+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Rock Star' doesn't roll for CBS in ratings

'Rock Star' doesn't roll for CBS in ratings

By Cynthia Littleton

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - CBS' "Rock Star: INXS" didn't exactly debut to a stadium-sized audience on Monday, a moribund night overall for the Big Four broadcast networks.

The reality series revolving around Australian rock band INXS' search for a new lead singer to replace dead frontman Michael Hutchence opened to 5.6 million viewers and 2.4 rating/7 share in the adults 18-49 demographic, according to preliminary estimates from Nielsen Media Research.

"Rock Star" came in second to the culinary star of Fox's competing summer entry, "Hell's Kitchen" (6.5 million, 3.2/9), but its numbers were moving in the right direction at the 9:30 p.m. half-hour mark, when "Rock Star's" 18-49 demo score climbed to 2.6 from a 2.2 in the first half. At the same time, "Rock Star" lost significant ground in viewers from its 8:30 p.m. lead-in, a repeat of comedy "Two and a Half Men" (7.7 million, 2.1/7).

CBS capped the night with a 10 p.m. encore of "CSI: Miami" (7.7 million, 2.5/7) that was also off its game, even by repeat standards.

ABC had little traction for the night with its combo of "The Scholar" and theatrical "Meet the Parents." The same was true for NBC's repeat lineup of "Fear Factor," "Las Vegas" and "Medium."

Thanks to "Hell's Kitchen," Fox took the night in adults 18-49 (3.0/9) while CBS ranked No. 1 in viewers (7.1 million).
    http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...TUESDAY-DC.XML

Tonight it is up against the All Star game. I don't see the ratings improving any.

Well I know it will be on in my house

I am not a sports girl though.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    Well I know it will be on in my house

I am not a sports girl though.
    Besides it is your debut tonight. I will be looking for you.

sadly enough this is not my debut....I think I have been on 15 shows now
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar
    If they want to get the ratings up I would suggest two things:
    1) More promos for the show on the TV. I saw very few ads for this show and barely knew it was coming on. I just happened to stumble across it on Monday night when I was channel surfing;
    2) Move up the time slot. In the Eastern time zone it starts at 9:30 or 10 pm. That's kind of late for a lot of people. (AI doesn't start that late.)

I hope the ratings pick up - this is a great show, so let's get the word out about Rock Star: INXS!!!

If they moved it up....they would have to edit more for content. I believe that might be one reason it is on so late.
    -Bono

It may take a week or two to find an audience. There weren't even to many Forters around last night. Where were you guys? This show cooks, has a lot of great talent & you are missing out by not being here.

I think 3 times a week is overkill. Even American Idol (which draws HUGE ratings every time it airs) isn't on 3 times a week. They would do well to cut it back to twice a week, I think.

I'll gladly watch this show 3 times a week. And will replay the good parts multiple times.

There's so much censorship these days that I'm happily surprised that this is sizzling my tv screen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast