+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Marty

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I feel confident that Marty can kick Hit Me Baby One More Time's arse tonight
    Don't think so. He just sounded like an angry Britney Spears (with a few howls and scowls). The track could have sounded very different if it were given to JD. Look at how Jordis redid Bob Dylan's Knockin' on heaven's door. Marty is just not as creative...

Martini goggles rock!! Friskymel's Avatar
    Under the circumstances, I think Marty did a great job. He turned it to the darker side, which he excels at and it works if you actually listen to the words of the song.

As to Marty's Party at Joe's, it is a blast. There are many TV's and big screens up (sports bar) and even individual tv's built into the tables. The Lovehammers with guest lead singers perform before and after the show with Rockstar on all the monitors during!

Its a great atmosphere, can't beat $2 pitchers and 1/2 price pizzas! Its everything from yuppie, to sporty to rock fans all in one and loving it! also the other members of the band are approachable and really good guys! If you get the chance to go, do.

I was there last night and had a great time.

Melissa
    "You must believe in yourself before you can believe in someone else...."

FORT Fogey
    This thread has so few posts!

I think Marty looks like David Spade, in a strange sort of way. Marty also sings extremely well. He's fun to listen to.

I like Marty's verison of Hit me Baby, but I've always liked to hear men sing that song. Billy Boyd sang it on, i think Ellen, and I fell in love when he sang it - it really needs some bite, and Marty gave it that. I wasn't too impressed at first - but I'm beginning to like him a lot more!

FORT Fogey
    I think Marty isn't getting many posts because he isn't very controversial. I personally think he's a good singer and I think he would fit in with the band pretty well.

He might darken them up a bit (more grunge rock) but they might lighten him up a big (less grunge rock). He definitely has a nice voice and I could listen to him over and over and over again.

I think it is going to get down to Marty, MiG, and Jordis. At that point, I don't know who the band will pick but I think they are all really good at what they do. I would listen to any one of them. It's up to the band to decide. I'd hate to think the band was locked into the audience choice since, hey, it's their band!!

It's kind of interesting comparing this competition to American Idol since these singers are all so much better than what Idol throws up there. Yeah, many of them are older, but they are so much more interesting to listen to. It kind of makes me wonder why American Idol even exists...???

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    AI exists to give the RIAA something to smile about - people who will go out and buy CDs.

I don't think they expected it to be this successful, but hey... people are buying the CDs.

As for Marty, I think he's more versatile than people will give credit for. But I'd like to know more... is anyone here familiar with the Lovehammers' music?
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

FORT Fogey
    There's something "I've seen it before" about Marty. Nonetheless, I like the guy and hope he does well. I'm not sure he fits INXS (which isnt necessarily a bad thing). He seems edgier than they are.

Is it just me or does Marty look like he's going to have a seizure and pass out when he sings?? He looks awfully creepy when that vein in his forehead pops out an his eyes go all buggy.

I also think his upper lip looks like a frog lip.

Quote Originally Posted by eh~mee!
    I also think his upper lip looks like a frog lip.
    What upper lip?

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eh~mee!
    Is it just me or does Marty look like he's going to have a seizure and pass out when he sings?? He looks awfully creepy when that vein in his forehead pops out an his eyes go all buggy.
    Yea, Marty was one of my favorites a few weeks ago, but he's consistently channeling Angry-Demon Rock in every song he sings...
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

+ Reply to Thread