+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: MiG

OS, of course that doesn't make you pathetic! Like I said above, I admire your passion for the MiGster! I don't have a can-do attitude, of course I want JD to win. I'm just saying I respect other people's opinions about the show and their favorite, and I won't be heartbroken if JD doesn't win on Tuesday.

I have twin girls who are just entering kindergarden. Once you become a Mom you understand the "fire" inside, only now it is mostly directed at protecting my children. I think JD rocks, but I save my true passion for the things that are real to me. That's just me, of course. I love my crazy boy but I'm not going to freak out if he doesn't win. That's all I am saying. It's all good. I'm sure we will all congratulate the winner and will be sincerely happy for him and for his fans.

I totally understand you. You know, your crazy boy has a good chance to win. I grant him that and wish him well. Btw, what's OS ?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    If a favorite doesn't get chosen, I'm sure there won't be mass anarchy or rioting in the streets.
    Speak for yourself Sweetpea. I'm going to be rioting in the streets tipping cows, um, I mean cars over and lighting things on fire!

Obviously, JUST KIDDING!

Siryn, glad to hear Elektra will be back in a week or so!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    OS, of course that doesn't make you pathetic! Like I said above, I admire your passion for the MiGster! I don't have a can-do attitude, of course I want JD to win. I'm just saying I respect other people's opinions about the show and their favorite, and I won't be heartbroken if JD doesn't win on Tuesday.

I have twin girls who are just entering kindergarden. Once you become a Mom you understand the "fire" inside, only now it is mostly directed at protecting my children. I think JD rocks, but I save my true passion for the things that are real to me. That's just me, of course. I love my crazy boy but I'm not going to freak out if he doesn't win. That's all I am saying. It's all good. I'm sure we will all congratulate the winner and will be sincerely happy for him and for his fans.
    Funny how passion can change over time. Life comes in phases. In my teens and twenties music and friends were my passion. I lived for weekends to go out and dance, listen to music have fun, stay up all night.

Then I got married and my passion changed to making a life with my husband.
    Then our daughter came along and that passion changed to what Sweetpea says: the fire becomes the fierce need to protect our children. That and you get to stay up all night again and are less prepared for it now than you were when you were 20. LOL!

I still love music. I have loved watching RS:INXS. JD is definetly my favorite. But my passion is still rooted in my family. Everything else falls in line behind that. If JD doesn't win, it wouldn't be the end of my world. Something happening to my family would be the end to my world. So looked at in that light. This is just a tv show and in teh grand scheme of things is a very, small part of my life. An interesting part. But a small part. I will be sorry to have it end on Tues. It's been fun. But live continues to move on. And I'm sure my focus and passions and hates and likes will also continue to change.

I'm 43. I look at things SO differently than I did when I was 23. In a way I wish I still had that innocent idealism from back then. I feel older and more jaded. But no way would I go back to being 23. I think I also look at things from more than one side now. Before things were always black and white. Now I see things in shades of gray. So if INXS picks Mig or Marty, it will be a disappointment, but not as much a disappointment as who lost the last presidential election. To me, things like that figure into life more importantly than this. Politicians impact my daily life. INXS does not.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Hmmm....now I know what to look forward to. At the moment, RockStar is my passion & MiG my main man

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    Speak for yourself Sweetpea. I'm going to be rioting in the streets tipping cows, um, I mean cars over and lighting things on fire!

Obviously, JUST KIDDING!
    We should start a riot, for MiG's sake

Myrosiedog, a big fat to every word you wrote above. I'm 40 now, and I've changed so much since I was in my early 20s. I love this show too, but I have learned to take things with a grain of salt and not get so fixated on stuff like I did when I was younger. Oh, I still have passions, but it is tempered with reality. Which is a good thing, right? Mr. Sweetpea will be happy when this thing ends, that's for sure! I have every performance JD has done on my computer, so I can bring them up and watch him any time I want. If he doesn't win, at least I'll have that!

Original Sinner, OS is just your nickname shortened. Hope you don't mind.

Oh, and Lois? Tipping cows, I mean cars? Sounds kind of fun. Let's hope it doesn't come to that though...kay?

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner
    JD rearranged some of the other numbers he sang because he couldn't sing them the way they were written, more like to suit his limited vocal range.
    I doubt that can be true. After all, what he changed on each song was the rhythm, not the melody. !!!! The 'limited vocal range' labelling is so unsubstantiated. If you can't specify what his range is, don't accuse him of being limited.

The thing that has kinda surprised me in the last 2 weeks is Mig's confidence. I'm completely not feeling Mig as a competitor, so his confidence always seems misplaced to me. However, he does keep amassing votes, so somewhere there are an awful lot of people lovin' him.

I think Mig can act like a rock star with the best of 'em. But I think it's an act, and acting doesn't get a person far in the world of rock. Poor Mig, cursed with being a good guy. He's so damn content in life, that when Andrew wanted a song about sorrow, all Mig could produce was ice cream.

Oh well, underneath it all Mig probably is living the most contented life of us all.

TeamMig

TeamMig was set up by fans of MiG to support and vote for MiG throughout the RockStar series. Check out this site for interview with some TeamMig members. Lots of information about MiG as well. Enjoy !

http://www.ez-entertainment.net/features/RSINXS_MiG.htm

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    Poor Mig, cursed with being a good guy. He's so damn content in life, that when Andrew wanted a song about sorrow, all Mig could produce was ice cream.

Oh well, underneath it all Mig probably is living the most contented life of us all.

Hey Fire, I missed that. Did the remaining 3 get instructions to write a song about sorrow? I didn't hear that in the instructions but our cable went in and out during part of the program. Like I said, I liked all 3 of their songs--all very different--the way they sang their versions, even the melody sounded different to me.

I know that Andrew in his interview wanted MiG to tap into his darker side more, but I would like to point out that many songs are misleading...Sting used to say he was amazed that people would tell him they used "Every Breath You Take" as their first song at their wedding...the beautiful sounding song is about stalking... The Beatles used to sing about wanting to see a girl dead if she cheated on him in "Run For Your Life" and the song sounded like a fun, happy little pop song.

I don't really remember the majority of INXS's songs as being particularly dark. Like Marty says, they made great dance music. I think the specter of Michael H. having killed himself gives the illusion that the band is darker than it actually was.

Also, I think that whoever wins will get a career boost. I know a lot of people think that various contestants will do better if they don't win. Regardless of how INXS does with the new singer, the winner will get visibility for a while, touring experience with a seasoned rock band and learn to work the press as well as it does the crowd. Each has his strengths and weaknesses...but after that year, I think the contest certainly won't be harmful to his career.

MiG said he gave up a successful stage career to do this show. If it doesn't work out for him and he loses on Tuesday I think he'll have offers to record a solo album. And if he gives up rock/pop, I'm also sure the theater would love to have him back in one production or another.

Does anyone know when Sunday's show was taped? And is Tuesday's show taped today and INXS has already picked the winner?

And Sweetpea, I'll promise not to tip over any cows OR cars if you don't either!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    Does anyone know when Sunday's show was taped? And is Tuesday's show taped today and INXS has already picked the winner?
    I was wondering the same thing. Especially since the guys said that it was their last dinner together and last night in the mansion.

+ Reply to Thread