+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: MiG

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    I agree that Marty has more energy....hence why I would rather see him as a solo act or his own band.

That is why I think MiG would be a great fit for INXS....not to wild, has a bit of originality, great voice and would blend in with the group well.
    Hopefully this will propel Marty's band, the Lovehammers, into the national spotlight and a (oh NO !!! corporate slim) record deal.He has been in that band (started it) since he was 14. Yeah, Marty is too good for them

I guess we'll have to see how they fair with the INXS stuff. I want to see Marty's dark version of Mystify Me

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    Each week I love Mig more and more. He's the reason I'm still watching this show.

Quote Originally Posted by jjj5
    I agree no way he is filipino, at least not all, possible he has some filipino blood. Many filipinos also have varying degrees of Spanish blood, from just a touch to 100%. Also because of the Austraila connection he may have mostly austrailian blooded.
    Not to be picky, but you can't really be Australian-blooded unless you are an Aborigine. Much like the United States, Australia is a country that is made up of immigrants. MiG is obviously half-Filipino, one of his parents is Filipino and the other is of some other Caucasian decent.

I will post this again:

Both of Mig's parents are Filipino mestizos (of spanish descent). His mother is from a very respectable family and Miggy is the absolute spitting image of his father.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

giz
    Thanks JLuvs. I've always wondered about that phrase "respectable family". This usually means rich, right. It's always made me feel uncomfortable, because doesn't it imply that those of us from working-class background are not respectable. Kind of irks me,that phrase. Nit-picking over, what do the MiG fans think of his duet of the INXS song that was on the radio? I haven't heard it yet.

FORT Fan
    ive always thought respectable family meant, hardworking, honest, communitity oriented people, i dont think it means rich to everyone..

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    Thanks JLuvs. I've always wondered about that phrase "respectable family". This usually means rich, right. It's always made me feel uncomfortable, because doesn't it imply that those of us from working-class background are not respectable. Kind of irks me,that phrase. Nit-picking over, what do the MiG fans think of his duet of the INXS song that was on the radio? I haven't heard it yet.
    The MiG fans love it. I have been gone and haven't heard it yet. So I will give my opinion on it tomorrow if I wake up.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by giz
    Nit-picking over, what do the MiG fans think of his duet of the INXS song that was on the radio? I haven't heard it yet.
    Well in a nutshell MiG sounded like MiG so if you like his singing in general you'll like his Mystify rendition.

For a more long-winded analysis:

I think J.D.'s version is better overall but it's hard to compare the two directly. J.D.'s had more instruments playing (MiG and Jordis just had two guitars) and in his mix his vocals aren't as pronounced so his missed notes don't sound as bad (his first verse was shaky pitch-wise) and he was doing his full on Michael impersonation so I thought he captured the spirit of Michael's vocals better, though the sound impersonation could be considered bad thing by some. In contrast MiG and Jordis sounded like, well, MiG and Jordis. J.D. also didn't have to sing together with anybody like MiG and Jordis had to do -- even in his "duet" with Suzie on Never Tear Us Apart they never actually sung any lines together.

As for MiG specifically I thought he sounded pretty good except for usual tendency to "over pronounce" certain words (a la the way he sang "city" Steve Perry-style on Baby I Love Your Way), his tendency to leave off the trailing "t" sound on some of the words, and his occasional out-of-tuneness.

Just a note on the MiG duet...MiG is definitely the stronger voice on the "tune". Jordis is terrible.
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Duet? On radio?? Can someone PM me a link or something on it? I missed this completely.
    ~*~ Maji *~

+ Reply to Thread