+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: MiG

So was he born in the Philippines of Filipino parents or of Australian parents or of Filipino/Australian parents?

Quote Originally Posted by Ace
    As for Jordis, she's too young and too female.
    How can you be TOO female?
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JonasGrumby
    So was he born in the Philippines of Filipino parents or of Australian parents or of Filipino/Australian parents?
    My understanding is his parents are Filipino, he was born in the Philippines, but the entire family moved to Australia where he grew up and then lately moved to London.

giz
    There is no way that guy is ethnically Filipino. I suppose anything is possible and he might be part Fillipino, but I doubt it. Does he look even slightly Asian to anyone?

As for the sex appeal thing, horses for courses. While MiG seems like a really nice guy, he sure doesn't do it for me. And does a frontman have to be sexy (it helps). Marty may well rock the world of some people.

giz, He def. looks Asian to me. Almost bi-racial. I picked up on it the first time I laid eyes on him.

FORT Regular
    I agree no way he is filipino, at least not all, possible he has some filipino blood. Many filipinos also have varying degrees of Spanish blood, from just a touch to 100%. Also because of the Austraila connection he may have mostly austrailian blooded.

Ace
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGirl
    How can you be TOO female?
    When the band you are auditioning for is going to choose a male lead singer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace
    When the band you are auditioning for is going to choose a male lead singer.
    Ohhhhh, that kind of TOO female!!!

Well I am talking to a friend of MiG's right now. His Mum is Filipino and he was born in the Phillipines. They moved to Australia when he was very little and he has been in London for quite awhile now.

Okay I stole this from MiG's official fan site, with their approval:

Both of Mig's parents are Filipino mestizos (of spanish descent). His mother is from a very respectable family and Miggy is the absolute spitting image of his father.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

giz
    I was looking at MiG's blog and boy, he really does not like J.D. I was a little confused by what he said about Lola. First he said it wasn't even in his top 5, and then he said it "was a coup getting it" because it's a British song, and he wanted to send a message to his wife and friends. Now I can imagine what he's going through (oh yes I can, my husband was in London during a horrible IRA bombing campaign while I was here, as well as me being in the U.K. during a number of bombing, including - but not restricted to - trying to get out of Heathrow while the IRA lobbed bombs at it from a portable rocket-launcher), but it still came across a little funny. Maybe he meant in retrospect it was a coup?

Also in the photos on the blog, his mum is obviously of European extraction (or at least predominantly).

+ Reply to Thread