+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ty

Wow, I call him the top performer of the evening, hands down! Spot on.

Ty is incredible! Another bang on performance.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    This guy does nothing for me. I totally agree with AJane and happyblue about being a poser. That's just the vibe I get.

I can see what some people have been saying about how his mannerisms seem staged, even last night to a certain degree. But I guess it doesn't bother me. I enjoy watching him.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

I firmly believe that everyone's mannerisms are staged. After all, they ALL have spent the whole planning out and practicing their 90-second performance. You can only practice 90 seconds for so long before it "officially" becomes a "rehearsal".

The people who get on stage and pretend that their song delivery is unscripted are actually the ones doing the most acting (i.e. faking). We all know they have ALL rehearsed.

Anyway, if I'm paying good money to see something, I would rather see it planned out well and delivered well. I don't like things that look "thrown together at the last minute".

From a girl who is attracted almost solely to blond men, I feel strangely compelled to say one fangirly thing about Ty -- I noticed during the close-ups last night that his face is absolutely beautiful and perfect. The camera loves him. And when he told me that "Everybody hurts", I believed him

His voice gives me chills. I just cant help it. When he hits certain notes, I think "Damn, hes good."

Ty had never heard "Everlong" by the Foo Fighters? Where has he been, under a rock?

He can probably pull it off, if he listens to it and doesn't try to change it much...

Didnt like Ty's performance last night. Not one bit. And I have always voted for him BUT not last night!

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGirl
    His voice gives me chills. I just cant help it. When he hits certain notes, I think "Damn, hes good."
    Yeah--I saw this for the first time last night. Ty was....incredible.

I was expect ing a lot of lame guys like Brandon and JD. Marty and Ty are the Real Deal.

For me, he is very professional - too professional. he sings well, but I don't get the feeling he is moved by the music. He seems emotionless, or if he shows emotion, it feels like he is putting it on. Which is funny, because when he gets criticized by the band, you can see he has a hard time hiding what he is feeling. He's a good singer with a strong voice, but he doesn't do much for me.
    meh...

+ Reply to Thread