+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Marty

FORT Fan

The scary conductor is back...

I loved the encore of Wish You Were Here, but why did he have to do the scary conductor thing again?

Check out the competitor's blogs this week. A couple of them mention how much they like Marty's 'Wish You Were Here' (Ty and (I think) MiG).

I thought Marty's singing was even better during the Pink Floyd encore than during his first time. Yet, overall I just wasn't happy because I think he's weird. I agree, Scary Conductor is just plain dumb and totally distracts from the song. Furthermore, he started doing his vibrating again, and this is during a vocal that isn't even that hard to expel. Why the heck does he shake so much? Is he sick? If he has that hard of a time singing that soft of a vocal, then yes there is something wrong with him.

I think he needs to see a doctor like Susie suggested. He has a messed up throat and looks like he is getting Parkinsons on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde
    I loved the encore of Wish You Were Here, but why did he have to do the scary conductor thing again?

Some people (OK, at least me and David Navarro) like "the scary conductor thing" not to mention the "screaming" that some seem to dislike. I really liked Wish both times but I still most enjoyed Marty's intense performances (Hit Me Baby One More Time, Don't Change, etc...). It's all a matter of taste I guess.

Every time I hear people talk about screaming I expect them to say "you can't even understand the words" like in a Twisted Sister video.

Marty did an awesome awesome job tonight.

I felt so much more comfortable with the eyelinerLESS version of Marty. He seemed more human.

I think Marty had a very successful night for him. I suppose he will get the encore (although after rewatching the JD original and the Marty original, I really think JD did a better all-around job).

I didn't like Trees as much as some folks, and I hope I don't have to hear that on the radio.

Can't believe he got the first G-string! Yikes. I think he shoulda put them around his arm or neck, ha ha

I partially heard some comment during tonight's show about him consistently being the 1st-place contestant according to voters. I'm not sure exactly what I heard, or if I mis-heard it, but that's what I think I heard. Can't remember if it was Brooke or one of OBINXS guys who said it.

FORT Fan
    Brooke said something about his "Wish You Were Here" clip being the #1 download off of MSN. I don't know if that's what you heard.

After listening to the Lovehammers audio clips (they just sold a CD!), I'd rather he went back to them. Their sound is just more my style. Either way Marty has been my favorite since day one and he hasn't messed up once. He rocks!

Marty has really refined his technique this past month. He is the true creative genius on the show. I like his range and the tone of his voice. He is also entertaining to watch. Trees was awesome and I woke up singing it this morning!

"You and me, up in the trees...." la la la

Hands down Marty is the whole package - but does he was INXS?

Jordis - solo career?
    JD - immature and ego in his way -
    MIG - back to broadway - just not a Rock Star, more an entertainer (which aint bad)
    Suzi - A sweetheart, Look out Sheryl Crow -
    Support the FORT - Go Green

I think I can now look in the mirror & admit that I have attained geezerdom. I just don't get the Marty love. He says he is going to lighten it up a bit & then screams his way through a song called Trees? If that is lightening up, you could say you just took a glancing blow the last time you got run over by a train. Dave, if I heard that on my radio I can say the station would be changed immediately. And OBINXS, if that is what you are looking to put on your next album I can see it being in the remainder bins relatively soon.

FORT Newbie
    I have felt the Marty love for some time ... He is very talented, but heís also very professional and can take things seriously while still retaining who he is. He is also modest and sweet. He seems an ideal musician.

I woke up with the chorus from the Trees song stuck in my head, too! It was subtle and clever and showed great songwriting (as, Iíll grudgingly admit, did JD). Jordisí original song definitely showed Martyís influence, too.

I think INXS is angling toward Marty over JD b/c of Martyís professionalism. JD is a loose cannon, and I think the INXS guys are a little to old to want to deal with that now.

+ Reply to Thread