+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: MiG

His comments on that article was so out of character for MiG. His fans are proud of him and glad he can now do his own thing and not be a 'puppet' for INXS, but let down by INXS and the RockStar show nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner
    His comments on that article was so out of character for MiG. His fans are proud of him and glad he can now do his own thing and not be a 'puppet' for INXS, but let down by INXS and the RockStar show nonetheless.
    Well I was not let down by Rockstar and INXS and I am a huge fan of MiG. The interview doesn't shock me either as I am have seen plenty on interviews where he has spoken his mind, in fact I have never known him to do anything other than that. I would be shocked if he did otherwise.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by perennialprince
    don't be sad Lois Lane . . . . Mig has a bright future ahead of him . . . I'm sure you'll be first in line when his CD hits the stores . . . maybe we'll finally get to hear that song he wrote with Andrew . . . he was my favorite, too, and although I'm sad he didn't win . . . I feel in the long run it will be best for him . . . now, let's hope his career soars!
    Thanks PerennialPrincess (I saw your tag at the end of your email)...You're right! He's going to have a great career! I'll look forward to his CDs, tours...and hopefully he'll do more films! I think his face is made to be filmed...

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    As much as I love MiG, I don't think he was too good for INXS. I just think he was not the style of person that they wanted to join their band. There is nothing wrong with that either from the way I look at it.
    There is a ring of truth in that article. Too good could also mean 'good boy image'. The moral of the show, be a bad guy and you can end up a winner. How sad !

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    Well I don't know. Most of the fans of Mig that I know are actually really happy with what MiG has already got planned for the future. I don't think there is really any reason to be bitter. I just think MiG was answering the questions to the best of his ability.
    MiG has the right to be 'bitter'. It was obvious INXS wanted a 'bad boy'. They are middle age men trying to re-live their past 'rockstar' image through a 'bad boy'.

That picture of Mig that accompanied the article makes me sad. He looked so lost and dejected. I can't get my weekly fix of Mig now When I read he was cut on the spoiler site MigCentral, I was sick and couldn't bear to watch the finale

JLuvs, always love your comments on the show even when I was lurkng. Thanks. Keep us posted on MiG !

giz
    Well I think MiG is very talented, but I also think if INXS had chosen him they would have been A) accused of going for the home boy and B) being too poppy. So they couldn't win really. If they'd chosen Marty they would likely have been accused of trying to be someone they aren't and choosing him to appeal to the larger American audience. Rock and a hard place. Someone was always going to second guess their choice. They chose what felt right to them, and wouldn't have done that without putting a lot of thought into it. I hope MiG is a little more careful with the press in his next interview, cause it's never good to be too honest with the media as it can come out wrong (and I think this sounded a little sour grapes versus disappointed. Marty, on the other hand came out smelling very sweet). Part of MiG's appeal is, he's Mr. Nice Guy, and he's got to guard that image carefully.

Meh...MiG doesn't have to be Mr. Nice guy for me to like him. As long as he is true to himself that is all I ask and he has always been that way.

I don't think that MiG had to be a bad guy to win --- he just had to be the right one. At least three weeks ago to me it was apparent that he wasn't right for the group and JD was.

As far as I am concered honesty is the way to go and I glad he was that way in the interview. I didn't view it as being bitter at all.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Agreed ! He should speak his mind and the fans will respect him for doing that.

MiG on David Letterman

Go to http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/#

Then Click on "Show Info" then "CBS Mailbag" and make your request. Mine is done!

Aussie Ayesa too 'nice' for INXS-An article

Aussie Ayesa too 'nice' for INXS
    Thursday Sep 22 15:49 AEST
    They say nice guys finish last but for Mig Ayesa, the Australian contestant on Rock Star: INXS, it was a case of the nice guy finishing third.

"Maybe I was too nice," Ayesa said from Los Angeles after missing out on becoming the new INXS lead singer.

"Rock n' roll is supposed to be dangerous and hard and I guess I was probably a bit too nice, but at the same time, that is who I am.

"If they (INXS) don't think that is the image that suits the band, then fair enough. I stuck with the rules and maybe that was in the end what did me in."

Canadian singer JD Fortune was named the new frontman of Australian rock bank INXS, beating thousands of other hopefuls to the gig.

INXS band members - Kirk Pengilly, Tim Farriss, Jon Farriss, Andrew Farriss and Garry Beers - selected the 32-year-old to lead the group, taking over from the late Michael Hutchence.

The Australians have attempted to find a replacement several times since 1997, when Hutchence took his own life in a Sydney hotel room.

The band joined forces with reality TV creator Mark Burnett earlier this year to come up with the concept of finding a new lead singer through a television show.

Auditions were held around the world with Ayesa, Fortune and Marty Casey, from the United States, the final three contenders.

INXS, with JD Fortune, now enter the studio to record an album to be released in November.

A single, Pretty Vegas, was released to radio.

"I definitely haven't given up my aspirations of being a rock star," Ayesa said.

"Hopefully I have proven myself as a rock star, just not for INXS.

"There are people who have expressed some interest so I can explore that and hopefully I will have a record or at least a contract pretty soon."

Ayesa developed a strong female following during his time on the show, particularly among older women.

Each week a group of mothers, armed with banners reading "Mums for Mig", would go the studio to get a fix of the 35-year-old singer.

"JD and Marty had these people throwing G-strings at them on stage and I had mums throwing big knickers at me.

"I think that would have played a lot on INXS' mind."

That said, Ayesa admits to playing the sexy card, often taking his shirt off to reveal cut abs and a muscly chest.

"Just because I am a nice guy, it doesn't mean I am not sexy," Ayesa said.

"I celebrate my sexuality and it is something that I exude on stage."

İAAP 2005

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=64074

giz
    That is too funny, mums throwing "big knickers", sounds very Bridget Jonesey.

+ Reply to Thread