+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 394

Thread: MiG

  1. #201
    Reality junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    44
    Posts
    86
    Yeah... it's kinda what I'm feeling...

    I can see Marty is incredibly talented but his style of music is not something I normally listen to. Every time he performs I usually comment on how well he's doing, but it's more an intellectual review as opposed to something heartfelt.

    JD - well, I've liked him from the start and for a while I felt he could be the one for INXS. I would still probably buy INXS albums with him as lead, but there's something there now that has me a bit nervous that I can't put my finger on.

    Suzie (yes, she's gone, I know) - awesome voice and heaps of potential to freshen up the back catalogue while bringing different elements to the new stuff that the guys couldn't do.

    Mig - most like INXS in terms of style, "niceness", etc. While people may say he's too nice, or too soft, and they don't want to listen to him... I would personally buy the album if he's part of the group because I would feel most comfortable about it being close to original INXS style.
    Are you a parent or teacher wanting to know more about computer and video games? Take a look at GAMEparents.

  2. #202
    FORT Fanatic OriginalSinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAndyPuppy
    Mig - most like INXS in terms of style, "niceness", etc. While people may say he's too nice, or too soft, and they don't want to listen to him... I would personally buy the album if he's part of the group because I would feel most comfortable about it being close to original INXS style.
    Well said. INXS would be silly not to pick him. Maybe Brian May would like to revive Queen. Hint ! Hint ! RockStar :Queen

    However, I have a sick feeling JD might just pip MiG past the post, Marty being the dark horse
    Last edited by OriginalSinner; 09-18-2005 at 12:07 AM.

  3. #203
    Combat Missions Fan Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas, of course!
    Posts
    7,916
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner
    MiG has lots of fans who will definitely support INXS if he is chosen. He will bring lots of new fans and admirers to the new look INXS.

    My point regarding AI is that fans vote for their favorites without thinking of the big picture, and forgetting that their favourites may not be good for INXS
    I think all 3 of the final contestants have fans that will support INXS if any of them are chosen. I personally will buy the INXS album if JD or Marty win.
    At this point, it's a matter of personal taste because all of the final 3 are talented in their own different way.

    To say that people are just voting for their favorites without thinking of INXS is just an opinion and not a fact. I think a lot of the people here have given their valid reasons (not only because they are hot!) as to why they want their favorite to win. We just need to respect that.

  4. #204
    FORT Fanatic OriginalSinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    To say that people are just voting for their favorites without thinking of INXS is just an opinion and not a fact. I think a lot of the people here have given their valid reasons (not only because they are hot!) as to why they want their favorite to win. We just need to respect that.
    I was referring to fanatic 'fans'. Believe me, I chatted to many on other boards, not people on FORT who seem more rational than most.

    (To Wolf, I am so bored. Hint : have u checked my pvt msg request ?)
    Last edited by OriginalSinner; 09-18-2005 at 12:32 AM.

  5. #205
    FORT Fanatic OriginalSinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    783

    MiG's article-Dream On, White Boys-18 Sept 2005

    Dream on, white boys
    By PAUL STEWART
    18sep05

    SAY hello to the new face of INXS.

    After a worldwide search, one of these three singers will replace the late Michael Hutchence in the Australian rock group.
    This week Sydneysider MiG Ayesa, 35, Canadian J.D. Fortune, 32, and American Marty Casey, 31, will match up for the last time in Rockstar: INXS, a reality TV show whose winner will join INXS in the studio to record the band's first album in eight years and then hit the road for a tour.

    Formed in 1977, INXS has sold more than 35 million albums and scored hits with such songs as Original Sin and Need You Tonight.

    Fifteen singers have spent the past three months living in the Rockstar mansion in Hollywood refining their stage act and rock credentials in the knockout competition.

    On Tuesday night in the US the winner of Rockstar, as chosen by INXS, will be revealed. It will be screened on Foxtel on Wednesday at 8.30pm.

    In the final program each of the contestants perform a new INXS song.

    Next morning a single featuring the new singer will be released in Australia.

    INXS lead guitarist Tim Farriss said the band's involvement with the show "has been awesome".

    "This is ground breaking -- recording an album on television and finding our new singer at the same time," he said.

    "It was a hard choice because we didn't want anyone who was subservient to the rest of the band. They had to be able to argue with us just like Michael did."

