+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: MiG

Quote Originally Posted by LKH
    Mig is the one true all-around pro in this competition.
    Hmmm, Suzie has been in a band, been solid in all her performances except for the first show which I didn't see, did great at the radio show, nailed the recording studio, works and plays well with others. I think she is a true pro.

Mig is a strong contender for the job, but reading interviews with the band, I am not so sure he has a lock on it.

Pros: Australian, Good Singer, Not bad to look at.
    Cons: Will be compared to Michael, Kind of bland, LOL, obsessed with Bo Rap, maybe he should try to get a gig with Queen.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs
    Pros: Australian, Good Singer, Not bad to look at.
    Cons: Will be compared to Michael, Kind of bland, LOL, obsessed with Bo Rap, maybe he should try to get a gig with Queen.
    Since he was doing WWRY for two years before this show I am quite sure he has had plenty of time doing Queen related things.

What is so bad with Bohemian Rhapsody being someone's favorite song?
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by LKH
    Mig is the one true all-around pro in this competition. He's consistently strong, listens and responds to what is said, and makes an effort to be pleasant…
    You put that very well. I wonder if it has to do with age/maturity somewhat. Regardless of whether I personally like him (and I do), I do think he's the best fit for INXS, based on what I've read on other INXS/Michael sites and on what I've seen of the competition. Marty culd have been a contender, but I agree with those who have commented on his mild orneriness when taking direction.

JD is trying too hard to fill Michael's shoes, which the band has said elsewhere they specifically do NOT want to do.

ETA: BR is one of my all-time favorites! Ah, fond adolescent memories…
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

LKH
    I wouldn't mind seeing Mig show a bit more edge, but here's the thing; if they asked him to do that I think he could. He is the most versatile person there, IMO. Suzie is a great match for that Abba gig she's been doing, but I think if they put a gal at the front, she should be nearer in age to the rest of the band and have a harder edge. Otherwise it's "Cute Suziekins and the old dinosaurs who used to be INXS."

L

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmar
    JD is trying too hard to fill Michael's shoes, which the band has said elsewhere they specifically do NOT want to do.
    the band may not want someone to fill mh's shoes, but i'll bet their label does.

I don't know… I'd assume the label marketing execs would realize that a Micheal impersonator would be the worst possible choice - older folks (like me) would be making constant comparisons against our memories of the real thing, and the bulk of the younger crowd wouldn't know who he was anyway, so the similarity would be meaningless to them.

And it really would just be downright silly (foolish, in fact) for the band to go on record as saying they didn't want a replacement for Michael, then choose someone who is the most likely to draw comparisons, whether willingly or not. These guys seem serious enough about their music not to be doing this simply for fame, but out of an honest desire to make more music together. I think the reality TV approach just sounded innovative to them, and they do seem like risk-takers, to an extent.

These guys have never been typical "rock stars." Michael wasn't either, in some ways. That's one of the reasons why I see Mig as the best fit.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Well I just watched the show tonight and I thought Mig was awesome! Although I thought everyone did i good job tonight. On the very first episode of the show I wasn't that big of a fan of his and I actually totally liked J.D. But as the show has gone on, I have really started to like Mig and I fully hope that he wins!
    like totally freak me out i mean right on!

I was glad Mig gave up Queen to do something out of his comfort zone. I don't think he quite made the grade, but I say final 2 is Mig & Suzie.

Although I know a lot of people didn't like MiG this week it was easily my favorite performance of his. I liked that he went all out with it and that last note was simply amazing. I think he took a risk and that is why INXS responsed positively to it.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

LKH
    JLuv,

I'm with you. I think Mig is the most versatile, accomplished contender for this. He can take the band any direction it wants to go, and he is visually a great fit. The second-best, to me, is Marty, and I am not getting the radical fan base he has developed. He's good but I see too many areas for improvement to be that wowed.

L

+ Reply to Thread