+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Suzie

The difference was three weeks of INXS saying that they couldn't believe that Suzie was in the bottom three. Also, three weeks of people watching saying they could believe Suzie was in the bottom three. So people who normally didn't vote for Suzie, this week did.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

LKH
    She has got GREAT pitch, and I love her smile, but I don't see her as a great fit for the band. These are all older rocker guys, and a 20-something cutie up front would just kind of make them look like old dinosaurs playing backup. Not the way I think they'd want to go.

L

FORT Fanatic
    Suzie has completely won me over...not necessarily as the next singer of Our Band:INXS but as really good performer. Her pitch has been great the past 3 or 4 weeks. Killer smile. Great personality.

Picked a really tough song in Bohemian Rhapsody though. Marty states that Freddie Mercury has a feminine voice...totally disagree. Mercury had massive range...his songs are so tough to sing. Ask JD if they are easy. Combine that with it being a really long song and you could lose steam before the end.

Good luck Suzie and remember...Canadian Girls Kick A$$!

Vote For Suzie

We need to VOTE for Suzie tonight to help keep her out of the bottom 3. She is one of my favorites!!

FORT Newbie
    I've watched all season and have been pleasantly surprised to see how Suzie's been truly kickin' it the past month. I think this thing is between Suzie and Marty. When Marty reigns it in a bit he's a different singer (in a good way). But I like Suzie's approach and seems to understand the type of singer INXS is looking for. Either she undertands or just naturally fits.

Suzie for me is the one that should win this thing. From a rough start until now she has shown the most growth & her style just seems to be more of a fit than any of the others.

Suzie doesn't seem to be too popular, but I think she's one of the best singers. Her vocals are awesome, and I've started liking her after the 2 or 3rd performance. She's fun too, but I think she's lacking something...maybe sex appeal.....I don't know.
    Still, I'm hoping she makes it to the final 2.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    Suzie for me is the one that should win this thing. From a rough start until now she has shown the most growth & her style just seems to be more of a fit than any of the others.

I'm beginning to feel that way too. She reminds me of a younger Stevie Nix. (Nicks?) She's impressive - and a good front person without upstaging anyone. I like her.

FORT Newbie
    I knew that Suzie had a real shot of winning from the moment she sang Never Tear Us Apart on one of the early elimination shows. I even predicted this on another Rock Star INXS forum and one person actually used the term "soccer mom" to describe the way she looked. Some people.

Anyway, the final three will be Suzie, MiG, and Marty with either Suzie or MiG winning. I am convinced that Suzie and Mig will be able to sing anything thrown at them. If INXS is willing to except a female singer then Suzie will win. If not then MiG will win. Neither would be a bad choice.

I think the reason Suzie was in the bottom three so much is because her song choices just weren't popular enough to get the votes. She performed them all well, but if a good singer sings a song that everyone likes and a great singer sings a song that fewer people like, the great singer won't get as many votes and that's what happened to Suzie.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    She certainly has a big job ahead of her. She definitely NAILED Never Tear us Apart. That was probably close to or actually was my favorite part of this entire show. She's gained a lot of confidence and if INXS decided to go with a female, it will surely be her. But I don't think they will. She sure is impressive, tho. Wow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast