+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: MiG

I have playing MiG's Painted Black over and over again and liking it each time. I can't say the same for Mick's supposedly darker version.

OS, it's actually "Paint it Black"

The Stones version is a classic, of course. My favorite Stones tune is Sympathy for the Devil. Would have been awesome to see someone tackle that song!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    OS, it's actually "Paint it Black"

The Stones version is a classic, of course. My favorite Stones tune is Sympathy for the Devil. Would have been awesome to see someone tackle that song!
    Oops, Paint it black, just sounded like he was singing Painted Black. I love Angie, only Tori Amos did justice covering it.

Yeah, Angie is one of my favorites! Must hunt up that old RS CD...thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner
    With that shirt ripping performance, does it mean that we will be seeing lots of flesh in future INXS concerts if MiG were to win ?

Did anyone notice that MiG looked so concerned and worried when he was left standing with Suzie after JD was pronounced safe ? I felt so sorry for that sweet guy, he looked like his heart might break. Watching that scene again, I realised that he truly want the job

Aww! I know! I was sitting there like holding my breath thinking please don't go, please don't go! MiG is just such a sweet guy!
    like totally freak me out i mean right on!

rooting for MiG

Quote Originally Posted by BaBySpiCe
    Aww! I know! I was sitting there like holding my breath thinking please don't go, please don't go! MiG is just such a sweet guy!
    He will win ! Or else we may not see him again, how sad. Let's start a fan club/site.

People who want JD or Marty to win don't know what is good for INXS and only want them to win for the sake of their favourite rockers and don't have INXS future in mind. They are passionate JD & Marty fans, but not passionate INXS fans. They think this is AI.

In the faint possibility MiG doesn't win, at least I hope he sings my favourite INXS song, Original Sin, in the finale. That would make the finale worthwhile. But they may not showcase this song because ppl may not think it's PC, although that's not in the meaning of the song.

I would be very sad if either of the other 2 rockers get the gig. Well ! INXS deserves that Elvis Impersonator if they pick him, and they would regret it. JD is such a mediocre singer. And so is Marty but at least I like Marty, he is not insincere.
    Last edited by OriginalSinner; 09-17-2005 at 06:42 PM.

MiG's fan site

MiG's fans may like to know. A website is being worked on. In the meantime,

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/teammigayesa/

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner
    He will win ! Or else we may not see him again, how sad. Let's start a fan club/site.

People who want JD or Marty to win don't know what is good for INXS and only want them to win for the sake of their favourite rockers and don't have INXS future in mind. They are passionate JD & Marty fans, but not passionate INXS fans. They think this is AI.

In the faint possibility MiG doesn't win, at least I hope he sings my favourite INXS song, Original Sin, in the finale. That would make the finale worthwhile. But they may not showcase this song because ppl may not think it's PC, although that's not in the meaning of the song.

I would be very sad if either of the other 2 rockers get the gig. Well ! INXS deserves that Elvis Impersonator if they pick him, and they would regret it. JD is such a mediocre singer. And so is Marty but at least I like Marty, he is not insincere.
    Wow, I respectfully disagree - Marty could benefit INXS immensely by bringing them a modern sound, which would be nicely balanced by Andrew's experience - as well as with other writers and producers, like Bono. Don't forget, Marty does like INXS and isn't totally about grunge rock.

JD - he's a different ball of wax but he loves INXS passionately and can do a lot of their back catalog really well. Plus he's pretty gifted with rearranging songs to give them a harder feel.

Both Marty and JD can take INXS to places that MiG hasn't really shown us that he can. We've only seen MiG rearrange a song once, and we're not so sure of his songwriting abilities and how they mesh with INXS.

Plus MiG needs a little more bass in his voice. He's hot but pitch is often too high, too poppish. If anything MiG is the most AI of these guys.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

Gotta sound in with my opinion, for what it's worth.

Mig has a vocal resemblance to Michael Hutchence. He's obviously the best choice vically for their catalog, which he demonstrated this week.

However, the band has said they want to go a new direction. Thus Marty or JD would seem more what they're looking for. But if they truly wanted to change directions, why use the catch phrase that, "You're not right for our band, INXS"? Not being right for the band implies the band as is.

I believe the only thing Mig has going against is his theatrical background. Whoever wins, I hope they all three get recording contracts. I mean, John Stevens released an album this summer... Come on! LOL I'd buy Mig or Marty with or without INXS attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    Wow, I respectfully disagree - Marty could benefit INXS immensely by bringing them a modern sound, which would be nicely balanced by Andrew's experience - as well as with other writers and producers, like Bono. Don't forget, Marty does like INXS and isn't totally about grunge rock.

JD - he's a different ball of wax but he loves INXS passionately and can do a lot of their back catalog really well. Plus he's pretty gifted with rearranging songs to give them a harder feel.

Both Marty and JD can take INXS to places that MiG hasn't really shown us that he can. We've only seen MiG rearrange a song once, and we're not so sure of his songwriting abilities and how they mesh with INXS.

Plus MiG needs a little more bass in his voice. He's hot but pitch is often too high, too poppish. If anything MiG is the most AI of these guys.
    I see your point of view but beg to differ. Marty is not very original, grant you, he got a mesmerising look when he sings and can hold your attention. But his voice is severely lacking, and his style does not blend well with INXS. Trees is a very simplistic song that kids in the nursery can learn, and the words are simply BAD, in one word. Don't care for that song.

JD is gifted ? He has achieved the least career-wise of the remaining rockers. The best compliment I can pay him is that he will do very well in Las Vegas doing Elvis impersonation after the show publicity. We get enough of the bad boy, difficult-to-work-with artistes, in the industry, I know that for a fact. They annoy the hell out of people working around them. I know Australians (lived here for most part of my life), and they don't appreciate such a person. INXS, is Australian, and would feel the same

MiG has lots of fans who will definitely support INXS if he is chosen. He will bring lots of new fans and admirers to the new look INXS. He is a stellar performer, and no one comes close. Good voice and all-round nice guy, easy on the eye as well, very entertaining and versatile. Just because he sings ballads well doesn't mean he can't rock. Try getting Marty or JD to sing Kiss from a Rose. INXS challenged him with that song and he passed with flying colours. He has heart, sing from the soul and it shows.

My point regarding AI is that fans vote for their favorites without thinking of the big picture, and forgetting that their favourites may not be good for INXS
    Last edited by OriginalSinner; 09-17-2005 at 10:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread