+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 7/11 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose
    I was thinking the same thing Qboots. During concerts, the lead singer will still have to sing old INXS songs. I cannot see a woman singing them. Then again, I can't see anybody but Micheal singing INXS. It's like somebody replacing Bono or Dave Gahan (from Depeche mode). They are the essence of the band.

I really enjoyed the show. Well made, good music (so far) and no corny lines. The elimination was actually very personal. Nicely done.

So far, I'm really impressed with Jordis, Deanna and Ty. At least one Canuck managed to impress me, although Tara is not bad. I really liked the girl who's father passed away also.
    Fleetwood Mac didn't really become the Fleetwood Mac of renown until they replaced Peter Green with Christine McVee. The band changed directions & took off.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose
    I was thinking the same thing Qboots. During concerts, the lead singer will still have to sing old INXS songs. I cannot see a woman singing them. Then again, I can't see anybody but Micheal singing INXS. It's like somebody replacing Bono or Dave Gahan (from Depeche mode). They are the essence of the band.

I really enjoyed the show. Well made, good music (so far) and no corny lines. The elimination was actually very personal. Nicely done.

So far, I'm really impressed with Jordis, Deanna and Ty. At least one Canuck managed to impress me, although Tara is not bad. I really liked the girl who's father passed away also.
    i like ty and brandon, and i think neal is going to be the breakout star.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    Yes. It is killing me to be silent right now....as obviously I have two performances now to base my opinons on....or I will in less than 3 hours. I won't say as much tonight. But tomorrow I will let it fly.
    I'll be watching for you tomorrow night
    I enjoyed the show and I agreed with who was sent home, I hated that drawn out moan thingy she did
    I'm so glad I get east coast/west coast feed cuz I don't want to miss BB6 either there are getting to be too many good reality shows on and not enough time to watch them all
    "Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole" Roger Caras

Well, I loved the show. The guys are hot (I'll let Unk judge the girls). Ty is my new TV boyfriend.

I think Dana leaving was the right choice.

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantine
    I'll be watching for you tomorrow night
    I enjoyed the show and I agreed with who was sent home, I hated that drawn out moan thingy she did
    I'm so glad I get east coast/west coast feed cuz I don't want to miss BB6 either there are getting to be too many good reality shows on and not enough time to watch them all
    Yes! I have to cut some out of my line-up, but this one will definitely stay on. I loved it.

I don't think I will be watching the other two nights, though, just the performances.

wow! there is a lot of talent in this group of contestants. I really loved this show (mostly because the singers have real talent), and I loved INXS. I don't see anything wrong with them trying to find a lead singer. Micheal has been gone for a long time, and the band has a right to move on. This is going to be a New INXS, and no one is going to replace Michael. Ever.

I can totally see a girl taking this competition, but then again Neal, and 2 other guys (can't remember their names right now) were pretty awesome too. That girl with the long blond hair that was let go tonight was terrible. Her long yell/shriek/whatever that was/ was embarrasing.

Ugh..I wish I could remember the contestants name, but I guess that will take time. anyway, that guy that was on the bottom 3 sure looked like he was spazzing out on stage. If he tones down those theatrics, he can be a contender. I thought he had a pretty good voice, too.

I loved the youngest contestant that went on the stage. She was awesome. I was nodding my head when Dave Navarro said something to the effect of "we've got our singer. stop the competition."

Looking forward to tomorrow's episode.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Coincidentally, paul anka is on Letterman's repeat tonight doing Smells Like Teen Spirit

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    Other than....look for the dude with the cowboy hat. I am the girl dancing beside/behind him.
    now I'm gonna have to watch

can't wait to hear your on set commentary !

FORT Fan
    Well, I have to say dh and I both loved it. Some of them sang songs that aren't my taste, but overall I'm a rock chick and I thought it was enjoyable.

We were commenting how different it is from AI. On AI they were all so nervous going in front of the crowd, but these guys as a whole had it pretty together on that front.

We're certainly enjoying not hearing Whitney Houston and Stevie Wonder every other song! lol

I'm hooked and will be in for the long haul ...

The first singer was awesome!

I think half of them were pretty decent but i really liked the first woman who sang. She looked really genuine and had a great voice.

Any one else think it's funny the chickie who was trying to psyche out the raspy voice guy was so busy pumping up the crowd she forgot her lyrics? Ha, ha! Methinks the chickie needs to spend more time worrying about her own bad self.

I am looking forward to this show but THREE nights a week? During the summer? And always on at a different time? Come on peeps!

Hopefully i will remember to tape it!

+ Reply to Thread