+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Marty

FORT Regular
    I thought his performance of Don't Change was great. Bolstered my opinion that he's one of two (Mig) who may win this.

FORT Fan
    I agree and I think it may have even made him the favorite based on the band's response to his performance. He's my favorite of the ones left.

Well, Marty definitely had the angry rocker thing going on last night. Not sure if he was angry about the band's comments from Tues night about his singing style (which they conveniently took back) or landing in the bottom three. Personally, I think he did an allright job with the INXS song, but I think he was given kind of a pass with the song choice...he could angst Don't Change up and it would work. If things had been switched and he had a softer ballad, like Never Tear Us Apart, I don't know if he could have pulled it off as well. Especially since he seemed sooo very p*ssed off last night!

I have dubbed Marty the white male equivalent of Vonzell Solomon. If you can't find the melody find a way to scream & yell through the song & maybe everyone will find the dramatics in that approach. He could find the angst in The Candy Man. The anger has become tiring & I can't even imagine sitting through a 2 plus hour concert of it.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    The anger has become tiring & I can't even imagine sitting through a 2 plus hour concert of it.
    Me either. I don't like his style at all and I hope INXS doesn't go in that direction. Even half way. Ick.

I may be the minority...but I can see myself in the front row, of a concert, rocking out if Marty wins.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    I may be the minority...but I can see myself in the front row, of a concert, rocking out if Marty wins.
    I'll be in the front row rocking out if JD wins. Or Susie. LOL!

I agree Sweetpea, unless every new INXS song will be about anger/hate/frustration, Marty is going to really limit them. I can't really imagine Marty singing about love, nor about seduction. He just isn't soft like that. Everything with him is hardness, to the point of spasms sometimes. I dunno what to think. I'm not feeling him so much anymore.

He does seem to be extremely comfortable on stage though.

I think I knew I was over him when he mentioned wanting to sing like System Of A Down (last night). I don't think they are exactly relevant to music these days. Marty has a niche. INXS just needs to decide if they want to be in that same niche or not.

FORT Fanatic
    I've enjoyed a few of his performances but I'm bored of him now. Marty's fans seemed to like his performance of Don't Change but I thought he was going to get ripped for it. Not that it was Jordis bad by any stretch but more of the same. System of the Down????? It's Our Band: INXS, you don't place antlers on a dog and call it a Moose.

I must admit that I may be falling into the JD bashers habit of just ripping him cause I'm no longer hoping he wins but I think he's fallen a little behind of Mig and JD for the final spot.

He really reminds me of Bryce...the Falcon Killer of Joe Schmo 2. Shorter hair but the eyes...it's all in the eyes.

FORT Newbie
    He reminds me of a Fabio with shorter hair combined with the blond guy from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

+ Reply to Thread