+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: MiG

Reality junkie
    [QUOTE=OriginalSinner]
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    Really? He was in Grease in Australia and lived there for a long time. I know he did some other shows there too.

I meant he is not a known name here. Nobody would know of him except those that saw him in Grease. Grease was promoted here with some well known local performers, and Mig wasn't one of them. Bet they wish they have Mig here doing the show now, after all the publicity he got from RockStar
    He's known here - just not a household name. He was in Grease and he was in the Ferals, and he's been in and out of the spotlight.

It's actually amazing how many people I bump into who either know him personally or who say things like "I knew him from xxx - and now he's doing rock? Cool"

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndyPuppy
    He's known here - just not a household name. He was in Grease and he was in the Ferals, and he's been in and out of the spotlight.

It's actually amazing how many people I bump into who either know him personally or who say things like "I knew him from xxx - and now he's doing rock? Cool"
    Oh my gosh! Yeah now that you mention it i remember him on the Ferals as the annoying neighbour . . . Joe!

Aah how freaking hilairious! I used to love that show when i was younger! LOL

Also here is a quote from Ty:

Rock Star: INXS evictee Ty Taylor says Australian contestant Mig Ayesa lacks the goods to replace Michael Hutchence as the band's lead singer.
    And the New Jersey-born singer says he was ousted from the competition because of the colour of his skin, rather than his singing ability.
    "I don't think Mig's voice is really right for INXS' music," Taylor told AAP.
    "His voice is amazing and he and I have a lot of history together, I just don't think he is the right person for the job." "I pray that Marty (Casey) or Suzie (McNeil) will win because I feel like they both have the right amount of rock and soul in them," Taylor said."They are both worldly enough in their sophistication to handle the job."
    like totally freak me out i mean right on!

How strange! What on earth is motivating Ty's comment? (because obviously something is motivating it)

Reality junkie
    I introduced a friend today to INXS Rockstar. She used to be in the entertainment industry a while back and knows a lot of the people who used to do the same crowds and competitions.

Anyhow - I had told her about MiG being the only Aussie contestant, and how good he was. I even mentioned he was with the Ferals but she didn't click until she saw him today for the first time performing and she jumped right up and almost yells, "Oh Miguel! You didn't tell me it was Miguel!"

Turns out she's someone ELSE that knows him. She said he is an awesome performer and always has been but she couldn't see him fronting INXS as it wasn't his natural style. After I made her watch the performance I had on tape (it was Live and Let Die) she toned that opinion down a bit - she said it would still be hard to accept him but mainly because she knows him from other things (she actually went and saw Grease because HE was in it).

She's an Idol fan so I asked her what she thought of the quality of the performers in general compared to Idol. Her response was "well, in general - taking Miguel out of the equation - I think they're easily as good as the finalists and probably better".

I asked her why she took MiG out of it and she said it was because she knew how good he was and so she'd be biassed with that personal knowledge.

Oh and she said he is an awesome dancer as well - have we seen him have the opportunity to really dance in a performance yet?

I tell you though - it was offputting to keep hearing her refer to him as Miguel.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    Since he was doing WWRY for two years before this show I am quite sure he has had plenty of time doing Queen related things.

What is so bad with Bohemian Rhapsody being someone's favorite song?
    JLuvs, I was mostly kidding. I like Mig actually. Sorry if it didn't seem that way.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I can imagine that MiG would be a very good dancer, dancing free style on on the dance floor with his lovely wife or friends. But that's a little different from "dancing"/fronting a rock band. Michael Hutchence wasn't a good dancer but he had a sinewy presence and kind of stalked the stage during performances.

MiG is my favorite contestant but I can see what people are saying when they say he's not right for INXS (although in my opinion, he's as right as any of the other 4 folks). When he moves on stage, I see a lot of repetitive moves that seem to be mimicking what a rock star does...It's hard for me to explain. And no, I can't move any better than him but you know what they say...those who can do...and the rest of us criticize/admire them.

There are/were some great movers in rock 'n' roll: Shirley Manson (Garbage), Gwen Stefani (No Doubt), Damon Albarn (Blur, Gorillaz), the lead singer for James (whose name I can't for the life of me remember now...) that really made live concerts a visual (as well as audio) experience. I don't think any of these contestants have it...yet. But with some touring and experience, I think MiG could work out well.

Just my 2 cents...Happy Labor Day, all!

Lah
    His voice is amazing and he and I have a lot of history together, I just don't think he is the right person for the job." "I pray that Marty (Casey) or Suzie (McNeil) will win because I feel like they both have the right amount of rock and soul in them," Taylor said."They are both worldly enough in their sophistication to handle the job."

Marty, maybe. But c'mon - Suzie McSnooze? A used kleenex is less drippy. Worldly and sophisticated are not the words that come to mind when I think of Suzie. She's more fifth-grade rock music teacher than actual rock star. What the heck was Ty smoking? (Oh, well, since this is the man with the black martyr complex...perhaps I shouldn't be surprised at the lack of perception and acumen.)

I thought Mig came up short on his encore song & I hate to say it but Brandon may have done it better. On the other hand his original was great. The lyrics & sentiment behind it were spot on. Unfortunately, I don't think he had the INXS style in mind when he wrote it. I don't see them ever doing something like that & as they told him, he needs to keep that in mind.

Reality junkie
    I think it might be MiG's turn to sing INXS tonight.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAndyPuppy
    I think it might be MiG's turn to sing INXS tonight.
    I hope so...not because I want to see him get sent home, but because I think he'll do a really good job of it. Plus, I WANT to hear him sing INXS... I think his voice would match their poppier songs...I hope I'm not proven wrong.

Bottom three this week according to votes: MiG, Jordis and Susie

Bottom three according to me: Susie, JD and, sadly, MiG

+ Reply to Thread