+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: MiG

Were any of the other previous Michael Hutchence fill-ins from Australia?

One thing that I think was a surprise to the band was how much they became attached to multiple contestants. I suspect they didn't necessarily forsee that happening.

Perhaps that's why they sprung this idea on 'em in the second-to-last show, about doing a tour.

From what Mark Burnett let me see, the band truly seems to be a bunch of genuinely nice guys. Genuinely! Exactly like Mig. ... Which is probably one big reason why Mig didn't get chosen. I think the band really really really misses the spark that Michael brought them, his edginess, his daring sexuality. So I think when they looked at MiG, they felt none of that spark. They just saw the-guy-next-door, the MaryAnn of the rock world. Which would've been fine except they're truly looking for the Ginger of the rock world.

I don't think it was an issue of seeking "bad guy" instead of "good guy"... Rather, I think they just are a group of guys who are drawn to a certain kind of spark, and MiG was just a clone of them, which would've been boring (to them).

Aren't we often intrigued by people who have distinctively different qualities than us?

And anyway, MiG hasn't lived in Australia for years (has he?), and it doesn't sound like he has any intention of going back there to live, so I'm not clear on why 90% of Australian voters would back him so strongly. Maybe I don't understand allegiance enough.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    Were any of the other previous Michael Hutchence fill-ins from Australia?

From what Mark Burnett let me see, the band truly seems to be a bunch of genuinely nice guys. Genuinely! Exactly like Mig. ... Which is probably one big reason why Mig didn't get chosen. I think the band really really really misses the spark that Michael brought them, his edginess, his daring sexuality. So I think when they looked at MiG, they felt none of that spark. They just saw the-guy-next-door, the MaryAnn of the rock world. Which would've been fine except they're truly looking for the Ginger of the rock world.
    I don't know. I only have one INXS cd so I wouldn't be the person to ask. I think MiG had and has all of that spark they just chose to edit it out and that is my one problem with the show. MiG is not just that super sweet guy, he has an edge to him and the editing really did him and injustice in that department.

Aren't we often intrigued by people who have distinctively different qualities than us?
    I am normally attracted to people that are quite similar to me, but I could be the exception to that rule.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

And anyway, MiG hasn't lived in Australia for years (has he?), and it doesn't sound like he has any intention of going back there to live, so I'm not clear on why 90% of Australian voters would back him so strongly. Maybe I don't understand allegiance enough.
    Mig has said that he would like very much to go back to Australia and live there with Simone. He was in broadway shows in Australia in 2001 --- just looked it up. That was when he was in Grease. So it is not that long since he has been home.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Re: Mig going back to Australia, oh I didn't know that. I thought he was gonna go back to Europe if nothing pans out in LA for him.

Re: Opposites attracting, that always holds true for me. But then again, it never pans out in the long run, so I don't know if it's good that opposites attract.

Re: Mig being edgy, I guess I'll have to take your word for it. He seemed too together, too perfectly nice to be edgy. Honestly, he's the only one of those guys I'd probably trust.

Hey JLuvs, you weren't one of those ladies that was throwing their bum knickers at him, were you? I thank Mig for giving me a fun new term to use.

Re: Mig being edgy, I guess I'll have to take your word for it. He seemed too together, too perfectly nice to be edgy. Honestly, he's the only one of those guys I'd probably trust.
    I trust edgy people more than I trust people who are too nice. MiG would laugh at people thinking he was perfectly nice. In fact I told him that people were saying that about him at the CD taping and he a had a good chuckle about it.

Hey JLuvs, you weren't one of those ladies that was throwing their bum knickers at him, were you? I thank Mig for giving me a fun new term to use.
    No. I didn't ever do that. The closest I got to MiG was when he was shirtless and held my hand singing Lola at the CD taping. I was usless after that happened.

Re: Mig going back to Australia - I am sure that he will go back to all the places that he use to live, but he did say he wanted to eventually settle down there.
    -Bono

Here are a couple of MiG, Marty, JD pictures that I really love.

If any MiG fans here are interested in participating in a MiG fan book that he will actually recieve drop me a PM and I will let you know what is going on.
    -Bono

Oh, I loooove the 2nd picture, particularly! All three of them look GREAT!
    Thanks, JLuvs!

OMG! Mig is HAWT! Jluvs, please let us know where we can see him or hear about him in the future. Is he planning on recording a solo album?
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy
    OMG! Mig is HAWT! Jluvs, please let us know where we can see him or hear about him in the future. Is he planning on recording a solo album?
    I don't know MiG, so I wouldn't be the best person to ask. I have not a clue what he is doing.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread