+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: MiG

Trippy, you put your finger on it for me! MiG overpronounces words like Steve Perry! That's it!! That's the only thing that really bugs me about him. And that his legs are as tiny as my 3-year old daughter's, but other than that I dig him. I don't think he's charismatic enough to lead the band, but I do like him. He's adorable! In the way my little brother is adorable.

GO MIG!!! He's so awesome! He's gonna loved worldwide because he's Filipino, Aussie, and He's currently living in England
    Last edited by krazy4kalan7; 08-25-2005 at 04:40 PM.

Just have to say that MiG is so right for INXS and has a spectacular attitude about everything.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by krazy4kalan7
    GO MIG!!! He's so awesome! He's gonna loved worldwide because he's Filipino, Aussie, and He's currently living in England

did anyone read the article I just posted? He said he's proud to be Filipino!

Quote Originally Posted by CelicaDude25
    did anyone read the article I just posted? He said he's proud to be Filipino!
    He is very proud of all of his countries. Always shows lots of love to Brits, Aussies, Filipinos any one that wants to claim a part of him.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Not really sure why I just don't feel Mig too much. He is too squeaky-clean, I think. (I know, I know, since when is squeaky-clean bad?) It just seems like he could be American Idol with Carrie Underwood.

To the person who mentioned he over-pronounces words, that's most likely due to his extensive theatre experience.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    Not really sure why I just don't feel Mig too much. He is too squeaky-clean, I think. (I know, I know, since when is squeaky-clean bad?) It just seems like he could be American Idol with Carrie Underwood.

To the person who mentioned he over-pronounces words, that's most likely due to his extensive theatre experience.
    He is not squeaky clean, just because someone is a nice guy doesn't make them a saint. Comparing him to Carrie Underwood <shudders>.
    -Bono

Actually, there is a bit of snark under his nice guy appearance. The only one that jumps to mind is his comment before a performance that since JD gets so much attention that they should all misbehave to get attention. I loved that he called the band and Dave out on rewarding bad behavior WHILE calling it bad behavior. But he has had a few other subtle snarks that made me stop and go "whoa" not such the nice guy all the time.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

LKH
    Mig is the one true all-around pro in this competition. He's consistently strong, listens and responds to what is said, and makes an effort to be pleasant (important when you are dealing with a lot of people - prima donnas are horrible to work with). Ty is a close second, but seems less able to take direction. I think Mig will (and should) get the gig.

L

FORT Fanatic
    Still think that Mig is in the lead to getting the gig...the main reason, besides having a good voice, being that he's had a fairly big gig in the past...he's had to protect his voice while performing several times a week. Our Band: INXS know that he's a professional.

He's also a fellow Aussie. I personally like that. Seems right to me.

My personal choice would be JD but he is definitely a wildcard. Either one would be ok with me (Sorry Suzie, I'm hoping you go solo and make us all proud)

However...I'm getting a sense that Mig is playing for the camera's quite a bit. JD should play to the camera's more but I don't think he's mastered the "keep foot away from mouth" technique.

Remember...I quite like Mig but after a read of his blog today he's definitely whinging. One thing struck me is how many times he used "I"...it was I this...I that...

A quick count reveled 30 uses of "I".

All over not getting Bohemian Rhapsody...Shouldn't he stay away from Queen songs since that is his day job? Wouldn't Our Band expect brilliance since he's been rehearsing BR and queen songs in general for weeks/months/years?

+ Reply to Thread