+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Marty

I think Marty did a great job last night. he's a little scary looking but who isn't in this bunch? (O.K....Mig but besides him? )

Go Marty!

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Goooo Marty!
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

Marty was not my favorite at the beginning of this whole competition but now I have changed my mind and stand corrected. I really dig him! He did EXCELLENT this week and last week too!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Take Me Out
    Lithium
    With Arms Wide Open
    Mr Brightside

4 Home Runs IMO, if I may use a baseball analogy. I liked Jordis in the beginning (and still do) but Marty has really blown me away the last few weeks.

When Marty sings " Destiny is calling me..." during Mr Brightside, it's easy to believe Destiny is calling him to be the new lead singer of INXS.

Marty rocks! IMO, he has been the most consistent performer (with Jordis close behind). Plus he does seem to have less of an ego and just seems more natural performing than some of the other contestants. I've loved all his songs (except didn't like the Creed one much), and after he did the Franz Ferdinand song Take Me Out I went out and bought that CD - his version was awesome! Anyway should be interesting to see how he sings INXS songs. He certainly can nail a Nirvana tune! And now, let's see what he does with Brittany Spears - his reaction to being handed that song was hilarious.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Live in or coming to Chicago? Go to a weekly "Marty Party" . (I have nothing to do with this place, so this does NOT profit me. I can understand if this post gets deleted by one of our fine monitors)
    'Rock Star: INXS' Viewing Party
    Joe's Bar
    940 W. Weed St.

Prefer your viewing material a little less rough-and-tumble and a little more rock 'n' roll? Leave the serious subject matter for another night and watch local crooner Marty Casey compete to be the next power pop frontman at a "Rock Star: INXS" Viewing Party for the CBS reality series. Will Casey manage to woo the band with his earnest intonations, or will the judges remain mesmerized by dreded diva Jordis? Stay tuned. Casey's band, The Lovehammers, performs at 10 p.m. Drink specials include 25 cent Miller drafts and $2 pitchers. Also, get half-price pizzas from 5-9 p.m.

Tuesdays : 8 p.m.

Price: $3

Hey, that sounds pretty cool! Are you going, Squatman?

The "dreded diva, Jordis."

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    Hey, that sounds pretty cool! Are you going, Squatman?

The "dreded diva, Jordis."
    very tempting, especially with Marty attempting to do something exciting with that Spears song

I have other obligations for tonight, so I'll go next week, or the following week, and definitely to watch Marty in the finale.

I feel confident that Marty can kick Hit Me Baby One More Time's arse tonight

+ Reply to Thread