+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: MiG

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    That's just your opinion. It's a fairly hot seller on MSN, and MiG's originals are nowhere to be found on the top 20 downloads. As for not being original, I have no idea how you think that MiG is any more original than either of the other guys left standing.Please don't speak for all Australians, as others have piped up and say that they hadn't particularly cared for MiG. As for JD being gifted - yeah. He's rearranged quite a few songs during this show, and even helped Suzie with one. And all of the rearrangements have been pretty hot. But it's easy to forget when you put blinders on.All of them have lots of fans who will support INXS if chosen, and will bring new fans. I'm not saying he's not good, and I've said elsewhere that I know he can rock - but he lacks a little bass in his voice. MiG has been great, but I think INXS will be better suited by either of the others. And I think you've discredited the others enough in your head and have done the exact same thing.
    Marty hot seller ? I wouldn't touch a lot of the hot sellers with a 9-inch pole. Britney Spears was a hot seller, doesn't mean she is any good, even Marty didn't think so when he covered Britney. What I meant was Marty's screaming voice is like a lot of the grunge singers out there, hence not original or special. Australians have a tradition of play fair and JD doesn't, hence the Australian expression 'fair dinkum' 'dinki di'. Whoever front INXS won't be covering other people's songs, so rearranging skills are not required there. MiG lacks a little bass ? The other rockers lack a good voice IMO. We differ in opinion, but I as a MiG's fan am only singing his praises on MiG's board. I don't go bashing other rockers @ their boards. That's the difference. OK ! You win, MiG is a lousy singer. 'Nuf said !

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner
    Marty hot seller ? I wouldn't touch a lot of the hot sellers with a 9-inch pole. Britney Spears was a hot seller, doesn't mean she is any good, even Marty didn't think so when he covered Britney. What I meant was Marty's screaming voice is like a lot of the grunge singers out there, hence not original or special. Australians have a tradition of play fair and JD doesn't, hence the Australian expression 'fair dinkum' 'dinki di'. Whoever front INXS won't be covering other people's songs, so rearranging skills are not required there. MiG lacks a little bass ? The other rockers lack a good voice IMO. We differ in opinion, but I as a MiG's fan am only singing his praises on MiG's board. I don't go bashing other rockers @ their boards. That's the difference. OK ! You win, MiG is a lousy singer. 'Nuf said !
    First thing - quit going to extremes. I never said MiG was lousy and I'm not bashing MiG. Now stop that.

Second - while INXS won't be doing covers, it means that JD may be able to influence the actual arrangement of the stuff Andrew/others write, and could do much to improve each song during the composition process. That's not a far logical leap.

None of these guys have an "original" voice if you look at it that way. Britney Spears was a hot seller for all the wrong reasons (stupidly enough, her boobs). She, at least, has an "original voice." It sucks, but it's original.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

..... and MiG's originals are nowhere to be found on the top 20 downloads
    FYI MiG has lots of international fans who I was constantly told could not download any of MiG's songs. The downloads are mostly available to Americans due to various reasons.

And MiG gave away all the good songs, being the nice guy he is, and that doesn't help. Look at Marty's songs, Killers', Radiohead's, Pink Floyd's WYWH, current charters and more marketable songs. Downloads don't mean a thing. Sorry I got carried away before, I apologise sincerely. The opinions on these boards here are skew towards the other 2 rockers and I feel a need to counter-balance that.
    Last edited by OriginalSinner; 09-18-2005 at 03:56 AM.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    He's rearranged quite a few songs during this show, and even helped Suzie with one. And all of the rearrangements have been pretty hot.
    I hate-hate-hated JD's arrangements. I thought the band would surely slam him for his reworking of "California Dreaming." It reminded me of Vanilla Ice rearranging "Ice Ice Baby" into a heavy metal tune (granted the song was his own--sort of--he did steal the best elements from Queen and David Bowie). When they praised him, I thought, "Oh boy, these geezers are older than I thought. Their ears have gone!"

Suzie's REM cover (the rearranged version) was OK but, to me, the songs sounded the best the way the original artists had arranged them.

