+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: MiG

Peter Frampton

This was an August 30 article in the Daily Telegraph (Syd, Aust)

SOUNDS like Rock Star: INXS contender Mig Ayesa already has an ego to rival any big-name rocker.

The Michael Hutchence wannabe received a personal call of praise from Peter Frampton after Ayesa sung his 1976 hit Baby I Love Your Way.

"Peter said he almost fell off his chair when he heard me doing Baby I Love Your Way," the Aussie finalist said.

"Frampton said it's the best version he's ever heard and that it would be an honour to meet me after the Rockstar finishes . . . an honour, can you believe it?" Nope.

(link removed)

Well he was actually told by INXS at the taping that Frampton had called and loved the song and he said that he was honored and he blushed like this

I can safely attest, though, after talking to him three times that if he has an ego it is the size of pea and mine is much bigger than his
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner
    This was an August 30 article in the Daily Telegraph (Syd, Aust)

SOUNDS like Rock Star: INXS contender Mig Ayesa already has an ego to rival any big-name rocker.
    Actually, he sounds quite modest to me. He always seems modest on the show. I suppose your interpretation depends on how you want to read it?

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    Well he was actually told by INXS at the taping that Frampton had called and loved the song and he said that he was honored and he blushed like this

I can safely attest, though, after talking to him three times that if he has an ego it is the size of pea and mine is much bigger than his
    We never heard of Mig in Australia until RockStar. I have to admit that I am now a fan. (The 'nope' at the end of the Mig article was put in by the gossip columnist, not added by me !) He comes across as a very humble contestant. I can never understand people for calling him out for being too nice and sweet. I would have like to see him do Bohemian Rhapsody instead of Suzie, since I heard of the rave review he got for 'We Will Rock You-The Queen Musical'. Darn ! She should have dragged him down for the encore of BoRhap, like Mig having Marty and Jordis for his encore

Last edited by OriginalSinner; 09-04-2005 at 12:52 AM.

We never heard of Mig in Australia until RockStar. I have to admit that I am now a fan. (The 'nope' at the end of the Mig article was put in by the gossip columnist, not added by me !) He comes across as a very humble contestant. I can never understand people for calling him out for being too nice and sweet. I would have like to see him do Bohemian Rhapsody instead of Suzie, since I heard of the rave review he got for 'We Will Rock You-The Queen Musical'. Darn ! She should have dragged him down for the encore of BoRhap, like Mig having Marty and Jordis for his encore

Really? He was in Grease in Australia and lived there for a long time. I know he did some other shows there too. As for Bohemian Rhapsody, I would have loved it if she had called MiG and Ty but that would have been very hard to arrange the three of them with no practice.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

[QUOTE=JLuvs]Really? He was in Grease in Australia and lived there for a long time. I know he did some other shows there too.

I meant he is not a known name here. Nobody would know of him except those that saw him in Grease. Grease was promoted here with some well known local performers, and Mig wasn't one of them. Bet they wish they have Mig here doing the show now, after all the publicity he got from RockStar

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    As for Bohemian Rhapsody, I would have loved it if she had called MiG and Ty but that would have been very hard to arrange the three of them with no practice.
    Don't tell me that Mig encore wasn't staged. It's certainly not impromptu, even if they would have us believe.

Don't tell me that Mig encore wasn't staged. It's certainly not impromptu, even if they would have us believe.
    Actually. I think think if was planned Marty and Jordis would have know what notes to sing. Since it sounded very off I believe that it was spontaneous.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread