+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ty

Ty

TY
    Hometown: Las Vegas, NV (originally from Montclair, NJ)

Ty was born and raised in Montclair, New Jersey. The youngest of four siblings, Ty grew up singing in a Baptist church until the seventh grade when a friend introduced him to the band The Clash. Inspired, he combined his soulful church music with the raw, kinetic energy of his new found love…rock!

Ty was on the honor roll at his performing arts high school. He received a full scholarship from Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh where he was an awarded graduate with a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in drama and music.

Ty was signed to Elektra Records with the band Dakota Moon for six years and had two Top 10 hits in countries all over the world, including the United States. After leaving Dakota Moon, he produced and performed his solo project in clubs all around Los Angeles. He most recently performed in the Las Vegas show "We Will Rock You," which includes the music from Queen.

He has toured with Eric Clapton, Macy Gray, Tina Turner and Fiona Apple. He has performed on Broadway in "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat," "Grease," "Songs for a New World" and "The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber Concert." He also wrote, arranged and produced the acclaimed children's CD I'm Ready. He has also performed in countless national commercials, voiceovers and jingles.

Ty also plays guitar and paints modern abstracts. His birth date is January 5, 1969.

I'm diggin the hair! Anybody sportin' a mohawk like that gets my attention from the get go....only time will tell though.

ooh, a Clash inspired background. could be good!

A southern gospel/British punk mix sounds very promising. This guy could be pretty good.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

FORT Newbie
    I Loved Ty!

Right before he hit the stage, I was hoping he didn't fall into the stereotype and sing what people would think he would. But, he did "Cult of Personality" anyway... Don't get me wrong, he did a decent job and has a lot of stage presence, but when someone can guess the song you are going to do, you got to widen your taste. Hopefully he will prove me wrong, as I do like him, but hopefully he will handle a wider spectrum of material as well.

I really like him & thought performance wise he was the best of the night. But, I have to disagree with some of you & say "Get rid of the Roosterhawk"

Ty's probably got the best voice in the competition but his look just screams poser. He'll be one of the better entertainers in the weeks to come. But he won't win. He's not real enough.

FORT Fogey
    Of the guys he's the one I would put at the front of the pack right now.

It seemed to me that the energy level in the audience rose when he came on to the stage, before he even sang or anything. That kind of stage presence is a rare gift.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast