+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ty

I thought he gave the hands down best performance of the night with No Woman No Cry last night.

I think he should get the encore for the results show.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I thought he gave the hands down best performance of the night with No Woman No Cry last night.

I think he should get the encore for the results show.
    I agree and yes he did get the encore.

He is sooooo good.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

giz
    Urgh. I just read his blog, and he says that singing Marley lifted him "to the sky" he's "used to hanging out in". Ooh, that comes off as way conceited. Is there another way to take that?

I've just read the rest of his blog. The guy is a major hippie. It's funny with all the writing about peace and love (maybe he should be the one to do the Costello cover we've all been yearning for ), that he looks so darn annoyed so much of the time. (Mind you, so do I, it's just the way my face settles, so I shouldn't be picking on Ty).
    Last edited by giz; 08-15-2005 at 04:32 PM.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by giz
    Urgh. I just read his blog, and he says that singing Marley lifted him "to the sky" he's "used to hanging out in". Ooh, that comes off as way conceited. Is there another way to take that?
    Without seeing it in context, I'd take it as he was depressed for a while (after being in the bottom 3) and singing that song made him feel better. I definitely wouldn't read it as "I dropped down with the mere mortals briefly, but now I'm back up to god status".

giz
    You're probably right. The other people in the house sure seem to like him (he's funny!). It read strangely though, but given that everyone's so fond of him, he's obviously not egotistical.

FORT Fanatic
    I love Ty's singing, but I wish he would cool it with the tongue thing. That gives me the creeps.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    I went back and watched all of Ty's performances and I don't think he's too theatrical at all. The man can sing and he can rock and his performance style, while maybe a bit much for an intimate venue, would play well in a large setting. I agree about the tongue thing, though. I can do without that.

FORT Fogey
    I like Ty's singing A LOT! But I think the Mohawk really needs to go if he's serious about fronting INXS. It's really distracting!

If he isn't serious about singing with them, well, he's got a great voice and I'm sure he'll do well at whatever he ends up doing.

FORT Regular

Ty Taylor or Angelo Moore?

Yeah, he needs to get rid of that mohawk. Its so yesterday.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

+ Reply to Thread