+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: MiG

FORT Regular
    I love to see Mig win. I got discouraged when Dave or INXS gave JD positive comments for his composed song even if he didn't follow rules. If they pick JD their excuse will be well his bad boy persona fits being in a rock band. I can't picture Mig being "bad" if that's what they want because he seems naturally nice. I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope he wins.

giz
    Oh, I can't see them picking someone because they're difficult. Conversely they may feel MiG is a little too easy going for a rock-band, but I do think being nice has got to get him further along.

I was floored by MiG last night.
    I've enjoyed all his performances, but last night was the performance of the night for me.
    I hope he gets the encore tonight.

If MiG doesn't get the encore tonight.....oh you just don't want to know my reaction.

Simone, his wife, is going to bawl when she finally gets to see in on Sunday.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    I think there's a lot of spanish influence in there. A close friend is married to a fillipino. My sister's neighbors are fillipino and Mig looks nothing like any of them. So while I'm sure he has fillipino blood, I think the spanish influence is a lot stronger in him.

Well there are quite a bit of spanish families in the philippines because of the colonization. I'm a filipino but i'm about 85% spanish. So Mig would have very strong spanish blood since he came from a spanish family. But we are all still considered filipinos.

FORT Regular
    here is an article that Mig's cousin wrote in Philippine Daily Inquirer

http://news.inq7.net/entertainment/i...story_id=47334

Enjoy!!!

So "Mig" is short for Miguel! That solves one mystery.

That's a fun article. Thanks for the link.
    Last edited by jasmar; 08-18-2005 at 01:13 PM.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

I thought MiG's encore last night was AMAZING, and I love his attitude/personality, too! I'm rooting for him all the way!
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Sorry, Aota, but I have to comment - I hated Rio! I swear, a man had to have written Jem, because that was such a horrible premise - one guy dating two women and both women being okay with it?! DUH!

Back to MiG - I like him a little better post-Frampton, but I think Marty has more energy and will win it.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

I agree that Marty has more energy....hence why I would rather see him as a solo act or his own band.

That is why I think MiG would be a great fit for INXS....not to wild, has a bit of originality, great voice and would blend in with the group well.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread