+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ty

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres
    If you look at her bio, it states that her father is Polynesian, not black.
    My bad...but she isn't white, nor is Mig.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres
    I was sad when I listened to Ty because I knew he was right, and I'm even sadder reading posts from people who take him to task for it. Only when we are willing and able to admit that these problems do exist will we be able to do anything about them.
    Racism exists, I don't think anyone is denying that, but why blame being booted after making it to the final six on color? He got further than most.

Article about who Ty thinks could win

Aussie Ayesa 'lacks the INXS appeal'
    10:25 AEST Fri Sep 2 2005
    AAP

Rock Star: INXS evictee Ty Taylor says Australian contestant Mig Ayesa lacks the goods to replace Michael Hutchence as the band's lead singer.

And the New Jersey-born singer says he was ousted from the competition because of the colour of his skin, rather than his singing ability.

"I don't think Mig's voice is really right for INXS' music," Taylor told AAP.

"His voice is amazing and he and I have a lot of history together, I just don't think he is the right person for the job."

Original INXS band members Kirk Pengilly, Tim Farriss, Jon Farriss, Andrew Farriss and Garry Beers are judging the competition with the ultimate goal of finding a replacement singer for the late frontman Michael Hutchence.

Thousands of hopefuls auditioned around the world for a chance to take on the role with the final 15 moving into a Hollywood mansion in July.

advertisement
    Rock Star: INXS features taped reality segments focusing on the performers' relationships and activities, along with a performance and weekly elimination.

Taylor's eviction leaves five contestants to battle for the ultimate prize and Australian Mig Ayesa continues to be a favourite.

"I pray that Marty (Casey) or Suzie (McNeil) will win because I feel like they both have the right amount of rock and soul in them," Taylor said.

"They are both worldly enough in their sophistication to handle the job."

INXS had a string of worldwide hits in the late 1980s and early '90s, including What You Need, Need You Tonight, Devil Inside, Suicide Blonde and New Sensation.

Hutchence was found dead at the Ritz Carlton Double Bay in Sydney in 1997, aged 37.

Since then, the band has worked with a number of singers including US soul artist Terence Trent D'Arby and New Zealander Jon Stevens, but has failed to recapture their earlier success.

After being told of his eviction from the show, Taylor said his ousting had more to do with the colour of his skin than his vocal ability.

"It hurts me a little that as a people that I belong to, that we're not appreciated enough in rock 'n roll that could put out the performances that I put out and wind up in the bottom three for this many weeks," he said.

"Because I know what I did, and so that hurts me, and I can't pretend that I don't know why it is."

Hosted by musician Dave Navarro, Rock Star: INXS airs on US channel CBS and Fox8 in Australia.

İAAP 2005

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=59773
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Nothing worse than a bitter actor/musician who didn't get the part they didn't want.

Sigh.

Don't make it a race issue, if they didn't want an African-American, they wouldn't have even put him through. No one person is 100% of any race, we all are conglomerates of multi-ethnicities and it is human frailty that we must think "my skin is this color so I must be this (insert culture)".

Ty always had an attitude problem, much like that of JD. JD is cocky and arrogant. Ty is arrogant and cocky, but every time he comes up there he is chastizes the viewers saying "you better vote for me.." kind of speech.

If Ty wants to seriously make it in this industry (same goes for JD), lose the ego/attitude. One must be so humble that they do not bite the hand that is about to feed them nor burn any bridges. The entertainment industry is VERY small, and his whole tantrum will not make him go far.

Why is he upset anyway? He made it down the final 6....that's darn good. Maybe he should realize his fans didn't vote for him more than the band has race phobia.

FORT Fan
    Considering Ty was told he wasn't right for the band, he's probably not the right person to say who is. Thanks

FORT Fan
    ty was never in a million years going to be the lead singer of inxs...no more than barry mantilow would be the lead singer of the temptaions...political correctness, this is all this ever was and ty knew it, thats why he played the race card, to get even.

giz
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymes4u
    ty was never in a million years going to be the lead singer of inxs...no more than barry mantilow would be the lead singer of the temptaions...political correctness, this is all this ever was and ty knew it, thats why he played the race card, to get even.
    If that was true, why have they had Terence Trent D'Arby fronting them? The band apparently does not have an issue with skin colour.

FORT Fan
    humm ...and that didnt work out to well or they wouldnt be looking for a lead singer.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I liked Ty's parting words to INXS...

I liked Ty a lot. I think he's amazing for the theater and is a very, very good showman. Like most of the other contestants (from Suzie, to Wil, to Jessica, to Deeana, to Jordis), I don't think he's right for INXS though--not because of his skin color, but because of the type of singing he seems to most be comfortable with.

I remember enjoying his performances (though again, they weren't stylistically right for INXS) and then being surprised that INXS reacted rather indifferently to him.

Regarding all the comments about Ty calling the public out for not voting for him 'cause he's black (that's what I got from it anyhow), I actually found it refreshing to hear one of the departing contestants say something other than something glowing. You're basically being told you're not liked, so your feelings are going to be a little raw and hurt. I'd rather hear something like what he said than what the contestants have been saying when they were kicked off (thank you so much, what a great opportunity, bla bla bla) when they probably want to say something like, "F off you has beens. I hope you never sell another record again." Not that they necessarily mean it, but because they're disappointed they didn't win this contest.

That said, I do think he got less votes 'cause he doesn't have that high Q quotient like MiG or J.D.
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 09-02-2005 at 08:03 PM.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I've just downloaded songs from the band "Dakota Moon" and I have to say-I'm liking these songs...as I've said before, irregardless if Ty didn't make it as the lead singer of OB:INXS, I would still pay money to go see him perform. He's a entertainer and I would enjoy his show. I don't care if he's black, white, polka dot, gay, straight, bi-sexual....makes no difference to me....he's a helluva entertainer!
    Bring us a show here in 'Bama Ty......I'll be there!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread