+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 7/11 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    Ty is my new TV boyfriend.
    I'd fight ya for that one astro! Ty is really interesting and has such a great presence about him. Although, if you insist and I lose the battle can I just adopt Dave Navarro then? I have a major crush on him anyways.

I had a feeling that I was going to dig this show and it totally met my expectations It is a bit hard to think of Michael being "replaced", but time has gone by and it's not like the band really wanted him to be gone, but he is, and they need to be able to continue with what they've worked so hard over the years for. I love the fact that they're so open in the selection process and aren't specifically looking for another male lead singer cause a couple of the gals in the group (Jordis, who really surprised me especially) were really good and interesting to watch on stage.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    I can't really say anything at this point because my opinions are convoluted by what I have already seen and what you all will tomorrow.

My favs are still the same as are the people that I don't like.

One more day of being silent and speaking cryptically to go
    When were the performances filmed that you went to?

I had to tape the show, but I really enjoyed it and will continue watching! Now I have something to fill the space between Avg Joe and Blowout

I thought a lot of them were really good. The best ones last night (IMHO, of course) were Jordis, Ty, and Daphna (that one who did Janis Joplin was also really good, but I forgot her name!). I thought Mig made a terrible song choice - I love that song (takes me back to my HS days ) but I really disliked his performance of it. I'm also curious to see if J.D. improves - he sounded good, he just weirded out with his moves/hair pulling.

No one can replace Micheal Hutchence, but hopefully they can find someone that will do their songs justice!!

Ace
    Quote Originally Posted by DetGuy
    I can get up there and do Smells Like Teen Spirit and the audience would cheer along with me. Has more to do with the song than the singer.
    Exactly.

Ace
    Quote Originally Posted by iam1039
    Looks like Mark Burnett, the master of the cheesy reality show dismissal catchphrase, came up empty here. What about:

"What you need...is to leave."

"You've been KICKed out."

Ace
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfuhippie
    How about:
    "Dream on white boy
    Dream on black girl
    And wake up to a brand new day
    To find your dreams have washed away!"

Well.. I didn't expect to like this show at all. I thought it would be a cheesy (er) version of AI. I was so wrong!! I flipped the channel during Jordis's performance and I was hooked!
    These are people with real raw talent being allowed to be themselves in a natural atmosphere. I thoroughly enjoyed the show and I can't wait for tonight.
    I especially like that everyone is grown up and experienced. I must say that AI has taken a back seat for me after seeing this show.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Regular
    Anybody know how long they're going to make us wait to hear the contestants sing some INXS tunes?

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    When were the performances filmed that you went to?
    Sunday
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Beefy
    Anybody know how long they're going to make us wait to hear the contestants sing some INXS tunes?
    Next week.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread