+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Suzie

I was checking this thread to see if there were any thoughts on Suzie's performance of Bohemian Rhapsody, perhaps they are in the show thread. I was wondering if anyone felt that HER individual performance was anything special. Although I like Suzie and have enjoyed other performances of hers, I was not impressed with the BH performance. The success was due more to the "sum of its parts" with the House Band (who are awesome!) and the addition of the horns, strings, and choir, and the obvious difficulty of the song.

It was like a "Ty" performance: a great show but the individual performance quality of the singer is debatable. She can hit the notes, her appreciation of the mood of the song is much better than Jordis', but for me something just wasn't there. I would be interested in others' thoughts on this, especially those who have experience in the technical aspects of singing.

I am glad to see her succeed and not be in the bottom 3. I just am not convinced that such high praise, and the encore, was warranted.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel
    I was checking this thread to see if there were any thoughts on Suzie's performance of Bohemian Rhapsody, perhaps they are in the show thread. I was wondering if anyone felt that HER individual performance was anything special. Although I like Suzie and have enjoyed other performances of hers, I was not impressed with the BH performance. The success was due more to the "sum of its parts" with the House Band (who are awesome!) and the addition of the horns, strings, and choir, and the obvious difficulty of the song.

It was like a "Ty" performance: a great show but the individual performance quality of the singer is debatable. She can hit the notes, her appreciation of the mood of the song is much better than Jordis', but for me something just wasn't there. I would be interested in others' thoughts on this, especially those who have experience in the technical aspects of singing.

I am glad to see her succeed and not be in the bottom 3. I just am not convinced that such high praise, and the encore, was warranted.
    I thought she did a good job, but not a tremendous job. It just wasn't special for me, and I like Suzie a lot. I would have chosen Marty for the encore without a doubt.

I don't think Suzie did anything last night to hurt her chances of winning this thing. Both of her vocals were great & her original was one of the better songs of the night. I feels as though OB really likes her & she is may be the one they have their sights set on.

I agree
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

OMG!!! Did anyone see the video of Suzie and MiG wrestling on the lawn of the mansion!!? I just about peed my pants ! Apparantly Suzie likes to wrestle(!) and she gets MiG to...who whups her ass. JD and Marty are watching with JD shouting encouragement to Suzie. It automatically comes on after watching Jordis's exit video on the rockstar site.
    Out. for. a. walk... Bitch.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blue eyes
    OMG!!! Did anyone see the video of Suzie and MiG wrestling on the lawn of the mansion!!? I just about peed my pants ! Apparantly Suzie likes to wrestle(!) and she gets MiG to...who whups her ass. JD and Marty are watching with JD shouting encouragement to Suzie. It automatically comes on after watching Jordis's exit video on the rockstar site.
    Thanks so much for the heads up. It was hysterical! I loved it when Suzie starts screaming out the lyrics to "Never Tear Us Apart" while she's grappling with MiG! It looked like they were having a blast. And she got to feel him up. (Or vice versa.)

I'll have to watch that

Previously I had been wondering if she and JD were getting together, after the toe drinking and the way they were intertwined on the bed talking to the other two at the end of Sunday's show......

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by sugargoose
    Previously I had been wondering if she and JD were getting together, after the toe drinking and the way they were intertwined on the bed talking to the other two at the end of Sunday's show......
    from what entertainment weekly said (my wife's entertainment weekly, not mine, never mine, it just happened to be in the bathroom, i swear it) that suzie has been hanging out with hank azaria

Quote Originally Posted by Spite Brigade
    from what entertainment weekly said (my wife's entertainment weekly, not mine, never mine, it just happened to be in the bathroom, i swear it) that suzie has been hanging out with hank azaria
    That's Awesome! I always sort of liked him but after watching HUFF on Showtime last year I liked him more.

Quote Originally Posted by Spite Brigade
    Suzie & Hank hanging out in the bathroom? Is he a male groupie?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast