+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: MiG

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner
    How lame ! After speaking to JD & Marty at the beginning of the final show, Dave did not even acknowledge or speak to MiG who was left waiting. MiG is too good for INXS. And so is Marty.
    MiG was not ignored. They just had to choose what parts to edit into the show. He was treated with dignity and respect and got a proper send off by everyone involved.

ETA: MiG just said this in his chat and that makes me very happy indeed -

aafarrell1 in Onstage_1 asks: Do you see Broadway in your future? It certainly would love you!
    MSNLive_Star says: (laughs) I am not against broadway or theatre. If it was a good enough offer for a great show i would seriously comtemplate it. At this time i would like to concentrate more on my recording and my music.
    Last edited by JLuvs; 09-21-2005 at 01:14 PM.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Love You MiG!!! It's okay that J.D. won, because i think that he was more 'roit' for INXS, than MiG...and Marty. MiG and Marty have different styles, but they don't fit INXS, so i think its best for them to use their talent elsewhere Hope you have a successful future MiG!!! Anyone know where he's heading off to now? I heard either LA, or the Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by krazy4kalan7
    Love You MiG!!! It's okay that J.D. won, because i think that he was more 'roit' for INXS, than MiG...and Marty. MiG and Marty have different styles, but they don't fit INXS, so i think its best for them to use their talent elsewhere Hope you have a successful future MiG!!! Anyone know where he's heading off to now? I heard either LA, or the Philippines
    He said he is going to be in LA for awhile while he looks at the offers he recieves and see what pans out and that eventually he hopes to return to London.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I liked MiG and not for that fact that he was from Philippines as I am too, but I really liked his type of style and how I sung. I wish that he'd win but I know there is something in store for the future.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Sad tonight...

Who knew I'd feel a little sad tonight? Normally tonight would've been elimination night...

Sigh. Anyhow, I can't get the melody out of my head of the song MiG wrote with Andrew. I'd really like to hear the full song and will definitely buy his CD (DVD?) when he releases one.

You know, MiG's been accused of being too theatrical and sounding too "pop" rather than rock. But the thing is, I like all kinds of music for all different reasons. I like the Sex Pistols, but I also like some 'N Sync. I love Iggy Pop. But I also like a couple songs by, yes, Richard Marx ("Hazard" is brilliant). When I was a little girl, my sister listened to Olivia Newton-John and Elvis and played classical violin, my brother listened to the Beatles and the Stones and played the drums, and my parents listened to Johnny Cash and Dolly Parton and folk music (and my dad could play any instrument he picked up). I appreciated it all.

To me, there's room for MiG's voice and songs in my eclectic musical palate where I like his showmanship, his kinda nasaly voice (his words) and his exuberant stage demeanor. I could imagine going to see Gwen Stefani one night, the Killers the next and buy tickets to see MiG perform later that weekend.

I am looking forward to what he will come up with next. I have a feeling that disappointment aside, he will use this very public forum of having been on international TV all these weeks and springboard himself into an even more successful career.

p.s. I think the song he wrote was hopeful because I have a feeling it was about his wife...

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    Who knew I'd feel a little sad tonight? Normally tonight would've been elimination night...

Sigh. Anyhow, I can't get the melody out of my head of the song MiG wrote with Andrew. I'd really like to hear the full song and will definitely buy his CD (DVD?) when he releases one.

You know, MiG's been accused of being too theatrical and sounding too "pop" rather than rock. But the thing is, I like all kinds of music for all different reasons. I like the Sex Pistols, but I also like some 'N Sync. I love Iggy Pop. But I also like a couple songs by, yes, Richard Marx ("Hazard" is brilliant). When I was a little girl, my sister listened to Olivia Newton-John and Elvis and played classical violin, my brother listened to the Beatles and the Stones and played the drums, and my parents listened to Johnny Cash and Dolly Parton and folk music (and my dad could play any instrument he picked up). I appreciated it all.

To me, there's room for MiG's voice and songs in my eclectic musical palate where I like his showmanship, his kinda nasaly voice (his words) and his exuberant stage demeanor. I could imagine going to see Gwen Stefani one night, the Killers the next and buy tickets to see MiG perform later that weekend.

I am looking forward to what he will come up with next. I have a feeling that disappointment aside, he will use this very public forum of having been on international TV all these weeks and springboard himself into an even more successful career.

p.s. I think the song he wrote was hopeful because I have a feeling it was about his wife...
    don't be sad Lois Lane . . . . Mig has a bright future ahead of him . . . I'm sure you'll be first in line when his CD hits the stores . . . maybe we'll finally get to hear that song he wrote with Andrew . . . he was my favorite, too, and although I'm sad he didn't win . . . I feel in the long run it will be best for him . . . now, let's hope his career soars!
    it's really perennialprincess, there just wasn't enough space to fit it all in!

Mig's too good for INXS-An article

Mig too good for INXS

September 23, 2005

MIG Ayesa, Australia's only contender in the competition to reclaim the lead role in INXS, yesterday vowed to return to rock 'n' roll, saying it was only his lack of a bad boy image that kept him from claiming Michael Hutchence's former role.

Ayesa, who made it to the top three in the reality TV audition show, said INXS's new lead singer JD Fortune was selected for his destructive streak something Ayesa said was not his style.

"I think they were looking for a bad boy which was something they made very clear," he said.

"Everything that JD did that was a bit unfair or a bit risque or a bit 'dude, that's really out of line', INXS said, 'That's fantastic'.

"Every time I thought he would be pulled up he was congratulated."

Ayesa said that bad boy image could "definitely" backfire on the rock band as JD could be a difficult man to live with, but he also wished INXS well with their upcoming tour and album.

The Philippines-born perennially nice guy, whom host Dave Navaro labelled "a born entertainer", was arguably the most popular rocker with the viewing public.

Ayesa was the only contestant to make it through all but one elimination round by viewer votes something he plans to capitalise on in future.

While he came to the show after successful stints in stage musicals, including the Queen musical We Will Rock You, his future plans are solely on the concert stage.

"I will be a rock star all my life," he said.

"I only did theatre to support my rock star habit recording, hiring musicians and paying for equipment."

Ayesa and many of the other 14 Rockstar: INXS contestants are likely to find work in the music industry quickly, with the show hailed a worldwide success.

The Rockstar: INXS final was the most watched program on Australian pay-TV on Wednesday with almost 500,000 viewers.

http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/st...001025,00.html

As much as I love MiG, I don't think he was too good for INXS. I just think he was not the style of person that they wanted to join their band. There is nothing wrong with that either from the way I look at it.
    -Bono

MiG seems a little 'bitter', justifiably so in my opinion !
    Most of his fans feel the same way.....let down !
    Last edited by OriginalSinner; 09-22-2005 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner
    MiG seems a little 'bitter', justifiably so in my opinion !
    Most of his fans feel the same way.....let down !
    Well I don't know. Most of the fans of Mig that I know are actually really happy with what MiG has already got planned for the future. I don't think there is really any reason to be bitter. I just think MiG was answering the questions to the best of his ability.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread