+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Suzie

FORT Fanatic
    Need to bump Suzie's board!!

She has been improving and has now passed up a number of other people in my opinion!

FORT Newbie
    I bet Suzie makes the final 3 with Mig and Marty. She will actually do pretty well and I think she will turn it up a notch in the style department when the INXS songs start for everyone (which I assume will happen at some point).

Personally, I think Suzie's got what it takes to make it to the top 5, if not top 3 BUT, the only way that's going to happen is if people VOTE for Suzie. She's hasn't done well when it comes to getting votes. I guess that's the down-side of "reality-tv".

I see Suzie as one of if not the last one standing. I think Our Band INXS really likes her, believes she has the vocal ability they are looking for, & may want to go with a female if for no reason than to avoid the Hutchense comparisons.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    I see Suzie as one of if not the last one standing. I think Our Band INXS really likes her, believes she has the vocal ability they are looking for, & may want to go with a female if for no reason than to avoid the Hutchense comparisons.
    Actually, it may be better to go with a female lead than male, in order to fit Hutchins' songs better. Hutchins had a high tenor, which allowed him to hit the high notes effortlessly. This is easier done by women than men. Interestingly, I'm seeing that the female singers are struggling with low tones (particularly Jessica), and male singers (like Marty) are struggling with high tones. Ty and Jordis are the most comfortable at most tones, though you can say that Ty has a little too much vibrato in his voice. Suzie is technically quite good, and JD is most creative. Mig is a little bit of everything, but not extremely good at anything. There is nothing like a perfect singer - well maybe Jordis is close.

FORT Newbie
    Watching all the performers is like watching figure skating or gymnastics. You want to root for them but you're fearing that "ouch" moment when they attempt a complex jump and land on their rear. Everyone's voice has either cracked or been way out of tune. Except for Suzie. She's been able to hit all her notes, or at least come close. It's refreshing to watch her. You can actually sit back and enjoy her performance without having the anticipation of something embarassing coming out of her.

She's clearly the singer's singer. But RBN:INXS has stated mulitple times that they're not necessarily looking for the best singer. It's doubtful she will make the band, but hopefully producers will take note of her superior voice and sign her to a deal.

FORT Fanatic
    So glad to see Suzie at the top last night!! I missed the encore performance, but caught the end... I hope her new found fans continue to vote for her!!

I have been a Suzie supporter from the git go & hope she does well in the future. She seems to have more versatility than most & certainly more vocal range than any of the others. My concern for her is why does she continue to end up bottom 3? This week aside. I don't think OB INXS has figured that out either.

I'm a HUGE Suzie McNeil fan and I was so glad that she got the encore last night, she definately deserved it.

On another note, I created a Suzie community on LiveJournal. If anyone is interested click here

Despite her being a Canadian I was not really impressed by Suzie until the last few weeks. I really expected to hate her version when I heard that she was rearranging Losing My Religion, but I loved her version. I was shocked when she landed in the bottom 3 after that performance.
    This week I was glad to see that she was given the encore. It seemed ironic that she was the only one that was never in the bottom 3. I don't know what the difference was between this week and others in which she did land in the bottom 3. But I was happy for her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast