+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ty

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    I'm with y'all about his ditching the mohawk. I can't see him in INXS with his hair like that!
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

FORT Newbie
    ty just screams posuer to me.he's got a great voice and should be contacted should INXS the musical review ever come to broadway. but rockstar? no, in fact, hell no.

FORT Regular
    Actually, that is a picture of Angelo Moore of Fishbone.

Striking resemblance, eh?
    (I guess all them black dudes with mohawks look alike )

I am accustomed to the mohawk now. I don't really look at it when I watch Ty. It's just part of him.

He sure is a feelings-type of person though, isn't he? I'm starting to wonder about him...

FORT Fogey
    I thought his version of "Proud Mary" was outrageously good -- and I couldn't picture any of the other wannabees doing such a good job with it. He put so much energy into it! It was really really good, and I've heard that song sung tons of times by a variety of people. That was one knock-out performance!

I second the Ty's tongue issue!

Quote Originally Posted by boxhill
    I love Ty's singing, but I wish he would cool it with the tongue thing. That gives me the creeps.
    He really needs to keep his tongue in his mouth. And the faces he makes......ugh horrible! I agree with the other post as well (about him being a total poser). I feel like he thinks he has already won.....Lord help us! ChimChim

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by gracie727
    I thought his version of "Proud Mary" was outrageously good -- and I couldn't picture any of the other wannabees doing such a good job with it. He put so much energy into it! It was really really good, and I've heard that song sung tons of times by a variety of people. That was one knock-out performance!
    I thinks he's hands down the best vocalist and performer.

I thought he was the best vocalist, until he sang the INXS song last Wednesday. It made my throat hurt. Now I get the most-talented vocalist award to Suzie. Ty was just too tenor for me (or for INXS, IMO).

I still like Ty and wish I knew him.!!

Ty getting rid of his mohawk to satisfy the status quo, is just as bad as him having one and others pointing fingers because it seems poseur'ish. Either way, its a lose/lose situation. I think he should continue being true to himself, and not worry about what other's think.

Ty is extremely talented, and I'm sorry to have seen him in the bottom 3 this week. I felt so bad seeing that he was almost in tears when his name was announced. I thought he did a great job with the INXS song this week. Ty is not my favorite, but I certainly respect (and cannot deny) his talent!

LKH
    Ty has the best voice of the lot. But he deserves the criticism that his performances are a bit theatrical. Actually, I'd love to see him get something on Broadway. I don't see him as a fit for INXS. And yes, please keep the tongue in the mouth. Almost as bad as Jessica singing all the time with her hand in her crotch.

L

+ Reply to Thread