+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ty

Guess I'm the lone voice of dissention here...this guy does nothing for me. He's not a great singer and I have to agree with the poser comment from happyblue.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I'm also losing interest in Ty. He just over enunciates every word, as does Mig. May be from their theater experience.

He is still top three on the mens' side, but he shouldn't be their next singer IMO.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RushVB
    I'm also losing interest in Ty. He just over enunciates every word, as does Mig. May be from their theater experience.

He is still top three on the mens' side, but he shouldn't be their next singer IMO.

I don't know. Aside from Lenny Kravits, I cant imagine a black rocker in the making. He could probably rap better.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by CelicaDude25
    I don't know. Aside from Lenny Kravits, I cant imagine a black rocker in the making. He could probably rap better.
    I rarely post here, but...

...wow.

That was, uh, pretty racist.

You do know that rock and roll came from blues, and it was Chuck Berry -- a black man -- who added the guitar sound that we now know as signature 'rock'? In fact, rock was originally so strongly identified with black men like Chuck Berry that Elvis Presley was an anomaly -- a white kid trying to 'sound black.'

There've been plenty of black rock artists -- from Hendrix to Kravitz to Corey Glover (of Living Colour, who Ty covered in the first episode) to George Clinton to Prince to Pharrell Williams and I could go on with other artists you might not have heard of (but that makes them no less relevant). Rock isn't gender-specific, age-specific, sexual-preference-specific, and it certainly isn't race-specific.

I mean, everybody's entitled to his or her opinion and all, but to say that someone "could probably rap better" just because of the color of his skin when you've never heard him rap would be just as offensive as saying that Jordis and Daphna should stick to Britney Spears bubble-gum pop because that's all girls are good at.

Tay

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tbeckett
    He was the lead singer of Dakota Moon. I have their cd. I LOVED them. If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll get you a copy of the cd.

Is he really? wow, "Promise I Made To You" is one of my favorite songs and its from Dakota Moon.

Ty rocks on stage, but to hear him speak, he seems a little feminine. Definitely not the rapper type. He reminds of the lead singer of the band Living Color- you know, "Culture Personality"?
    Go Tigers!

Ty's character appeals to me, for some reason. I like his energy, his effort, and his big smiley personality. I like a positive man! And I'm not attracted to him so I'm not being fangirly, but he does have some big enviable muscles!

How do you think his hairdo will impact INXS's decision about him? Do you think if INXS didn't like his hair, they would tell him to change it, or would they eliminate him for it? And, does Ty ever do anything different with his hair?

I like the personality his hair shows, but I still can't help feeling it's more punk (Devo-ish) than rock.

And I still think he looks too healthy to be a rockstar. That many muscles intimidates other guys. Guys are fans of rock bands whose members look sick or ugly. (uhoh was that out loud?)

Quote Originally Posted by Tayven
    I rarely post here, but...

...wow.

That was, uh, pretty racist.

You do know that rock and roll came from blues, and it was Chuck Berry -- a black man -- who added the guitar sound that we now know as signature 'rock'? In fact, rock was originally so strongly identified with black men like Chuck Berry that Elvis Presley was an anomaly -- a white kid trying to 'sound black.'

There've been plenty of black rock artists -- from Hendrix to Kravitz to Corey Glover (of Living Colour, who Ty covered in the first episode) to George Clinton to Prince to Pharrell Williams and I could go on with other artists you might not have heard of (but that makes them no less relevant). Rock isn't gender-specific, age-specific, sexual-preference-specific, and it certainly isn't race-specific.

I mean, everybody's entitled to his or her opinion and all, but to say that someone "could probably rap better" just because of the color of his skin when you've never heard him rap would be just as offensive as saying that Jordis and Daphna should stick to Britney Spears bubble-gum pop because that's all girls are good at.

Tay
    A million times
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Surprisingly emotional guy with a big heart hiding behind that silly hair do.
    I think INXS hit the nail on the head, they want to see something real out of him. I'd like to see less showmanship and more down to earth side on stage.

Good voice, fun energy, I just dont see him with INXS?
    Support the FORT - Go Green

I thought his voice sounded amazing on the little bit of Everybody Hurts that we got ot hear last night.

I'm really pleased he's going for a slower song this week, it'll give him the opportunity to show some depth and another side of his ability as a performer.
    I've loved all his performances so far, but INXS seemed to be looking for him to switch things up a little and this song choice would appear to be a great opportunity for him to do that.

+ Reply to Thread