+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: MiG

see the post above about MiG's Mum and Dad.

It is very safe to say he doesn't like JD much.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace
    When the band you are auditioning for is going to choose a male lead singer.
    Actually, I there's an interview with Kirk on the "official" Michael Hutchence site in which he says he like to see them pick a female in order to get someone totally unlike Michael.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by giz
    There is no way that guy is ethnically Filipino. I suppose anything is possible and he might be part Fillipino, but I doubt it. Does he look even slightly Asian to anyone?

As for the sex appeal thing, horses for courses. While MiG seems like a really nice guy, he sure doesn't do it for me. And does a frontman have to be sexy (it helps). Marty may well rock the world of some people.

Giz, it takes a Filipino (like me) to know a fellow Filipino. Mig is pure Filipino. He is from a well known clan in the Philippines. I already posted a couple of articles indicating his roots. His parents are Filipino. He was born in the Philippines but he and his family moved to Australia when he was 2 years old.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jjj5
    I agree no way he is filipino, at least not all, possible he has some filipino blood. Many filipinos also have varying degrees of Spanish blood, from just a touch to 100%. Also because of the Austraila connection he may have mostly austrailian blooded.

he doesn't have Australian blood. The reason he kinda looks white washed is because he grew up in a foreign land where the weather is not always hot which somehow makes your skin lighter. if he grew up in the Philippines, he'll be dark as hell. the environment and lifestyle he grew up in are also factors in molding him not to look like a traditional Filipino.

MRD
    I think there's a lot of spanish influence in there. A close friend is married to a fillipino. My sister's neighbors are fillipino and Mig looks nothing like any of them. So while I'm sure he has fillipino blood, I think the spanish influence is a lot stronger in him.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Regular
    You do have to go to the Philippines to know the different Filipino 'looks'. While it is obvious to me that Mig is Filipino, it's not to others who probably met just a handful. Also if you look at his photo album, there's one with his mum.

Here's something I read - it says 95% of the ethnicity is Malay, 2% Chinese, 2% Mestizo (Spanish, American, Japanese, etc).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogra...he_Philippines

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CelicaDude25
    he doesn't have Australian blood. The reason he kinda looks white washed is because he grew up in a foreign land where the weather is not always hot which somehow makes your skin lighter. if he grew up in the Philippines, he'll be dark as hell. the environment and lifestyle he grew up in are also factors in molding him not to look like a traditional Filipino.

I'm Filipino too, born and raised in the northern US - Mig looks a lot more "white washed" than me or my siblings and my mom is mestiza.

mig was awesome last night. I was so impressed, he's the one I hope wins this. I don't want a girl to win, it wouldn't be the same. (for me)

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Although I find Marty to be the better rock singer - for my tastes- , OB may opt for the better overall male singer and choose MiGoo.

None of the women have been consistantly good

giz
    Quote Originally Posted by CelicaDude25
    Thanks for that. When I said Fillipino I meant the majority Asian. I wasn't aware there was a Spanish descent minority. While I bow to your expertise - you're Fillipino, so I sure don't mean to argue with you - it's damn hot in Australia, and the colour of your skin is genetic, and Australia would provide you with enough of a tan! In my part of Canada the population is 20% South East Asian (and it rains all the time), and I gotta say, these people are not white in their skin tone. But thanks for the info cause it's always good to learn!

MiG just seems like the nicest guy, and is really talented. Even if he doesn't take the top job, he'll do really well.

+ Reply to Thread