+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Marty

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|97632|1|,00.html

I love how wonderfully graceful these guys have been, especially Marty.

A consistently strong contestant with a great capacity for absorbing and incorporating INXS' feedback into his performances, Casey entered the finale a fan favorite who had only been in the Bottom Three once. He also distinguished himself by being one of the most gracious runner-ups in reality show history -- smiling broadly and enthusiastically enjoying the mini-concert the new INXS threw immediately following the finale.

"I just wanted J.D.'s moment to not be anything about my sadness," Casey says. "I didn't want to be down. It was a great moment in his life, so I wanted to respect that moment and give him his spot in the sun."
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

Agreed. One couldn't have asked for a better runner-up speech than what Marty gave. No question, he was a perfect spokesman, and he displayed the perfect attitude. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect night.

But one thing's for sure: INXS chose someone else, and they had founded reasons. And because of Marty's popularity, they also chose to offer him something that would be great for both him and them! It's an excellent outcome.

But popularity wasn't the reason they chose JD. In spite of that, they chose him. There was obviously 1 or more reasons. Rest assured, we'll never know exactly why, but at this point we're all winners. Look at how much we got to see for freeeeeee! If you think you can see better than this in your town, I dare ya'!

I give a huge kudos to Marty for being such a great sport, and wish him congratulations on the offer of being an opening act. I think the best man FOR THIS JOB won, and I'm sure Marty is extremely close to the same kind of fame as what JD will be getting.

I want the best for both of them!

A consistently strong contestant with a great capacity for absorbing and incorporating INXS' feedback into his performances, Casey entered the finale a fan favorite who had only been in the Bottom Three once. He also distinguished himself by being one of the most gracious runner-ups in reality show history -- smiling broadly and enthusiastically enjoying the mini-concert the new INXS threw immediately following the finale.

"I just wanted J.D.'s moment to not be anything about my sadness," Casey says. "I didn't want to be down. It was a great moment in his life, so I wanted to respect that moment and give him his spot in the sun."
    Fan favorite is quite correct. Marty made the show for me, and I enjoyed his performance style and his understated personality. He was always very quick with a kind word and smile. I was never less than entertained after one of his performances.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

FORT Newbie
    Marty was, hands-down, the most magnetic presence on the stage throughout this competition. I sit about 12 feet from the television, usually, but when he was performing, i was easily within 3. J.D. will be a lot easier to control, being that he is so in awe of INXS. Marty had a vision for them. They didn't want to see it. They have their yes-man now. Don't get me wrong - I like INXS, but sometimes change is a scary thought, and control is much more comforting. At least this way Marty can still put butts in the seats (if he's offered and accepts their opening act invitation) while they mold J.D. into what their lookin' for. Good luck to all of them...

Does anyone have a link to the chat transcript from yesterday? Thanks!
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

Quote Originally Posted by PurrpleCat
    Does anyone have a link to the chat transcript from yesterday? Thanks!
    You can find it through sirlinksalot, jokers update.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGills
    I wonder if the whole premise then is really to only be 'lead singer' for OB:INXS for a one year stint, like Apprentice. INXS has been using guest leads since MH passed away. This concept would fit, they wouldn't be on the hook if the 'chosen one' turns out to be a poor fit. Probably not though, we'd have been told... wouldn't we?
    I don't think they'd get many viewers for RS:INXS The Second Year'. The one year contract is an out for both sides (and ensures that the winner has to say yes to INXS at the end) but it's in INXS's best interest if they find someone who can stay with them for the rest of their careers. They're never going to get this much free publicity again.

FORT Regular
    Marty fans - there is a movement to get the Lovehammers on Saturday Night Live and on Letterman! Send in your requests and spread the word!

Hey, let's get the Lovehammers on David Letterman and on Saturaday Night live!

SNL email: SaturdayNightLive@nbcuni.com

Letterman: http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/ then click on "show info" (small at top) then click on email

Dancing Close To The Edge BusyMom4Boys's Avatar
    As a JD fan, I just want to thank Marty for being as gracious as he has been. It says a lot about his character.

He is going to be hugely successful and you, his fans, should be proud. He is a classy guy.

+ Reply to Thread