. . . he restrains himself from grabbing anyone’s hair by keeping one hand firmly behind his back.

The Coda: It’s Time to Vote

I want you . . . to want . . . me!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12