    Ayesa, who has been performing for 20 years, said:

    "I would love to keep INXS a truly Australian band."


    http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...5E2902,00.html

  6. #206
    TAR fan girl in green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Age
    59
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner
    ...people on FORT who seem more rational than most.
    Yes, that's what I like best about this site.

    As for why people vote the way they do, there are probably as many reasons as there are people who vote.

    And no matter who wins, INXS will sell more albums than they have in years because of this show. They are all winners for making it this far and their careers have been boosted.

    But I still want Mig to win. I think he's the best fit for these guys in so many ways... vocals, attitude, age, being a few of them.

  7. #207
    FORT Fogey snoopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    900
    I have two words about our Mig - SMOKIN HOT!!!
    Go Tigers!

  8. #208
    I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,921
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner
    I see your point of view but beg to differ. Marty is not very original, grant you, he got a mesmerising look when he sings and can hold your attention. But his voice is severely lacking, and his style does not blend well with INXS. Trees is a very simplistic song that kids in the nursery can learn, and the words are simply BAD, in one word. Don't care for that song.
    That's just your opinion. It's a fairly hot seller on MSN, and MiG's originals are nowhere to be found on the top 20 downloads. As for not being original, I have no idea how you think that MiG is any more original than either of the other guys left standing.
    JD is gifted ? He has achieved the least career-wise of the remaining rockers. The best compliment I can pay him is that he will do very well in Las Vegas doing Elvis impersonation after the show publicity. We get enough of the bad boy, difficult-to-work-with artistes, in the industry, I know that for a fact. They annoy the hell out of people working around them. I know Australians (lived here for most part of my life), and they don't appreciate such a person. INXS, is Australian, and would feel the same
    Please don't speak for all Australians, as others have piped up and say that they hadn't particularly cared for MiG. As for JD being gifted - yeah. He's rearranged quite a few songs during this show, and even helped Suzie with one. And all of the rearrangements have been pretty hot. But it's easy to forget when you put blinders on.
    MiG has lots of fans who will definitely support INXS if he is chosen. He will bring lots of new fans and admirers to the new look INXS. He is a stellar performer, and no one comes close. Good voice and all-round nice guy, easy on the eye as well, very entertaining and versatile. Just because he sings ballads well doesn't mean he can't rock. Try getting Marty or JD to sing Kiss from a Rose. INXS challenged him with that song and he passed with flying colours. He has heart, sing from the soul and it shows.
    All of them have lots of fans who will support INXS if chosen, and will bring new fans. I'm not saying he's not good, and I've said elsewhere that I know he can rock - but he lacks a little bass in his voice. MiG has been great, but I think INXS will be better suited by either of the others.
    My point regarding AI is that fans vote for their favorites without thinking of the big picture, and forgetting that their favourites may not be good for INXS
    And I think you've discredited the others enough in your head and have done the exact same thing.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

  9. #209
    Big Electric Cat jasmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,802
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner
    After a worldwide search, one of these three singers will replace the late Michael Hutchence in the Australian rock group.
    This week Sydneysider MiG Ayesa, 35, Canadian J.D. Fortune, 32
    JD is 32?? This is not my Mig/Marty love speaking, but I really thought he was mid-twenties. Mind blower.


    "It was a hard choice because we didn't want anyone who was subservient to the rest of the band. They had to be able to argue with us just like Michael did."
    That sounds much more like Marty or Mig than JD, judging by what we've seen over the course of the show. It seems to solidify for me that INXS probably wants a Michael personality (nice guy, hard worker, professional, charismatic) on a fresh face (that is, someone who won't be drawing constant comparisons to MH). That also sounds like Mig or Marty. JD looks and sounds an awful lot like an MH-impersonator onstage, alternating with the Elvis/Jim Morrison alter egos.
    Token Christian.

    If truth is relative, how do you know?

  10. #210
    FORT Fogey snoopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    900
    Jasmar, I agree with you, JD seems to be busy being someone else- he doesn't have his own identity yet. He keeps "being" someone else. Marty and Mig have their own thing going on consistently. If they do choose JD, however, I think he is more than capable of developing into his own style. He's just so busy trying to be who he thinks they want right now. I believe that he probably wants this more than any of the other competitors, which is why he is all over the place.
    Go Tigers!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.