+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 7/11 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey
    This was surprisingly a very good show. I liked so many of them that I cannot choose yet. I did agree the gal that went home wasn't the best, but the one who missed her lines could have been cut too for all I care.

Loved the show tonight. I liked how they showed the judges deliberating. The viewers get a peek into the selection process, something you don't see on AI (though on CanIdol, you do). The performance segment was awesome. One performer after another with no interruption (other then commericals, of course). I'm sure the presentation will be different next episode where the audience will be voting, but that segment was a great rush, another thing you won't see on other talent shows. I thought the mansion scenes were what they were. Big Brother meets Idol. Meh. The blues girl singing about her dad was cheese, but she does seem genuine. Navarro's been good so far, even providing criticism. Burke is nice eye candy and hasn't annoyed so far. I'm in anticipation for tomorrow's show.
    Coincidentally, paul anka is on Letterman's repeat tonight doing Smells Like Teen Spirit
    I'm watching it right now. It's hilarious. Way better than Mig's performance.
    Last edited by happyblue; 07-12-2005 at 12:33 AM.

I had high hopes for this show as it has the Mark Burnett brand, and I thought it was pretty good. I may get hooked on it...The one thing that surprised me was that despite his outlandish facial hair, Navarro was very normal, professional and helpful. The guys in the band had very thoughtful ,intelligent comments, and make Randy, Simon and Paula look pretty much like they know nothing.

I can't really say anything at this point because my opinions are convoluted by what I have already seen and what you all will tomorrow.

My favs are still the same as are the people that I don't like.

One more day of being silent and speaking cryptically to go
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fan
    This may be a stupid question but shouldn't these people be singing some INXS songs, or will that come later? It just makes sense to me but maybe that will happen when the field is narrowed down. Anyway, I did like this first episode. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iam1039
    Looks like Mark Burnett, the master of the cheesy reality show dismissal catchphrase, came up empty here. What about:

"What you need...is to leave."

"You've been KICKed out."

I could think of many more, but the groans from FORTERS might register on the Richter scale here.
    How about:
    "Dream on white boy
    Dream on black girl
    And wake up to a brand new day
    To find your dreams have washed away!"

Quote Originally Posted by paulvons
    This may be a stupid question but shouldn't these people be singing some INXS songs, or will that come later? It just makes sense to me but maybe that will happen when the field is narrowed down. Anyway, I did like this first episode. Thanks
    If you go to www.ocatv.com, which is where you get tickets for the show. You can see that next week it says what they will be singing
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Nice to see the anti-AI. Don't get me wrong, I love to see the delusional misfits early on taking headers for their lack of talent. After that it is just love ballad after ballad and other pop-crap. That guy from the last AI doesn't compare to most of the men from this comp. He was hardly a true rocker...

But, it is nice hearing real music done by more proffessional singers. It's all about having an edge.

It's sensei time! Masai & Pygmie's Avatar
    AI with lots of booze in the house! I like this mature version. Can you feel the luv amongst the contestants? - looks pretty genuine in the post trial session waiting for the elimination. Haven't seen the antics, but there's fourteen left!
    "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." -- Henry David Thoreau

FORT Newbie
    I'm real excited for this show. I've been a fan of INXS for a long time and I still listen to them quite often. I'm greatful to have seen them live (March '93) in Ottawa, Canada. I bought the DVD of their Wembley performance last year, great DVD to have. I can't tell you how many people called me after hearing the news that Micheal had passed away, as all my friends knew how much I liked the band.

Anyhow, I love the show, well I'm biased, but still I love the idea of finding a new frontman for the band through this process. I'm set on buying their CD when it comes out and catching their show if they tour Canada. As for the contestants, I'm feeling the same way as some on here, I don't really see a woman being the lead for INXS, but I could easily change my mind. So, after yesterday's show, I think J.D., Brandon or Will would make a great fit. Eventhough J.D. messed up big time with his antics, I feel he'll tone it down. He's got a great voice and his "look" goes with the band. Same thing with Brandon, I think he'd do well as the lead.

My only question is "When are they going to sing INXS songs???" They probably don't want to make the show not only about the band, but only their music.

+ Reply to Thread