But more importantly, what happened to your Elektra avatar? I miss it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    I hate-hate-hated JD's arrangements. I thought the band would surely slam him for his reworking of "California Dreaming." It reminded me of Vanilla Ice rearranging "Ice Ice Baby" into a heavy metal tune (granted the song was his own--sort of--he did steal the best elements from Queen and David Bowie). When they praised him, I thought, "Oh boy, these geezers are older than I thought. Their ears have gone!"

Suzie's REM cover (the rearranged version) was OK but, to me, the songs sounded the best the way the original artists had arranged them.
    Agreed, the original REM is one of my fav song of all time the way it is. So is Calif Dreaming, a classic that doesn't need any reworking. JD rearranged some of the other numbers he sang because he couldn't sing them the way they were written, more like to suit his limited vocal range.

Don't forget, the band appears to appreciate and admire JDs skills with arranging music. He arranged songs to make them a little different rather than just sing them as the original, to make himself stand out, and to showcase his musical talents.

If the band had any kind of serious misgivings of JDs ability to fit in with INXS I think he would have been long gone by now. They have had plently of opportunities to get rid of him, but they haven't. That tells me they seriously consider him roit for our band...

JD may be many things to many people, but talentless he is not. People can talk about his range, his mannerisms, his voice, his personality, etc...if the band finds him right, he's right. If not, he's not. It's not the end of the world!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    ...if the band finds him right, he's right. If not, he's not. It's not the end of the world!
    That's where we differ. TeamMiG doesn't want anyone else to lead INXS, either MiG or no one else. We are very passionate about our idol and INXS, it's not just another show for us. On a lighter note, here is something I found which may be amusing. It is a parody of Pretty Vegas, just for fun.

It Ainít Easy

Got Elvis in my blood again
    Thereís no time for packing
    Thought Iíd be the one in the end
    But I was found totally lacking

Hitchhiking my way to Memphis baby
    Got to get back to my roots
    Big long hairy sideburns
    And lots of cool sequined suits

It ainít easy
    Being JD
    It ainít easy when youíre cheesy and you donít even know it
    And you think youíre all that
    And your voice is just flat
    It ainít easy

I have a problem
    That I canít control
    My hand gets freaky
    When Iím on a roll

Hitchhiking my way to Memphis baby
    Wishing for a song I could sing
    Most people call me JD
    But you can call me the KING

It ainít easy
    Being JD
    It ainít easy when youíre cheesy and you donít even know it
    And you think youíre all that
    And your voice is just flat
    It ainít easy

OS, I certainly admire your dedication to your choice for the band. I hope everyone can understand that others feel equally as passionate about JD and Marty. If a favorite doesn't get chosen, I'm sure there won't be mass anarchy or rioting in the streets. We'll all just move along to the Amazing Race, Survivor or (insert name of favorite show here).

The nice thing about FORT is you are allowed to have your own personal opinion and you don't have to worry about being ragged on for it. Other message boards allow flaming of people and here they frown on it severely, which is nice. I say let the Migsters out there hope for the best, the Mmmmmarty fans cross their fingers, and the JD fans send up a silent prayer to the skies that our crazy boy wins this thing.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    But more importantly, what happened to your Elektra avatar? I miss it!!
    hee hee. She'll be back, once the RS:I craze is over.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

Sweetpea,

You got to have a certain 'fire' in you, you fight for a man/girl, or a job. You root for yout team to win, be it basketball, soccer, football, baseball, Olympic team, etc. This is just the attitude you need to get ahead in life. Losers weepers, winners grinners. Having said that, I am a good loser. If JD wins, I would be gracious, don't get me wrong ! I would be the first to jump over your side of the fence to congratulate you. Where is the fun otherwise, treating everything lightly ? Ooh, the adrenalin you get when your side wins after a good rally. I remember you liked Boston Rob, he has the same quality. You saw that quality in him, why can't you see it in me ? Win at all cost, that's where the fun lies

Having said that, does that make me pathetic ? I hope not. Maybe when I am older, I would settle for 'can-do' attitude.
    Last edited by OriginalSinner; 09-18-2005 at 12:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread