+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: MiG

Lois, it's a deal! You know, it's sad. If JD wins I'll be happy and excited, but at the same time I'll feel sad for the other two and their fans. Man, I'm such a sap!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    Did the remaining 3 get instructions to write a song about sorrow? I didn't hear that in the instructions but our cable went in and out during part of the program.
    Not that they showed us. They couldn't have issued those instructions, or Mig wouldn't've entered with a love song.

I think it wasn't until Andrew heard Mig's song that he felt it was too much love. Andrew told Mig to darken it up, and Andrew also told the camera afterwards that Mig was sometimes not dark enough (or words to that effect, I don't remember the exact words).

Hey I just realized that if Andrew is such a terrific song-writer, the band wouldn't be struggling so much without Michael. And Andrew said in some interview I read here that they're seeking someone who'll argue with them about lyrics like Michael did. So if all that's true, then maybe these 3 contestants shouldn't have gone in there and "revered" everything that Andrew told them to change about their lyrics. Maybe they were all too easy-going.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    Lois, it's a deal! You know, it's sad. If JD wins I'll be happy and excited, but at the same time I'll feel sad for the other two and their fans. Man, I'm such a sap!
    You're not the only one, sweetpea. Whoever wins, two of them will lose, and that will be hard to see.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

ROCK STAR vs. AMERICAN IDOL

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    Hey I just realized that if Andrew is such a terrific song-writer, the band wouldn't be struggling so much without Michael. And Andrew said in some interview I read here that they're seeking someone who'll argue with them about lyrics like Michael did. So if all that's true, then maybe these 3 contestants shouldn't have gone in there and "revered" everything that Andrew told them to change about their lyrics. Maybe they were all too easy-going.
    Fireflyer, great points! I actually thought that Terence Trent D'Arby had the magnetic charm and sexiness and vocals and talent to be a good frontman for INXS, but that may've just been too many egos in one room.

Hey, is your avatar Constatine? I don't watch AI but I've seen his picture in the gossip rags...It's hard to tell 'cause his face is in his hair.

A lot of you seem to be AI fans as well on here. I guess my question is, how do the Rock Star singers compare to AI contestants?

A lot of you seem to be AI fans as well on here. I guess my question is, how do the Rock Star singers compare to AI contestants?
    The new season of Australian Idol just started here, down to 10 singers this week. I can't bear to watch it anymore, too amateurish. And then they start singing in group with cheesy choreographed moves. No more Idols for me after RockStar. Btw, they show American Idol on television here as well.

I have watched only a little of AI (I usually cannot get into the songs they sing and the annoying judges), but aside from that I feel these contestants in RockStar INXS are more of the whole package, and are aspiring to be musicians and songwriters as well as performers. I've always thought of American Idol as American Karaoke, which maybe isn't fair to some of the performers on AI. I don't know, maybe Clay Aiken can/wants to write songs, but they never really made that a part of the competition (come to think of it, maybe Clay didn't even win ...) Anyway I think the Rockers win hands down over AI contestants as a group. I think the three individuals left and some of the recently departed (Suzie and Ty) are much more talented. Kelly Clarkson from AI obviously has some talent, but I missed the latest AI season. Other more diehard AI fans probably have more insights.

Anyway, back to thread topic, my husband and I just listened to Peter Frampton's Baby I Love Your Way (on vinyl no less) after seeing Mig's performance again. Mig really did well on that song - we liked it better than Frampton's take. I kind of forgot how he really nailed that song and impressed INXS and got the encore. He may very well win this thing...I really have no idea who will win it all, but I like certain aspects of all three guys.

Hey, is your avatar Constatine?...
    ...I guess my question is, how do the Rock Star singers compare to AI contestants?
    Yep, Constantine the Greek God, ha ha I had a pretty big crush on Constantine. I hope I never get wrapped up that much in a show again. That was painful!

No doubt about it, Rockstar blows AI completely out of the water. There is a whole thread about it on this Rockstar forum, and I think everyone agreed.

The ONLY element in which I think AI was superior was that AI didn't encourage drama among the contestants, while Burnett made absolutely certain it would happen and took every opportunity to paint people in a bad light on Rockstar. So, I liked that AI didn't air personalities.

I would've given my left butt to see Constantine competing on Rockstar!

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner
    The new season of Australian Idol just started here, down to 10 singers this week. I can't bear to watch it anymore, too amateurish. And then they start singing in group with cheesy choreographed moves. No more Idols for me after RockStar. Btw, they show American Idol on television here as well.
    The worst moment for me this season was the group rendition of the new INXS song (the name escapes me...). Thankfully they only did that once. Maybe I wasn't the only one to feel that way? To add insult to injury, Marty got gypped out of the second encore that episode.

The other part that I didn't like was the pysche-out garbage during elimination shows (another AI staple).

This show is so much better than AI. If RS somehow comes back, stick to what it does best: rock and roll, baby!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadog
    The worst moment for me this season was the group rendition of the new INXS song (the name escapes me...).

"Us." Blach! Yuck! Hated it, too!

Maybe it would've sounded better with just one singer...maybe not!

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner
    Canadian Idol just finished. Canadian Idol 2 had a really strong group with very different styles so it compared to RS to some extent. CI2 was the only one of this type of show that actually succeeded in doing good group numbers Canadian Railroad Trilogy with everyone playing a different instrument was great. CI3 was total drivel.

When I watch the Idol shows I say I'm looking for someone who knows what the lyrics mean. In RS they all know what they're singing and what they're supposed to be conveying. Some are better than others but I never get the impression that they're clueless on the meaning of the song. AI might have prettier voices with more range but stage presence is rare.

And the Idols sometimes screw up because the band backing them screws up. With the exception of the choir, the band always helped rather than hindered.

+ Reply to Thread