+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 7/12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Pre Show

Holy batman I am the AI studio for a show that is so not AI, but with the same people doing the lines. I really ought to buy a wig or where a disguise to go to a show at this point as really it is getting sad. There is one producer guy who has seen me at every FAME, AI show, Hit Me Baby One More Time show, and now Rock Star show. I am sure I am the reason he has a job.

We sign a 4 page thingy that has kept me quiet until now and I mean they make you sign your life away. They also ID every audience member and check it with the information on the life signing away sheet. Then you get to go through security. I got to keep my little Rock Star thing they give us and I will put it with all my other reality TV trinkets.

So I walked into the studio and my eyes bugged out. It was like Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, which is a great thing, so gorgeous and the colours just made my eyes go pop. You can go to the right and be boring and sit in the audience or go out on the dance floor and enjoy a rock concert. Of course you all know what I chose.

Audience warm up guy is a gorgeous guy named Ken. He treated us like normal people. He didn’t really have to tell us to be enthusiastic as the whole audience, and by that I mean the dancing part and everyone but one person in the seated area, was. He told us what was going to be happening in the various areas of the set, tossed out some free shirts, and harassed the guy that was doing nothing. He had him scream all by himself and when he wasn’t enthusiastic the first couple of times we booed him. He then brought out INXS and Dave Navarro, then Brooke Burn – hormonal lust ran wild with the college boys in our audience, and finally the contestants.

Oh yeah Mark Burnett was there too and I would like to ask him for some of his money since I am addicted to any show that he does.

Someone brought out the contestants. I think it was Ken but it could have been Brooke. My first mission was to locate Mig, as his picture on the site has caused me nightmares, I actually skipped over him a few times before I realized it was him as he was so normal looking. Then I looked for Wil, who was the one I was most looking forward to seeing. The rest of time was spent looking at all of them. Ty, Brandon and Marty were always getting the audience going in commercials and stuff. Mig, JD and Wil were the quiet ones and the girls where somewhere in the middle. What I liked is that you could tell if they liked a performance or didn’t, sure they cheered everyone, but they only got up if a fellow contestant earned it--- and they were there the whole taping.

The Show

A big thanks to Libs and Karen14 for sending me the song titles.

Heather – aka – Nakomis : Somebody to Love- I felt a little bad for her as no one wants to be the first and they are just boom your on, so there is no time for nerves. I thought that she was awesome. Great energy. Great vocals. She really pulled the crowd in and was just what we need to get the concert started. I don’t remember what INXS said about her…but I only remember what the judges said if it was perverted or I disagreed. So that is not a bad thing.

Marty – aka David Bowie/Tom Petty – Take Me Out – I love raspy voices so needless to say I was quite entranced with Marty. The outfit, the voice, and the way he was interacting with the crowd before the show started really made his performance that much better. I think he was the top half of the guys.

Daphna – aka Dave Navarro’s future wife – People are Strange – I think that she looks so much prettier without the makeup and when she was singing about her Dad. I did really like her performance, but didn’t find her as good as Heather. She didn’t come off as natural on the stage to me. I enjoyed it though. Dave Navarro. I remember what he said all right….typical guy.

Suzie – aka Carmen Rassmussen II, - Call Me – I did not like her. Her voice grated on me and I felt she was all over the place on stage and not really connecting with the audience. It was too rehearsed to me. I actually missed Carmen by the time she was done.

Brandon – aka jumping beans – Hard to Handle – I loved this song. I just can’t convey all the energy that Brandon has and how much he wants to win this thing. To be honest I don’t remember specifics with him during his song. He was a doll throughout the show and I really just wanted to go and jump up and down on the couch with him.

Jordis – aka the winner- Heart Shaped Box – This should be prefaced by saying that I love Nirvana and I normally do not like female singers at all, as far as reality shows go. Jordis was bar none the best singer of the night and the best female in the competition. If any girl should win….my gut says her. INXS loves her.

Mig – aka shy one – All Day and All of the Night – I loved Mig because he wasn’t so sure of himself and the performance wasn’t perfect but he still managed to pull it off and get the audience on his side. Not everyone can do that. I think that he has the potential to last awhile.

Deanna – aka forgettable – Should I Stay or Should I Go – I don’t remember her performance at all and that is not a good thing. I hope to remember more after I see it but she obviously didn’t stand out much to me.

Wil - aka VFTW potential – Right Here, Right Now – see that audience Wil? Don’t ignore them. You are sure as hell not just there for the girls in the front row. Stop mumbling too. If you survive this week, and you shouldn’t, you have to step it up big time and listen to INXS.

