+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Marty

Marty

MARTY
    Hometown: Chicago, IL

Marty is the youngest of six children. He attended the University of Illinois, Champaign, where he received a Bachelor of Science degree in Finance. Upon completion of his studies, he interned for the Illinois Board of Trade for six months and then with a record label.

In 1998, Marty began working as a commercial real estate appraiser. Also, his original song "Rain on the Brain" was a finalist in the Pop Category of the John Lennon songwriting contest.

Marty started his band, Lovehammers, when he was 14 years old, and they've been together ever since. The band has sold over 12,000 records and is a Chicago area favorite. Marty's style has been described by critics as a cross between Mick Jagger and Iggy Pop. The Lovehammers recently completed a 21 city national tour, where they opened for Cake and Gomez.

Lovehammers have also opened for Nickelback, Jerry Cantrell, Puddle of Mudd, Interpol, Lifehouse and New Found Glory. The band's single "The Tunnel" will be featured in the motion picture "Communication Breakdown." Their single "Say You're Sorry" will be featured in the motion picture "Greener." And, another single, "This Town," has been chosen to be the theme song for the World Shidokan Championships on ESPN. The band was recently seen in a Commonwealth Edison regional television commercial.

In March 2003, the Lovehammers DVD Live/Raw debuted at #1 on the Billboard Musical DVD Chart.

Marty's birth date is September 26, 1973.

i guess he'd be willing to dump the lovehammers, huh? only been with them for 17 years... no biggie.

Silent Lover To All TymeMarteen's Avatar
    dang if only he were born one day later, we would share birthdays.

Saw this last night and I kept thinking, 'why is the Fonz now a rock star?' This guy reminds me SO much of henry winkler, it was mildly distracting.

I love Marty and he can rock

at Glitter...I don't see it but now I'm going to think of it every time I look at him.

This guy is my favourite. I thought his Franz Ferdinand cover was fabulous, and I love his voice and style. I'm thinking he may be the dark horse in this competition.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Oh Ajane, I see it so clearly - he is the love child of Iggy Pop and Henry Winkler!

Just look at the face shape, the smile - It's there I tell ya!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Martini goggles rock!! Friskymel's Avatar

This guy rocks!

Hey all,

I am from Chicago and was introduced to the Lovehammers by a friend of mine Edgar. They and Marty totally rock.

The great thing about Marty is he is a down to earth, approachable kind of guy. When they perform in smaller venues in the city like the Double Door, they are on the floor or in the bar before and after chatting with friends and fans alike.

They sing both original and a few remakes, too. And they are just as good live as on CD.

Marty is funk and hunk and singer all rolled into one. He is going to be one of the last men standing as this competition winds down.

Gooo Marty!

Melissa
    Chicago, IL
    "You must believe in yourself before you can believe in someone else...."

I really liked this guy - he has the chops to make the cut and, for me, he showed the most energy and the crowd really responded to him.
    Glitter I don't see the Fonz similarities but when he was wearing that hat Tuesday night .. on a long camera shot you'd swear you were lookin at Tom Petty
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Not feeling it.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast