+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Marty

WE HAVE A VIEWING PARTY SITE!!!! Here is a link: http://proofnyc.com/index.html

Please join all of us everclearians to a finale viewing party in New York City. I love Marty too so you're invited even if you drink Kool-aid or Milk and Cookies.

Place: Proof (Sports Bar)
    239 3rd Avenue
    Downstairs bar
    Time: 9pm to get acquainted with one another, get drinks and get ready for the finale.

The have a full bar and menu in case you want food with your drinks.

Please rsvp by responding to this thread or email ROCKSTARINXS@yahoo.com if you plan to attend. If we have over 60 people, they will bring in another bartender and waitress. I need to let them know by noon on Tuesday.

COME ONE, COME ALL, EVEN IF YOU LIKE MIG...LOL

DIRECTIONS:
    Directions: 3rd Street between 19th and 20th. BY SUBWAY: You can take the N,R,4,5,6 trains and get off at Union Square. Head east to 3rd Avenue and go left. From Penn Station: you need to take two trains. Walk over to Herald Square and jump on B or D south and change trains on Broadway/Lafayette St to the 4-5-6 trains north to Union Square station. From Times Square: take the N-R south to the 14th Street station and then walk east to 3rd Street and north to Proof.

I am sure there are many other paths you can take. That is a few off the top of my head. Here is a link to the MTA Subway map: http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/nyct/maps/submap.htm

Quote Originally Posted by CdnINXSFan
    There seems to be a strong belief from people who (say they) know Marty that he will only stick with the gig for one year. ...
    I wonder if the whole premise then is really to only be 'lead singer' for OB:INXS for a one year stint, like Apprentice. INXS has been using guest leads since MH passed away. This concept would fit, they wouldn't be on the hook if the 'chosen one' turns out to be a poor fit. Probably not though, we'd have been told... wouldn't we?

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Perfect ending for Marty. He gets to front his own band and go on a world tour with OB: INXS. What a great way to kick-start a career. Much better than trying to meet the expectations of an established band. Good on ya Marty.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I feel happy for Marty because he doesn't have to sing that "Suicide Blonde" remake. That new song Easy Easy sound just like the remake of suicide blonde and for me it's horrible.

Marty Rocks!!!!

Though I was very happy for JD and INXS, Marty was the performer I found most compelling and he without a doubt entertained me the most this season. Showing parts of his first performances on the finale was interesting and very striking to see how he has progressed with his stage act and explored other vocal arrangements (but don't entirely abandon the mad conductor, Marty!!). He was also very gracious being second to JD.

I expect he will go far! And I'm sure his band the Lovehammers are psyched to have their front man back.

Trees

Where can I download that original song by the skinny blonde guy who looked like he was in the Warlock films and Boxing Helena?

He was robbed!

Thanks for any link!
    DIMELO!

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David
    Perfect ending for Marty. He gets to front his own band and go on a world tour with OB: INXS. What a great way to kick-start a career. Much better than trying to meet the expectations of an established band. Good on ya Marty.
    absolutely!

And Marty won't have to compromise his style.

Fortunately for me, I can go see Marty at a more intimate venue here in Chicago, and not have to fork over a fortune just for seeing Fortune.

FORT Regular
    I know it's a great opporutunity for him, and hopefully for the Lovehammers, but I also wish I could see them in a smaller venue, without INXS/JD! Anyway, I'm happy for him and will remain a fan!

FORT Newbie
    Marty can take solace in the fact that he probably would have won had this been fan voting. That statement is backed by the fact that he was the top vote getter in the last fan voting show and the fact that he, at one of the later shows, had more votes than the bottom 3 combined, which included JD.

But he really is probably is better off not winning. INXS was looking for a singer, but not necessarily a leader. They have an ego too. I doubt they want a person 15 years younger than them and who hasn't proved himself to tell them what to do or even meet them halfway. There probably would have been a lot of tension between Marty and the band. JD will have his work cut out for him.

But Marty got a lot of exposure and can lead his Treehammer band in any direction he wants to go. It's like some of the American Idol runner ups. They didn't win but they ended up being more popular than the winner.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnINXSFan
    There seems to be a strong belief from people who (say they) know Marty that he will only stick with the gig for one year. If I was in INXS I'd be looking for long term. Difficult choice Marty is so popular but might not stick around. JD says he'll stick around (my guess he pushes that because it's his advantage over Marty) but he might be difficult to work with - they might not last because they don't want him anymore.

That's what the group has been saying all along. The winner will sing on their next record (they didn't say "lead" singer, however), and will go on tour with them for their next album. That's about a year, right? I guess if they like JD they could sign him on for a longer period of time, but for now it's just a year.

+ Reply to Thread