Jessica – aka booty shaker – I Want You To Want Me – I really enjoyed her as she did something different and at this point we needed that. I liked her interaction the both the band and the audience and she didn’t loose anything vocally. Great start to build from.

Tara – aka gorgeous smile – Take It Easy – I love this song but I think that she could have changed it up a bit more to make it more appealing to INXS and the audience. It was good enough to keep her around, but nothing wow.

Neal – aka cover my eyes – Fortunate Son – OMG. If they had shown me during the crotch grabbing fest you would saw shock, then total laughter, then total manic jumping up and down. When someone totally gets into something that much how can you not love it? He needs to be careful though that he doesn’t become one-dimensional.

Ty – aka Mohawk dude – Heartbreaker- The dude is awesome. I can’t deny that, but he is far too polished a performer and that makes it hard for me to enjoy him as much as the others. He wants it bad though and he just might get it.

J.D – aka MINE – California Dreamin – INXS said he went from being the worst to the best but I had no clue what they were talking about until last night. I thought that JD was the best male performer and the hottest guy to boot. What he did with that song was amazing.

When we were done we got to vote on the way out. I voted for Mig.

That is pretty much it until I see the show.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    Heather – aka – Nakomis
    I knew there was a reason I couldn't stand Heather!

Thanks so much for your input JLuvs.

I agree about Ty being "polished". He seemed to be playing to the cameras.

ETA: Hey! I'm watching Craig Ferguson and Dave Navarro is on tonight!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I love the energy of the contestants, the crowd, and the judges. There is a lot of potential in this lot of rockers.

Jordis is a natural. JD's arraingement of California Dream was awesome. Good thing he toned down his seizure-like movements, because I want him to be one of the last ones standing. I voted for Jordis, Mig, and JD.

There were 5 of them that I didn't care for:
    Wil, Heather, Suzie, Heather and Jessica (although I did love that she jammed with the band).

okay....look for the cowboy hat people....I am beside him
    JLuvs, you're everywhere! (Lucky you)
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

I would like to say they edited the hell out of Dave's comments to Daphna, it was WAY more perverted.

No, not the guy with green hat, normal colored one. I have seen myself once so far.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I would like to say they edited the hell out of Dave's comments to Daphna, it was WAY more perverted.
    When he came out on Craig Ferguson's show tonight, the very first thing he did was ogle 3 gals in the front row. Carmen needs to keep him on a shorter leash. She's away filming a movie right now, so Dave says he's becoming quite "acquainted" with himself late at night. And sometimes in the morning.

No, not the guy with green hat, normal colored one. I have seen myself once so far.
    Yeah - green hat guy was at the side of the stage.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Jordis is only 22??? WOW! Until I saw her, I though there was no way I'd want to see INXS with a female singer. But I don't have enough of a command of current slang to describe how good she is.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

I would also like to say that we clap much longer after certain numbers....I guess they have to cut some of that out.

All of the members on INXS and Dave commented on each person...so some of that is getting trimmed down.

I really have some chubby arms
    -Bono

unce,tice,fee tinesa mady strawberieblond's Avatar
    LOVE this show......AI pales in comparison. But what's up with the voting...15 minutes after show ends here in AZ and it says the voting is closed?? And Jordis is SOOOOOO good it's amazing. Count me as one of the "a chick can't front this band" believers until I heard her last nite.
    Cake or Death?

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I missed last nights show, but after reading the comments on the board, made sure i had it recorded. I have to say that it was much better than I would have thought. I love the set - looks alot like the Mayan theater in downtown L.A.

There seemed to be a couple of people who were singing in the wrong genre for their voices:

Suzie - she has an R&B voice, she might have been able to rock a Berlin song as her voice is similar to Terri Nunn's, but not a Blondie Song.

Mig - a really good performance, but I heard broadway sneaking out a couple of times.

Deanna - It was Wynonna sings the Clash, really well, but not rock and roll.

Wil- absolutely the worst, didn't connect beyond the first row, again apparently, and sang Jesus Jones like a boy band minus the other boys.

Tara - she sang it too much like the Eagles, not a good thing.

Wil and Suzie were the worst. Jordis and JD were the best. All the others were good and deserve to go on, but Wil needs to leave.

Oh yeah, and I tried to vote, even though the show was still airing in California. It told me to come back on Tuesday to vote. Uh, that's today. What was up with that.
    Last edited by Chorita KaBoom; 07-13-2005 at 02:32 AM.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

+ Reply to Thread