+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Marty

Well I got it today. I think both Marty's album and the INXS album are great.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    It's pretty goofy to not buy an album because of one song, but I hate that stupid song.
    RB, you can always just skip over "Trees" (I used to do that to all of Yoko Ono's songs on "Double Fantasy" so I could just listen to John singing). I like the new album a lot, ESPECIALLY "Trees." Marty's got a really strong voice and conveys emotions very well.

I actually gave away my "Switch" CD. I listened to it a couple times and just never really warmed up to it. And when I hear "Pretty Vegas" occassionally on the radio, it does nothing for me. J.D. did a decent job with it on "Rock Star," but I liked his a capella version (that he sang for INXS during the workshop) the best. I think I'd rather see INXS play live than listen to their current CDs.

JLuvs, I figured out how to make my own avatar. Who thinks this one's cuter than my old one (of MiGgy)? Hands? Anyone? Razor? Answer, or I'll make you listen to "Trees"!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    JLuvs, I figured out how to make my own avatar. Who thinks this one's cuter than my old one (of MiGgy)? Hands? Anyone? Razor? Answer, or I'll make you listen to "Trees"!
    Ahhh. The new avatar is adorable. Not that I didn't like the one of MiG being a cheerleader.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    RB, you can always just skip over "Trees" (I used to do that to all of Yoko Ono's songs on "Double Fantasy" so I could just listen to John singing). I like the new album a lot, ESPECIALLY "Trees." Marty's got a really strong voice and conveys emotions very well.

I actually gave away my "Switch" CD. I listened to it a couple times and just never really warmed up to it. And when I hear "Pretty Vegas" occassionally on the radio, it does nothing for me. J.D. did a decent job with it on "Rock Star," but I liked his a capella version (that he sang for INXS during the workshop) the best. I think I'd rather see INXS play live than listen to their current CDs.

You know I also used to skip Yoko's stuff on Double Fantasy, but since John's death I haven't been able to listen to his part either. I really still miss the guy & just can't bring myself to cue up that album. I'll still give a listen to Working Class Hero though.

On the Switch album, I haven't heard it, but there must be a whole lot of people with the same opinion as yours. It has absolutely tanked on the Charts. It just hasn't seemd to have struck a nerve with anyone, & after all the publicity from the show it surprises me as to how little it has sold.

I like the avater. I have never learned how to do that stuff so I have just the boring, no frills stuff. Please, I am pleading on my hands & knees, NO TREES!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    You know I also used to skip Yoko's stuff on Double Fantasy, but since John's death I haven't been able to listen to his part either. I really still miss the guy & just can't bring myself to cue up that album. I'll still give a listen to Working Class Hero though.

On the Switch album, I haven't heard it, but there must be a whole lot of people with the same opinion as yours. It has absolutely tanked on the Charts. It just hasn't seemd to have struck a nerve with anyone, & after all the publicity from the show it surprises me as to how little it has sold.

I like the avater. I have never learned how to do that stuff so I have just the boring, no frills stuff. Please, I am pleading on my hands & knees, NO TREES!
    Yeah, I had a feeling I wouldn't love "Switch," but I was happy to buy it and put some money in their pockets (I hope some of it actually went to them and not just Mark Burnett or whatever!). The problem isn't that Michael Hutchence is gone and J.D. is the new guy. I think that most bands after 20 years lose some of their edge and aren't as creative as they used to be. The Rolling Stones put out some of the most amazing records back in the day. Now, their new CDs are kinda "eh." BUT, they are still fun to see live. And I think that's kind of where INXS is at. Their CDs aren't that great anymore, but they probably put on killer shows (as noted by some of our astute Fort concertgoers)!

Yeah, John's death was hard on me, too. I still remember where I was when I heard he was shot--I thought it was a joke at first. Have you guys seen the photos of hottie Jared Leto all plumped up to play Mark David Chapman in the movie about the shooting? Lindsay Lohan plays another Lennon fan...

Anyhow, I won't make you listen to "Trees." I'll listen to it all by myself. I LOVE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Ahhh. The new avatar is adorable. Not that I didn't like the one of MiG being a cheerleader.
    The amazing JLuvs made me that MiG=cheerleader one! It was my first avatar. Before that, I was "Pebbles" from the auto list they have here...but I used to get confused (I'm not that bright) 'cause other people had that same one and I'd think they were me. (I told you I wasn't that bright!)

I am listening to a Lovehammers live interview right now on KLOS. They did an acoustic version of Trees. It is nice to here Dino and the other members. They are so funny.

Wow they just did a kick ass live version of Ring of Fire.
    Last edited by JLuvs; 01-25-2006 at 12:44 PM.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FOOO I want to hear them!

I bet "Ring of Fire" was great, I love that song.
    Go Marty!
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

They did The Tunnel as well - I was so bummed that I didn't get work today....but after hearing all of this I take it back.
    -Bono

FORT Newbie
    I like SWITCH and I know other people that like it too. Billboard, Pop Culture and People gave it a good review. They didn't have much promotion in the US before the album release and rating's s for the show weren't great. I think they left the states after the album released. Thier debut actually was better than industry expectations. It's not setting the world on fire in the US but that's OK. It's only been out a couple of months with limited airplay and PV is rising in airplay each week. Just took a little while to get there. It's went Platinum in Canada and GOld in Australia(that was back in Dec.)a and is doing well in a couple of other countries. According to 2 articles it's sold more than a million copies worldwide so far. I don't know how accurate that is but between Canada and US it's around half a million copies. Thier next single Afterglow is about to be released. I think it has mainstream appeal and may do well. I think for the amount of time they had to do the album it's reallly good. I haven't listened to the Lovehammers album yet but I'll listen to that one. I think there's room for everyone to have success and I hope they all do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Libra40 View Post
    I like SWITCH and I know other people that like it too. Billboard, Pop Culture and People gave it a good review. They didn't have much promotion in the US before the album release and rating's s for the show weren't great. I think they left the states after the album released. Thier debut actually was better than industry expectations. It's not setting the world on fire in the US but that's OK. It's only been out a couple of months with limited airplay and PV is rising in airplay each week. Just took a little while to get there. It's went Platinum in Canada and GOld in Australia(that was back in Dec.)a and is doing well in a couple of other countries. According to 2 articles it's sold more than a million copies worldwide so far. I don't know how accurate that is but between Canada and US it's around half a million copies. Thier next single Afterglow is about to be released. I think it has mainstream appeal and may do well. I think for the amount of time they had to do the album it's reallly good. I haven't listened to the Lovehammers album yet but I'll listen to that one. I think there's room for everyone to have success and I hope they all do well.
    Speaking of Pretty Vegas, is it the theme song now for that TV show about Las Vegas (the one with James Caan)? I saw a preview for it last week, and they were playing the "it ain't pretty...after the show" part.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    The amazing JLuvs made me that MiG=cheerleader one! It was my first avatar. Before that, I was "Pebbles" from the auto list they have here...but I used to get confused (I'm not that bright) 'cause other people had that same one and I'd think they were me. (I told you I wasn't that bright!)
    What a sweetie that JLuvs is to do that for you. I forget who I was when I was generic, but I know what you mean about getting yourself confused with other people.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread